Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

[JP] KAMI

Patches for Black Desert localization.
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: [JP] KAMI+Official EU/NA (Mix)

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2020.11.11, 22:48

Updated to v2.2d2.
Don't forget to read the new Installation guide(s) and choose for yourself what you'll prefer to be doing for some time.

jyoon
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 1

Postby jyoon » Thu 2020.11.12, 10:40

KAMIKADzE » Thu 2020.11.12, 00:23 wrote:
jyoon » Wed 2020.11.11, 14:29 wrote:Hi, would like to check if there's any issue with replacing the files?
Somehow it seems like after maintenance today, the game launcher immediately replaces the file and I have to manually replace before hitting game start, do you have any idea for the cause?
It's happening not just for me but my other friends.

Haven't had a whole lot of time to play, other than killing Gamose, so IDK yet (might be the time to go back to Auto-Patching), will look into it later today, thanks for reporting.

So I've checked what's causing the issue: patcher is now checking not only the version of languagedata_jp.loc but also its size (2 checks if it should be downloaded).
There are few options how to overcome this:
  1. Translated languagedata_jp.loc should be of the same size as original languagedata_jp.loc.
    Translators for other languages, that result in loc file of lower size, can simply append some extra data to equalize the size.
    Translators for languages, that result in greater loc file size, can remove some "unnecesarry" translation lines to reduce the size, which will result in partially Korean translation.
    Not an option for me, so I'm not going to make this for my patch, but if someone wants to bother with removing "unnecesarry" lines from my patch for the sake of patching simplicity - feel free to start another thread called [JP] KAMI+Official EU/NA (reduced)" or something like that =D
  2. Original languagedata_jp.loc at the time of check.
    There are multiple ways of making this happen. For example you can manually patch the game after logging-in (including 2FA + extra second or few after it, depending on your latency and PC, as that is the point when patcher is comparing sizes of languagedata_jp.loc on your PC and server, after that CPU usage spike end it's safe to patch) and then unpatch it after logging-out/crashing.

For now I'll select this option as an official patching method for my patch, and no no, of course I'm not going to make you manually throw files back and forth, unless you don't want to use Launcher's Auto-Patching. I'll make sure to include this in the updated Installation guide of the next patch update.
    If you want to start using Auto-Patcher right about now then go read instructions in the main post, called "JP Overloaded v1.7h - v1.32b3 Installation guide", just make sure that you check only "Loc" in step 5.
    Also Auto-Patcher is patching right before the game startup, not after logging-in, which is just a later point in patchable timeframe, so don't worry if you'll go checking file size of languagedata_jp.loc after logging-in for /whatever reason.

I'll probably add few more options to BDO Patcher, sometime later:
    • An option to move BDO Patcher to tray, without 3rd party software.
      Wanted to add quite a few times, but never got around to it.
    • "Continuous patching" option for Auto-Patcher.
      So that you can set it, move BDO Patcher to tray, and forget it, until the next patch.
      Of course it will consume a bit of your RAM, so if you're at its limit it might not be as simple as set it and forget it, and also if you shut down your PC more often than once per week on maintenance, and...*BUNNY*
  3. Custom patcher.
    This would allow to skip this check at all.
    Was workin a little bit on one in the time of Pmang, but since PA's launcher/patcher is completely different beast I've abandoned it. Don't get me wrong it's possible, you can even "patch" the patcher, sort of, albeit that would be even more difficult than making a new one. PA's launcher/patcher is basically a "browser" with few extras for patching and message handling. It's not difficult to make one, it's just quite time-consuming and they do update their patcher, so you'd need to as well (not as often, but still).
    Maybe I'll get to it some day, maybe not.
  4. Make the patcher to ask the size of languagedata_jp.loc not from off server.
    There are quite a few options how to achieve this, and I was working (still am, sort of, not really, but not abandoned) on one for proper patching of other game files. If I'll find the time to finish this eventually then I might switch to this option later on.
  5. More haxorish stuff, like hooking the process, memory editing and other shenanigans.
    They are a valid options, as there is no "protection" running, before you press the starting button of patcher, but I don't see a need to go for this option for anyone interested.

Oh, I got it.
I'll wait for an update from you, currently my work-around is just to manually replace the files after it replaces it before hitting game start.
A little bit of a hassle, but I can just do a short script to automatically replace after logging in (although your method is definitely better which is why I'll wait till then).

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2020.11.12, 11:32

jyoon » Thu 2020.11.12, 10:40 wrote:Oh, I got it.
I'll wait for an update from you, currently my work-around is just to manually replace the files after it replaces it before hitting game start.
A little bit of a hassle, but I can just do a short script to automatically replace after logging in (although your method is definitely better which is why I'll wait till then).

Either seems like you did not, or I don't get it. What exactly are you waiting for and when? *THINK*
Auto-Patcher was available even before I replied, updated guides were available for half a day before you posted.

Are you waiting for "Continuous auto-patching"? If that's the case then it's not that different, you just won't need to press Auto-Patch button each time.
Are you waiting for Custom patcher or me making BDO JP patcher to ask Launcher for file size instead of server? Either of those won't come any time soon.

jyoon
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 1

Postby jyoon » Thu 2020.11.12, 14:53

KAMIKADzE » Thu 2020.11.12, 20:32 wrote:
jyoon » Thu 2020.11.12, 10:40 wrote:Oh, I got it.

Either seems like you did not, or I don't get it. What exactly are you waiting for and when? *THINK*
Auto-Patcher was available even before I replied, updated guides were available for half a day before you posted.

Are you waiting for "Continuous auto-patching"? If that's the case then it's not that different, you just won't need to press Auto-Patch button each time.
Are you waiting for Custom patcher or me making BDO JP patcher to ask Launcher for file size instead of server? Either of those won't come any time soon.

I've seen the updated guide you've posted and saw your replied post before this as well.
Yup, the custom thing you're talking about, I'm not in a hurry since the script I've done is plenty, works pretty much the same as yours (didn't really download to take a look but from how you've said it, it should be) so I'll wait for the magic.
Keep up with the good work, appreciate it. *THUMBSUP2*

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2020.11.13, 22:30

Updated to v2.2d3.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2020.11.18, 13:50

Updated to v2.2e.

Updated to v2.2e2.

Updated to v2.2e3.

Updated to v2.2e4.

Updated to v2.2e5.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2020.11.25, 06:32

Updated to v2.2f.

Updated to v2.2f2.

Margo
Acolyte
Acolyte
Honor: 5
BDO: Tamer
: Tester
Medals: 1

Postby Margo » Wed 2020.11.25, 18:46

Where can I find the new Shakatu's questline that you've mentioned?

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2020.11.25, 18:53

Margo » Wed 2020.11.25, 18:46 wrote:Where can I find the new Shakatu's questline that you've mentioned?

If you mean the Shakatu's Present questline - it'll be acceptable from Black Spirit (Lv.60+), most likely after 02.12 Maintenance. It's related to the expansion of the newly introduced (in KR) Family Inventory, involves a bit of running between Shakatu's Town and Villa + combining Shakatu's Paintings, that you'll find in the Villa, nothing difficult.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2020.12.02, 07:55

Updated to v2.2g.

Updated to v2.2g2.

Return to "Language patches"