Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Russian patch

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Russian patch

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2017.06.23, 07:32

Yes it will take a while to execute data v2 merge. Speed improvements are on the planned list, but so far I can't tell you when I'll be working on that, not sooner than v0.7d. You see there are more urgent problems (related to TW and KR clients) as well as the need to fix and polish errors to make Launcher more stable (progress on that can be found and followed THERE). I've planned to improve merging speed for quite a while now, but due to my limited time and constant changes and screwing with the patching way from the side of PA I can't get to that =D

Expected speed improvement is extremely high (depends on various PC parts of yours, probably it will be thousands of %, unless you're on potato or something), it's not the first time I'll be doing that, so I know what I'm talking about.
LithStud wrote:yes it does, it might be faster or slower for you tho, it depends on PC

Merging speed is indeed dependent on your PC, more exactly - your CPU speed.
LithStud wrote:go drink coffee, take a nap or something. my pc took ~1h to complete the merging

You can do /whatever you want meantime, especially if your CPU has more than 1 core - it shouldn't influence on your PC experience that much.

P.S. Also the slow merging will remain as an option, so if someone finds it great to be able to keep doing /whatever meantime then don't worry it will be possible (e.g. fast merging will take all of your PC "horses").

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid
Honor: 20
BDO: Tamer
: BDO RU Translator
Medals: 1

Postby LithStud » Fri 2017.06.23, 07:45

KAMIKADzE wrote:
LithStud wrote:go drink coffee, take a nap or something. my pc took ~1h to complete the merging

You can do /whatever you want meantime, especially if your CPU has more than 1 core - it shouldn't influence on your PC experience that much.

P.S. Also the slow merging will remain as an option, so if someone finds it great to be able to keep doing /whatever meantime then don't worry it will be possible (e.g. fast merging will take all of your PC "horses").

Ah i meant it as a saying that it just take long time not that it hogs your pc =D myself played BDO in the time it took to merge 8-)
now sitting at work i am sifting throu things needing translation (it really helps that merging says whats new) and maybe at some point go through existing translation to fix the ones thats has different stats in RU from EU/NA as example.

Some people in a guild i am had troubles patching up, as in some cases they would get that meta was allready modified, but trying to restore it get error "there is no backup". In those cases updating patcher solved the problem.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2017.06.23, 07:58

LithStud wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:

Ah i meant it as a saying that it just take long time not that it hogs your pc =D myself played BDO in the time it took to merge 8-)
now sitting at work i am sifting throu things needing translation (it really helps that merging says whats new) and maybe at some point go through existing translation to fix the ones thats has different stats in RU from EU/NA as example.

Some people in a guild i am had troubles patching up, as in some cases they would get that meta was allready modified, but trying to restore it get error "there is no backup". In those cases updating patcher solved the problem.

Yeah there're quite a few of those (I had my own patch for JP server in the old data format, which covered all of that and proper translation of stuff unlike EU/NA, now i need to convert it to data v2 in one or the other day...time time and again time) + not everything in EU/NA is translated properly.

Yes all of them need to move to the Launcher v0.7b8+.

Hotmail1987
Wisp
Wisp
Honor: 0
BDO: Valkyrie

Postby Hotmail1987 » Fri 2017.06.23, 13:58

I was able to merge the files.

But when I tried to force the modification when I did it last time it worked and Gamenet started to check files.

Even if I restore the backup it does the verification.

LithStud, I'm going to use this translation you posted and I'll try to use another translation in the merge. Thanks.

Kami, is this new Launcher version the same as you sent me by pm?
KAMIKADzE wrote:
LithStud wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:

Yeah there're quite a few of those (I had my own patch for JP server in the old data format, which covered all of that and proper translation of stuff unlike EU/NA, now i need to convert it to data v2 in one or the other day...time time and again time) + not everything in EU/NA is translated properly.

Yes all of them need to move to the Launcher v0.7b8+.

Kami, I'm sorry for the posts, I'm reading the tutorials and trying as hard as I can to understand the Launcher.

Many apologies.

What configuration are you using in Patcher to use the translation?

The last patch that Buz made available I was able to run only using "Modify meta forcing".

I myself have used your translation or mine, I have tried all the Patcher options and I can not make any translation work. Thanks

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2017.06.23, 16:25

Hotmail1987 wrote:I was able to merge the files.

But when I tried to force the modification when I did it last time it worked and Gamenet started to check files.

LithStud, I'm going to use this translation you posted and I'll try to use another translation in the merge. Thanks.

Try to configure auto-patcher, read about it HERE and also a couple of my last posts THERE.
Hotmail1987 wrote:Kami, is this new Launcher version the same as you sent me by pm?

Yes I've sent to you the changed file of v0.7b8, just so that it was quicker for you and you didn't needed to download whole installation package.
Hotmail1987 wrote:Kami, I'm sorry for the posts, I'm reading the tutorials and trying as hard as I can to understand the Launcher.

Many apologies.

No need for apologies just stop double-posting, simple as that. Since you haven't understood a couple of warnings, hopefully your first *BANANA* will be enough, if not then the next one will be longer.
Hotmail1987 wrote:What configuration are you using in Patcher to use the translation?

The last patch that Buz made available I was able to run only using "Modify meta forcing".

I myself have used your translation or mine, I have tried all the Patcher options and I can not make any translation work. Thanks

Yes, there's no way to safe-patch RU client, only force patching. Due to the use of torrent by GameNet as a way to serve client and check it, force-patching RU client was never easy.
As for the auto-patcher's options - well there's no unified configuration since the patching should be done after GameNet stops to check files and before the game actually loads the patched files, which is a very short period of time, and for PC with more horses and SSD it will be harder than for the average PC with HDD, so if one configuration works for someone doesn't mean that it will work for you.
At the time of auto-patch development for RU client, that was the best thing I could come up with the help of the volunteers at that moment. As of today there's not even a single volunteer working in this side, and obviously I can't improve it without feedback and tests, nor find the better way (if it exists).

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Fri 2017.06.23, 17:48

Hotmail1987 wrote:I was able to merge the files.

The way it seems to work for majority of people in my guild is this kind of sequence:
Run Gamenet -> Force Check Files -> Launch Game (should start russian) -> Close game -> Keep Gamenet running -> Start Patcher (as admin) -> At this time only second led should be black (as there is no backup done yet) -> Go and do Force to look in root -> Once done -> Launch game

KAMIKADzE wrote:As for the auto-patcher's options - well there's no unified configuration since the patching should be done after GameNet stops to check files and before the game actually loads the patched files, which is a very short period of time, and for PC with more horses and SSD it will be harder than for the average PC with HDD, so if one configuration works for someone doesn't mean that it will work for you.
At the time of auto-patch development for RU client, that was the best thing I could come up with the help of the volunteers at that moment. As of today there's not even a single volunteer working in this side, and obviously I can't improve it without feedback and tests, nor find the better way (if it exists).

If you need some kind of testing done let me know ;)

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2017.06.23, 18:53

LithStud wrote:If you need some kind of testing done let me know ;)

For one you're already testing things, and now posting about your experience, so that's already great.
As for the "finding a better way" it's more about your own initiative, cause as of now I'm busy with lots of other things, which I've already mentioned in this thread, so I don't really have a time to dig through RU client with your help. If you want to take it on your own then what you can start with - go through GameNet files and check by their modification time which of them were changed after GameNet checks files, try to open them with notepad, and write all of that down (e.g. File X, can/cannot be read by opening with notepad, if it can be read - it contains XX), then send me your findings in PM (currently Launcher uses few of the GameNet files as an anchor points, but I'm not going to list them here, just because things could've changed, so a fresh look on them will be better).

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Fri 2017.06.23, 19:01

KAMIKADzE wrote:
LithStud wrote:If you need some kind of testing done let me know ;)

For one you're already testing things, and now posting about your experience, so that's already great.
As for the "finding a better way" it's more about your own initiative, cause as of now I'm busy with lots of other things, which I've already mentioned in this thread, so I don't really have a time to dig through RU client with your help. If you want to take it on your own then what you can start with - go through GameNet files and check by their modification time which of them were changed after GameNet checks files, try to open them with notepad, and write all of that down (e.g. File X, can/cannot be read by opening with notepad, if it can be read - it contains XX), then send me your findings in PM (currently Launcher uses few of the GameNet files as an anchor points, but I'm not going to list them here, just because things could've changed, so a fresh look on them will be better).

hmm ok i will have a look when got time :) personaly current patching not a problem to me but if there is a better way why not =D

Hotmail1987
Wisp
Wisp
Honor: 0
BDO: Valkyrie

Postby Hotmail1987 » Fri 2017.06.23, 22:41

I want to apologize to Kami once more.

He banned me for 6 hours but I do not blame him the mistake was all mine for not respecting the rules of the forum. :'(

I promise to behave and not do more double posting. *THUMBSUP*

The way it seems to work for majority of people in my guild is this kind of sequence:
Run Gamenet -> Force Check Files -> Launch Game (should start russian) -> Close game -> Keep Gamenet running -> Start Patcher (as admin) -> At this time only second led should be black (as there is no backup done yet) -> Go and do Force to look in root -> Once done -> Launch game

LithStud,
I followed what you said and worked so well using your translation as my translation.

This means that Gamenet only vests the game files once if it does not close the program.

Without forgetting my thank you.

This my experience of how it worked and also worked for the personnel of the guild of the LithStud, I believe that is already a good beginning of how it works to Gamenet.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Sat 2017.06.24, 21:35

Got my hands on EU clients RAW file :) so here is updated languagedata v2 for RU :)
i still see a lot of stuff untranslated (like skills, and some other) probably its been skipped at some point.

The integration of EU raw into RU was done by hand (there was some differences between regions tho) so it took me a while, gonna need to think of a good way to automate at least some of the proccess. But thats for another day :D

LithStud wrote:English Patch is out please check this link -> [RU] English patch with love from LithStud
Last edited by LithStud on Fri 2017.06.30, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.

Return to "BDO Patcher"