Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Black Desert Online SPANISH version. Help and support

Randy
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Black Desert Online SPANISH version. Help and support

Postby Randy » Tue 2016.12.06, 06:50

Hi Kami

Many people who are here in the forum are Spanish speaking.

I have arrived here after a long time looking for information on how to translate the game into SPANISH.

My intention is to be able to help Translate the game Black Desert Online to Spanish and that people can enjoy this fabulous game in this idiom.

I am writing to thank you for your great effort and the work you do for the whole Black Desert Online Comindad.

I wanted to ask you a favor and I speak for myself and in the name of all those people like me, their language is Spanish.

Me and we would like you to give your support BDO to the Spanih language.

I would appreciate it if you did a Video Tutorial on youtube or leave some video so that the people of the forum learn to use Launcher v0.6h4

(In my case I speak Spanish and use the European version of Black Desert Online,)

But watching a video even if you do not know English.
We would be easier to learn EVERYONE watching how the program is used learn to translate the game into Spanish)

I hope you help us, thank you very much.

Randy.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Black Desert Online SPANISH version. Help and support

Postby KAMIKADzE » Tue 2016.12.06, 11:30

Randy wrote:Hi Kami

Many people who are here in the forum are Spanish speaking.

I have arrived here after a long time looking for information on how to translate the game into SPANISH.

My intention is to be able to help Translate the game Black Desert Online to Spanish and that people can enjoy this fabulous game in this idiom.

I am writing to thank you for your great effort and the work you do for the whole Black Desert Online Comindad.

I wanted to ask you a favor and I speak for myself and in the name of all those people like me, their language is Spanish.

Me and we would like you to give your support BDO to the Spanih language.

I would appreciate it if you did a Video Tutorial on youtube or leave some video so that the people of the forum learn to use Launcher v0.6h4

(In my case I speak Spanish and use the European version of Black Desert Online,)

But watching a video even if you do not know English.
We would be easier to learn EVERYONE watching how the program is used learn to translate the game into Spanish)

I hope you help us, thank you very much.

Randy.

Not really news related, but whatever. Next time try to post in a proper section and don't double post.

Now back to your questions.

Firstly - check out THAT thread, and threads in THIS forum, to get some basic idea on what functionality there is now. The next version is in the development, and hopefully (If I'll have enough of free time) I'll finish with it in the nearest future (you can check out progress and some info about it HERE).

How to translate the game into Spanish? - Just start doing it, I know many languages, but Spanish ain't one of those, that said, even if it would be, I'd still have no time for it, as I can't find the time to complete and have full coverage of even 1 language.
Simply edit the RAW files of your BDO version, be it in a form of ".xlsm" (Excel macro file format) or ".xml" (XML file format). Currently there is no way to manually edit them from the Launcher, and it is not on the higher priority list, since you can do that easily with lots of other programs (use google or any other search engine to find them out, there are lots of those that are completely free). To my knowledge - most translators prefer to use Microsoft Excel and edit ".xlsm" (e.g. for JP - languagedata.xlsm, stringtable_cutscene_jp.xlsm, stringtable_jp.xlsm, symbolnostringtable_jp.xlsm).
If you'll have any troubles on your translator road - feel free to ask me your questions over on the BDO Patcher forum section.

If you want other people to easily find your Spanish translation - feel free to post your own thread on the Language patches forum section.

As for the video tutorial - that would take ages...no seriously, and I'd need to redo it almost at each program update, in order for it to be 100% relevant =D , I'd rather spend time bringing more functions and features to it, since it clearly lacks a lot of those as of now. For example with the next update some UI elements will move to a different place, projects will be changed to a new "form", introduction of "fonts switcher" (or whatever to call it) and many other changes, which would require additional video to explain. It might not look like it takes a lot of time to create a video, to those that don't, but believe me it does, and that is a lot more time than simply typing some explanation post on the forum, which I can edit later on whenever I want. If you can watch the video - most likely you can also read posts on the forum, unless you're a native English speaker that can't read or something.

I can also add Spanish translation to the program itself, and a Spanish "User Guide", but since I clearly have no time for that - if there will be some volunteer (preferably the one that knows both English and Spanish, at least to some degree), that would like to translate loads of text, completely for free - we will be able to sort that out.

Return to "BDO Patcher"