Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

[RU] English patch with love from LithStud

Patches for Black Desert localization.
LithStud
Creator
Creator
Sorcer
Sorcer
Honor: 20
BDO: Tamer
: BDO RU Translator
Medals: 1

Re: [RU] English patch with love from LithStuds

Postby LithStud » Fri 2017.09.15, 18:20

Lyntiy wrote:Okay, i dunno if im being stupid or not, but im trying to install the english lang patch, i did exactly what the tutorial for it says, but the game is still in russian and never even done a file check, do i need to do anything with that strange launcher thing or something? Would be nice if someone could give me a hand, my discord tag is Lyn#9195.

Did you extract the loc file? Because for me it sounds like you didnt do what step by step tutorial said you need to do :P

When copying over the file you should be asked if you want to replace the file - if your not getting it, obviously your not copying in the right place / right file / forgot to unzip / something else creative.

Lyntiy
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Postby Lyntiy » Sat 2017.09.16, 01:13

LithStud wrote:
Lyntiy wrote:Okay, i dunno if im being stupid or not, but im trying to install the english lang patch, i did exactly what the tutorial for it says, but the game is still in russian and never even done a file check, do i need to do anything with that strange launcher thing or something? Would be nice if someone could give me a hand, my discord tag is Lyn#9195.

Did you extract the loc file? Because for me it sounds like you didnt do what step by step tutorial said you need to do :P

When copying over the file you should be asked if you want to replace the file - if your not getting it, obviously your not copying in the right place / right file / forgot to unzip / something else creative.

I went to my live folder, i then created a folder named ads, extracted the loc file into there (i was never asked to replace anything as the folder never existed to start with), and relaunched game net and ran bdo, but it was still all in russian, i guess things have changed since the prestringtable method back in the day lol!

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Sorcer
Sorcer

Postby LithStud » Sat 2017.09.16, 07:48

Lyntiy wrote:
LithStud wrote:

I went to my live folder, i then created a folder named ads, extracted the loc file into there (i was never asked to replace anything as the folder never existed to start with), and relaunched game net and ran bdo, but it was still all in russian, i guess things have changed since the prestringtable method back in the day lol!

Did you let the game update to the latest version first? as that ads folder is created by game you dont need to make one.

Lyntiy
NOOB
NOOB

Postby Lyntiy » Sat 2017.09.16, 12:21

LithStud wrote:
Lyntiy wrote:
LithStud wrote:

Did you let the game update to the latest version first? as that ads folder is created by game you dont need to make one.

Yup its updated to the latest version, ive been playing for a few days

Rynkas
NOOB
NOOB

Re: [RU] English patch with love from LithStud

Postby Rynkas » Sun 2017.09.17, 15:28

For today whenever I copy the file in /ads Gamenet starts repaching the game upon starting it then it becomes Russian again, I was able to play in English yesterday but this keeps happening today, was there a new patch for the game in Ru servers ?

Sorlis
NOOB
NOOB

Postby Sorlis » Tue 2017.09.19, 14:18

Rynkas wrote:For today whenever I copy the file in /ads Gamenet starts repaching the game upon starting it then it becomes Russian again......

Hi. I'm new here, and I have the exact same problem. Every time I replace "languagedata_ru.loc" with the one provided in the topic above, the russian patcher/client, through which I downloaded the game, picks it up right away and patches the russian "languagedata_ru.loc" over it.
From what I gathered from reading a few responses KAMIKADzE and LithStud kindly provided I might have an old version of patcher/client as I have at no point changed or updated it and I see some talk about it.
I attempted to figure out on what patch my client is, but it's not stated anywhere, or at least it's not in any form that resembles "v0.7a4" (which is the final one if I'm not mistaken).
My current client is the one that can be found on this link: https://blackdesert.ru/
I also visited the thread viewtopic.php?t=998 for launcher info but I still have problems understanding what I'm supposed to do. I'm sorry for being slow and thank you for your patience with all of us who don't get it *WALL2*
pls send halp

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Postby KAMIKADzE » Tue 2017.09.19, 14:30

Sorlis wrote:
Rynkas wrote:For today whenever I copy the file in /ads Gamenet starts repaching the game upon starting it then it becomes Russian again......

Hi. I'm new here, and I have the exact same problem. Every time I replace "languagedata_ru.loc" with the one provided in the topic above, the russian patcher/client, through which I downloaded the game, picks it up right away and patches the russian "languagedata_ru.loc" over it.
From what I gathered from reading a few responses KAMIKADzE and LithStud kindly provided I might have an old version of patcher/client as I have at no point changed or updated it and I see some talk about it.
I attempted to figure out on what patch my client is, but it's not stated anywhere, or at least it's not in any form that resembles "v0.7a4" (which is the final one if I'm not mistaken).
My current client is the one that can be found on this link: https://blackdesert.ru/
I also visited the thread viewtopic.php?t=998 for launcher info but I still have problems understanding what I'm supposed to do. I'm sorry for being slow and thank you for your patience with all of us who don't get it *WALL2*
pls send halp

As far as I know LithStud creates his "languagedata_ru.loc" patch of the same size as the original one, and RU updater leaves that alone. So the first thing to do would be to check if original "languagedata_ru.loc" and "languagedata_ru.loc" provided by LithStud are of the same size (bytes), if not then updater won't skip it, so just tell LithStud that he need to redo it.

If you want to play with auto-patcher, which works for some and for others not, then read THAT info regarding RU auto-patching, and use Launcher v0.7b20 or higher, v0.7a4 is outdated for the RU client.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Sorcer
Sorcer

Postby LithStud » Tue 2017.09.19, 14:38

What Kami said :)

As far as loc file goes it is the most current one and it is of correct size (works for me and whole guild without any file checks).

Now if you also using Texture Patch you will get file rechecks every time you restart game net - it is because in last update there was some changes in chat icons and also couple more files that got picked up by rules i set - in short game expects to find couple more files in some directories that are simply not there.

I just finished updating the textures and will upload it tomorrow after game maintenance. (Sorry Kami JP textures used font that was just no good for RU =D )

Sorlis
NOOB
NOOB

Postby Sorlis » Tue 2017.09.19, 19:07

Yeah, guys sorry for spreading misinformation I just tried it out again, and it worked without problem.
Earlier today I made some mess in game files, your patch is working just fine LithStud. Thanks.
I'd delete my comment but KAMIKADzE responded and quoted so I'd feel bad. probably best to remove them. :[

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Sorcer
Sorcer

Postby LithStud » Wed 2017.09.20, 12:13

2017-09-20

Nothing changed in localization file so old Language patch still works.

There will be update to Language patch and Textures Patch later today or tomorrow that are my ongoing revisiting old translations, fixing typos or improving original translations :)

Spoke to soon: Just got a 14Mb update to localization file only... lets see whats changed.

Return to "Language patches"