These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on DoTA. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our forum runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum section. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum section may be given a warning. #
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning. #
- Members are asked to not act as a moderators. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this rules they are welcome to bring it to the attention of moderators. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly act as moderators may be warned. #
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning. #
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed. #
- Members are asked to post in English, as this is an English speaking community, unless posts in other languages are allowed in that section of the forum. If you are unsure if some section allows posts in other languages then ask about it in moderator/administrator. You are free to use any languages in PM as long as your recipient can understand you. #
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed. #
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of smilies, large, small or colored text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned. #
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include: "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good subjects include: "Guide to XYZ", "I can't do XYZ", "Error XYZ", etc. #
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, solicitation, gold selling, etc. Recruiting members for your own forums/sites (moderators, designers, etc.) is not permitted and is also considered spam. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information. #
- Members are asked to not disclose to any 3rd party, board, forum or list any vulnerabilities in this forum or any other KAMIKADzE's/InvoKAMI projects, before first notifying KAMIKADzE. You should submit all finds to KAMIKADzE in PM or mail at support@InvoKAMI.com. Time should be allowed for us to respond. #
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to moderators and not users. #
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging. #
- Up to 300px high signatures are allowed, be it text, images or smilies. #
- Signature can contain up to 10 different images (excluding smilies). #
- Content in signatures should be consistent with normal writing and abide by the general forum etiquette. You may not include hidden text or links or information in your signature. #
- You may not link to warez, pornographic, racist or other similar extremist sites in your signature. #
- Remote signature images must have a consistently high availability to ensure page load times are not affected. #
- "Flashy" animated images, that might distract or insult other users are not allowed. #
- You're not allowed to insert video in your signature. #
- The use of Donation buttons (e.g PayPal, Patreon) in your signature is prohibited. #
- Users abusing these rules will be warned or have their signature privileges revoked. #
- Avatars must not contain images/animated images which attempt to portray the ranks or avatars of "DoTA" administrators/moderators. #
- Remote avatars must have a consistently high availability to ensure page load times are not affected. #
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to the general forum etiquette. #
- Users abusing these rules will be warned or have their avatar privileges revoked. #
Excessive use of Donation buttons (e.g PayPal, Patreon) is prohibited.
The use of Donation buttons is allowed only within main post of the thread that contains some valuable information shared with other members of this forum (e.g. guide, language patch, article on something, etc.). #
- Users abusing these rules will be warned or have their BB Code privileges revoked. #
- Excessive use of Donation buttons (e.g PayPal, Patreon) is prohibited.
Repetitive violation of any rules may lead to timed or permanent ban.
The determination of what punishment(ban) should be used is up to administration of the forum. #
- Repetitive violation of any rules may lead to timed or permanent ban.