Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Need some little help for extracting string data from KR server

slek10
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Need some little help for extracting string data from KR server

Postby slek10 » Sat 2019.12.28, 02:49

Hello, I am not sure this is the right place to ask.

But, I am actually trying to patch NA/EU Black desert online to Korean.

Yes yes I know that they use loc file so all I have to do is decrypt loc files and translate into Korean and save it as utf-16 then encrypt into loc again.

Only the problem is I do not want to translate all strings into Korean by myself, so I was trying to use Korean server loc file.

However, it seems like they use different type of string files instead of loc files.

I've been wondering around all posts but I couldn't find what I need.

Would you mind tell me what kind of things are needed in order to extract some string tables from KR client?

Thanks

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Need some little help for extracting string data from KR server

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2019.12.28, 06:28

slek10 wrote:Hello, I am not sure this is the right place to ask.

But, I am actually trying to patch NA/EU Black desert online to Korean.

Yes yes I know that they use loc file so all I have to do is decrypt loc files and translate into Korean and save it as utf-16 then encrypt into loc again.

Only the problem is I do not want to translate all strings into Korean by myself, so I was trying to use Korean server loc file.

However, it seems like they use different type of string files instead of loc files.

I've been wondering around all posts but I couldn't find what I need.

Would you mind tell me what kind of things are needed in order to extract some string tables from KR client?

Thanks

Korean text is stored in BSS files (.bss/.dbss). Unfortunately devs don't have a single standard layout scheme for these files, I've added few layouts to BDO Patcher quite some time ago, that can be used to convert them into readable formats, but I haven't bothered to map all "schemes" of available BSS files (basically needs to be done for each file, and there are quite a few), not to mention that there are few more layouts to be added, basically there's still a lot of work required to cover all of the BSS files, but due to lack of time I don't think that I'll be able to cover all of them any time soon. Most people that required this type of functionality (quite a few of them) made their own tools for this purpose (with my help and a look at my working proof of concept in code) long time ago, of course afterwards none of them sent me any layouts/schemes to help me back. Also I haven't implemented converter for All BSS files <-> LOC, so it's yet another complication. If you want to dig into this then you can start with taking a look on BSS converter "PABR stringtable" for the stringtable text, use RAW BinLoc extraction to extract stringtable.bss. Also you don't need Korean client for this, all clients keep KR translation, which brings me to the last point - if your only goal is to replace EU/NA translation with Original Korean then you can simply make empty LOC file and replace the LOC file of language that you want to be then viewed as Korean (e.g.: empty LOC file instead of languagedata_en.loc will result in original Korean being shown instead of English), then if you need to correct /whatever text - view how it is shown in English, find it in the languagedata_en.loc, rewrite it with your Korean text and leave only that row in the loc file, use that loc file with 1 translated row instead of the empty one.

slek10
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Postby slek10 » Sat 2019.12.28, 07:34

KAMIKADzE wrote:
slek10 wrote:-snip-

Thanks

-snip-

WOW, I can't believe that they actually keep KR texts on other regions client.

I cannot thank you enough for your detailed comment and precise information.

I've been struggling last three days by trying hard to extract all string information from KR client PAZ files, but your advice solved my problem less than 10 seconds like a charm.

Do you have any kind of paypal or something that I can donate to you?

If you do so, please pm me. I would like to share my feeling with you.

Thanks man *THUMBUP*

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2019.12.28, 08:06

slek10 wrote:WOW, I can't believe that they actually keep KR texts on other regions client.

I cannot thank you enough for your detailed comment and precise information.

I've been struggling last three days by trying hard to extract all string information from KR client PAZ files, but your advice solved my problem less than 10 seconds like a charm.

Do you have any kind of paypal or something that I can donate to you?

If you do so, please pm me. I would like to share my feeling with you.

Thanks man *THUMBUP*

np, feel free to come back if you'll have any troubles or further questions.

As for the donation, thanks for considering it, there is a Donation page (can be accessed through button in the forum's header), but there's no PayPal option at the moment (I could get it open for donation, but that would require opening a bank acc in another country and using half-fake info, not worth it at the moment), but you can for example buy JP WebMoney Code with your PayPal, although even the cheapest option I would consider to be way over the board.

P.S. I was asked to help with creation of empty loc file by another person, more than a half year later, so just in case yet another person will be looking for this solution down the line, here's the file: Empty languagedata. Don't forget to rename it to suit your client (e.g.: "languagedata_jp.loc" for JP).

Return to "BDO Patcher"