This policy explains in detail how “DoTA” along with its affiliated companies (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “DoTA”, “https://dota.invokami.com”) use any information collected during any session of usage by you (hereinafter “your information”).
We take privacy very seriously and will never try to sell your private information. That said, before using this forum, you should consider that:
1) We collect your information in 2 ways. Firstly, browsing “DoTA” will cause the forum engine to create a number of cookies, which are small text files that are downloaded on to your computer’s web browser temporary files. The first two cookies just contain a user identifier (hereinafter “user-id”) and an anonymous session identifier (hereinafter “session-id”), automatically assigned to you by the forum engine. A third cookie will be created once you have browsed topics within “DoTA” and is used to store which topics have been read, thereby improving your user experience. We may also create cookies external to the forum engine whilst browsing “DoTA”, though these are outside the scope of this document which is intended to only cover the pages created by the forum engine.
The second way in which we collect your information is by what you submit to us. This can be, and is not limited to: posting as an anonymous user (hereinafter “anonymous posts”), registering on “DoTA” (hereinafter “your account”) and posts submitted by you after registration and whilst logged in (hereinafter “your posts”).
2) Your account will at a bare minimum contain a uniquely identifiable name (hereinafter “your user name”), a personal password used for logging into your account (hereinafter “your password”) and a personal, valid email address (hereinafter “your email”). Your information for your account at “DoTA” is protected by data-protection laws applicable in the country that hosts us. Any information beyond your user name, your password, and your email address required by “DoTA” during the registration process is either mandatory or optional, at the discretion of “DoTA”. In all cases, you have the option of what information in your account is publicly displayed. Furthermore, within your account, you have the option to opt-in or opt-out of automatically generated emails from the forum engine.
3) Core features of this forum engine are based on your email address, so there is a possibility that it might get leaked at some point during some change or during attack on our forum/server, so we strongly recommend to not use your email address that you're using for banking or other important stuff. Don't worry you can always change your email address after the registration and we will not retain your old email address in any form on our server (but keep in mind that there are backups safely stored in an encrypted form on a local founder's machine).
4) We do not store your password in a plain text form, and we never will, your password is ciphered (a one-way hash) so that it is secure. However, we strongly advise to not use the same password as you're using for other sites and services. Your password is the means of accessing your account at “DoTA”, so please guard it carefully and under no circumstance will anyone affiliated with “DoTA” or another 3rd party, legitimately ask you for your password. Should you forget your password for your account, you can use the “I forgot my password” feature provided by the forum engine. This process will ask you to submit your user name and your email, then the forum engine will generate a new password to reclaim your account.
5) As stated in Section 3 - there are backups safely stored in an encrypted form on a local founder's machine, which are accessible only by the founder of this forum. We will never try to sell those backups or publicly disclose them, they are stored as an emergency remedy that can be used to restore this forum after harm made by some hackers or data loss on the server or some other issues. Information from those backups may also be used to restore your stolen account (for example if someone has stolen your account and changed email address with all your info, we will still be able to verify your identity using your previous email address and other information that you've provided in your profile).
6) This forum uses an encrypted connection and CloudFlare. This means that other than you, the administration of this forum, CloudFlare and host of our server, theoretically no other person will be able to view information sent to our forum and from it to you (including login credentials). That said you should understand that CloudFlare and host of our server can see that information, and regardless of how reputable they are you should not forget that. We can't avoid using their services, unless you're willing to donate a couple of hundred thousands $$$, that will be needed to do so.
7) While leaving posts and doing some other forum activity you should understand that this forum will automatically store you IP address, from which you've posted or done some other activity. We will never try to sell your IP address. Logged IP's might be used to spot bots and spammers, which might result in a ban of such IP address at our discretion, but we will try to avoid such actions as we do understand that there are shared and dynamic IP's. We have no intent to issue Country/Region-wide IP ban, unless forced by government/law.
8) We hold the rights to disclose all your information if it will be requested by some law, disobedience with which may end up harming administration of this forum, or result in a takedown of this forum, or result in disclosure of all information about all members of our forum. We will try to avoid such actions as long as it will be possible, and we will notify you as soon as possible, unless we will not be able to or will be forced to not to.