Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Where is the option to use the official EU/NA translation?

Dilo
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Where is the option to use the official EU/NA translation?

Postby Dilo » Wed 2023.05.31, 12:10

I've looked through the forums and I could only find that the launcher has that option, but I've been having bad luck finding it in the launcher and how to do it in the forums.

I've been trying to use it because there was a patch to the game and now I get corrupted paz for using the launcher. (Using only the loc, like I read in the forums works though)
I wanted to try using the official EU/NA translation to see if it fixes it.

There were a few things that I thought that could be the translations but also don't know if those are the servers only:
- The obvious Server in the BDO Launcher (the amount of servers left me confused).
- The options under the Projects tab with KAMI EUNA (pressing it gives me an Exceptional Error), and the KAMI with a country names, but trying the EUNA option gives me the same error of corrupted paz.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Where is the option to use the official EU/NA translation?

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2023.05.31, 12:58

I'll try to break down your question on multiple and answer them separately:
Dilo » Wed 2023.05.31, 12:10 wrote:I've looked through the forums and I could only find that the launcher has that option, but I've been having bad luck finding it in the launcher and how to do it in the forums.

Official EU/NA translation can be obtained by going to Launcher -> BDO Patcher -> Update tab. Select "EU/NA(PA)" as a Server. Press "Get Loc Files". When it's done you'll be able to find EU/NA loc files in "...\Launcher\BDO\RAW\EU_NA2\Loc" Folder. Rename "languagedata_en.loc" to the correct naming of loc file that you'd like to replace (e.g.: for JP "languagedata_jp.loc").
Do keep in mind that EU/NA updates later than most servers (you can continue to use an outdated version), Launcher downloads the latest available.
Dilo » Wed 2023.05.31, 12:10 wrote:I've been trying to use it because there was a patch to the game and now I get corrupted paz for using the launcher. (Using only the loc, like I read in the forums works though)
I wanted to try using the official EU/NA translation to see if it fixes it.

Yes, you can use only outdated loc files, as mentioned in FAQ#3, never try to use an outdated Meta/Paz. No, official EU/NA loc file won't fix the issue with outdated Meta/Paz.
Unfortunately I cannot insta-translate new updates, not to mention that this is not my work and I can be busy at the time, so you'll have to Auto-Patch only loc file, while I haven't updated the patch (you can subscribe to the thread to receive email notification when I'll post about the update), or you can learn how to patch the Meta/Paz yourself.
Dilo » Wed 2023.05.31, 12:10 wrote:- The obvious Server in the BDO Launcher (the amount of servers left me confused).

Yeah, there are many servers out there. Current JP server is "JP(PA)", EU/NA server is "EU/NA(PA)". You select the server you want to work with at the moment.
Dilo » Wed 2023.05.31, 12:10 wrote:- The options under the Projects tab with KAMI EUNA (pressing it gives me an Exceptional Error), and the KAMI with a country names, but trying the EUNA option gives me the same error of corrupted paz.

Projects are outdated at the moment. I need to remake them, not sure when I'll have the time to. They will simplify things and make it easier to update the patch yourself with just a few buttons, but who knows when I'll have the time to.

Dilo
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Postby Dilo » Thu 2023.06.01, 09:50

Thank you for the quick and detailed reply.

I didn't mean to sound like I was asking for the translations as quick as possible. I thought that using the official EU/NA translations, I would also be able to use the Meta and Paz, as I thought it was all from the same package so I wouldn't need to wait, or if people stopped translating, I would be able to get the official translation.

Thanks to everyone involved in this work.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2023.06.01, 11:46

Dilo » Thu 2023.06.01, 09:50 wrote:Thank you for the quick and detailed reply.

I didn't mean to sound like I was asking for the translations as quick as possible. I thought that using the official EU/NA translations, I would also be able to use the Meta and Paz, as I thought it was all from the same package so I wouldn't need to wait, or if people stopped translating, I would be able to get the official translation.

Thanks to everyone involved in this work.

It's totally fine that you want to play with fully patched game asap, but there's no one who updates the patch that fast at the moment. You totally can update any existing patch, or create one on your own using Launcher, you'll just need a bit of time to learn which buttons to click where, that would be actually great, for the community. If you have the time, willingness to learn and patience to do it with every update then feel free to ask me any questions along the way, just don't expect me to babysit you through each and every step =D
Meta/Paz contain images, crafting notes, etc., most of the translation is in loc file, and you can pull almost everything from official EU/NA (you'll need the up-to-date EU/NA client, or someone with it, for that), it's actually the easiest way to create EN patch for any other server, as that requires the least amount of time, but not everything is the same on all servers (e.g.: Cash shop, Events, etc.), so for 100% coverage you'd need to translate things on your own as well and to actually check if EU/NA translation is relevant for the server of the patch.
Language patches section is also free for you to post your patch or advocate a 3rd party site where you'll post it.

Return to "BDO Patcher"