Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

How to patch your JP/KR/EU/NA/RU client

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

How to patch your JP/KR/EU/NA/RU client

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2016.06.25, 23:35

For v0.6x run the Launcher. Locate "Tools" in menu, click it => click BDO Patcher => now select the server of your BDO client and click Patch => relax and do something else meanwhile, it will say "Done" when the process will complete .

If you have corrupted BDO registry entries or you've moved your game folder this program might not work out of the box, you'll need to select a valid path to your BDO client folder in BDO Patcher => Preferences => BDO Patcher settings.
For KR that's - ...\Daum Games\Black Desert
For JP that's - ...\GameOn\BlackDesert_live
For EU/NA that's - ...\Black Desert Online
For RU that's - ...\BlackDesert\live

Currently EU/NA will not work out of the box without setting path, and "patching" it will just add correct prestringtable folders for the use with some other translations, as there is no point in patching English client with my English translation =D

seschodizar
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 2
Medals: 6

Re: How to patch your JP/KR client

Postby seschodizar » Tue 2016.06.28, 05:56

tried patching but it says 'failed to patch KR'...already changed the target folder but still no luck...any ideas ??

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Re: How to patch your JP/KR client

Postby KAMIKADzE » Tue 2016.06.28, 10:11

seschodizar wrote:tried patching but it says 'failed to patch KR'...already changed the target folder but still no luck...any ideas ??

Does getting RAW KR works for you? I'll probably make some test build today to find what's the deal with KR one click solution, and I'll send the link to you in PM.

elmo365
Honor: 0

Re: How to patch your JP/KR/EU/NA/RU client

Postby elmo365 » Sat 2017.02.04, 20:53

I tried specifying the game folder path but i still dont get the patch option in simple patch (Safe option)

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2017.02.04, 21:01

elmo365 wrote:I tried specifying the game folder path but i still dont get the patch option in simple patch (Safe option)

There was one bug in older versions with impersistent client path setting, IDK in which version it appeared but I fixed it in Launcher v0.7a3.
Since Simple safe patching is there, you're clearly using older version, try to set path in setting and click "Patch" without restarting the Launcher. Also it would be great if you could write some other details, like for example what client are you trying to patch? (for example for KR in older versions of Launcher you need to manually changed default KR Paz SF value to 0 in BDO Patcher settings)

P.S. Just in case you're using v0.7a3 and think that "Patch" button will appear in Simple tab - it won't, use v0.6x if you want it (as described in the main post of this thread).
"Patch" and "Remove patch" buttons will reappear in Simple tab in v0.7b, while using my Project. Basically the appearance of simple tab will be designed by project creators, and anyone will be able to create his/her own project. Currently there's no ETA for v0.7b.

elmo365

Postby elmo365 » Sat 2017.02.04, 21:55

KAMIKADzE wrote:
elmo365 wrote:I tried specifying the game folder path but i still dont get the patch option in simple patch (Safe option)

There was one bug in older versions with impersistent client path setting, IDK in which version it appeared but I fixed it in Launcher v0.7a3.
Since Simple safe patching is there, you're clearly using older version, try to set path in setting and click "Patch" without restarting the Launcher. Also it would be great if you could write some other details, like for example what client are you trying to patch? (for example for KR in older versions of Launcher you need to manually changed default KR Paz SF value to 0 in BDO Patcher settings)

P.S. Just in case you're using v0.7a3 and think that "Patch" button will appear in Simple tab - it won't, use v0.6x if you want it (as described in the main post of this thread).
"Patch" and "Remove patch" buttons will reappear in Simple tab in v0.7b, while using my Project. Basically the appearance of simple tab will be designed by project creators, and anyone will be able to create his/her own project. Currently there's no ETA for v0.7b.

i was using v0.7a3 to patch JP Client guess that is why there was no patch option but after your reply i reverted to v0.6h4 and it worked like a charm. Thank you

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2017.02.04, 22:11

elmo365 wrote:i was using v0.7a3 to patch JP Client guess that is why there was no patch option but after your reply i reverted to v0.6h4 and it worked like a charm. Thank you

Don't forget to use latest "KAMI JP" project. Also update Default scheme from time to time, since there's no auto-update of that one.

If you don't mind to wait some time after each update for the updated translation then you can simply wait for my latest "JP" package, which doesn't require the use of Launcher.

Also in v0.7ax you can do everything through the Advanced tab.

elmo365

Postby elmo365 » Sun 2017.02.05, 20:55

KAMIKADzE wrote:Don't forget to use latest "KAMI JP" project. Also update Default scheme from time to time, since there's no auto-update of that one.

If you don't mind to wait some time after each update for the updated translation then you can simply wait for my latest "JP" package, which doesn't require the use of Launcher.

Okay i installed the update and all is working fine. but does the translator not work for quest names because i still get something like this {[][][][][][][]} looks like the quest names could not be translated

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sun 2017.02.05, 22:24

elmo365 wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:Don't forget to use latest "KAMI JP" project. Also update Default scheme from time to time, since there's no auto-update of that one.

Okay i installed the update and all is working fine. but does the translator not work for quest names because i still get something like this {[][][][][][][]} looks like the quest names could not be translated

Not everything is translated yet, I simply don't have enough of free time to keep up with updates. I'm not aware of any patch with 100% coverage. You can try to use official EU/NA translation, but it also won't be perfect.

To see the untranslated characters use custom font. I also ship my custom font in JP package as well. You can translate it with online translators or simply search for it and you'll find some tips related to your quest (most likely on Inven).

Also Google translate is on the list of planned features, but I'll be working on it sometime after v0.7b, it's not like you can just Google-translate everything and it will be fine (it will simply break the translation and the game won't start), so I need to add various "rules" for google translate before I'll add it to BDO Patcher.

You can also try to translate it on your own (or fill the gaps in my translation using online translators and whatnot), and become a translator yourself, creating your own patch (Launcher can help you with that).

elmo365

Postby elmo365 » Sun 2017.02.05, 22:48

KAMIKADzE wrote:Not everything is translated yet, I simply don't have enough of free time to keep up with updates. I'm not aware of any patch with 100% coverage. You can try to use official EU/NA translation, but it also won't be perfect.

To see the untranslated characters use custom font. I also ship my custom font in JP package as well. You can translate it with online translators or simply search for it and you'll find some tips related to your quest (most likely on Inven).

Also Google translate is on the list of planned features, but I'll be working on it sometime after v0.7b, it's not like you can just Google-translate everything and it will be fine (it will simply break the translation and the game won't start), so I need to add various "rules" for google translate before I'll add it to BDO Patcher.

You can also try to translate it on your own (or fill the gaps in my translation using online translators and whatnot), and become a translator yourself, creating your own patch (Launcher can help you with that).

Alright i think i will go with the current translation for now and wait for v0.7b

Return to "BDO Patcher"