Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

[RU] English patch with love from LithStud

Patches for Black Desert localization.
LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid
Honor: 20
BDO: Tamer
: BDO RU Translator
Medals: 1

Re: [RU] English patch with love from LithStud

Postby LithStud » Wed 2017.11.29, 12:41

enomikas wrote:Its just for me close the game also associates with a launcher, though I might be the only dumb one. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem it was a good point. Apparently i havent added that in the how to (i guess i had it as a draft but forgot to put it here).

Now its updated and hopefully will resolve some of peoples problems. And yes its some kind of VooDoo stuff doing such file replacement, but hey it works ;)

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Wed 2017.11.29, 18:13

Temp Eng Patch - 2017-11-29
https://goo.gl/tckv37

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Wed 2017.12.06, 12:28

Temp Eng Patch - 2017-12-06
https://goo.gl/fSZr7s

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Fri 2017.12.08, 12:09

Language Patch 2017-12-08 - Fully caught up on translation (there is still some skills using korean text, cant do much about those at the moment)
https://goo.gl/wmpcEg
- 2017-12-08
  • Translation Update for 2017-12-07 client update
  • Translation Update for 2017-12-06 client update
  • Translation Update for 2017-11-29 client update
  • Translation Update for 2017-11-23 client update
  • Translation Update for 2017-11-22 client update
  • Translation Update for 2017-11-19 client update
  • Translation Update for 2017-11-15 client update
  • Translation Update for 2017-11-09 client update
  • Translation Update for 2017-11-08 client update
  • Translation Update for 2017-10-26 client update
  • Cash Shop changes adjusted to EU descriptions
  • Lots of manual translations where items doesnt exist in EU version
  • Total changed/translated lines: 50768

Textures Patch 2018-12-08
https://goo.gl/2wXG8q

This is a small update to textures. Please uncheck "Crafting Notes" when forcing this update, as those needs major update.
```
- Updated for 2017-12-07 Client
```

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Wed 2017.12.13, 18:39

Updated Language patch to 2017-12-13
https://goo.gl/QLkX6i

- 2017-12-13
  • Translation Update for 2017-12-13 client update
  • Total changed/translated lines: 1865

Luvier
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Postby Luvier » Wed 2017.12.20, 10:47

Hello
I wonder if you could help me out.
When I open the game from GameNet client the game opens up after a min or so, but I read that's normal. But once it's open it's still in Russian but I managed to set my password and even went into chara creation, though I closed the game.
When I open the game from the BlackDessert32.exe found in the live>bin folder the game opens up instantly, and the Start, Quit and Settings are in English. The problem now comes that after I click on Start it gets stuck on Now Processing msg, game is still running since there's still sound.

I followed the instructions and all. I even patched the GameNet client so that there's some English in it. Is there some setting in the Client that I maybe have wrong?
https://imgur.com/a/H1VAl That's just to show that it gets stuck
https://imgur.com/a/WweU2 That one shows where I placed the files and settings for the texture.

Thanks for reading and please let me know if you require anything else.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Wed 2017.12.20, 14:25

Luvier wrote:Hello
I wonder if you could help me out.
When I open the game from GameNet client the game opens up after a min or so, but I read that's normal. But once it's open it's still in Russian but I managed to set my password and even went into chara creation, though I closed the game.
When I open the game from the BlackDessert32.exe found in the live>bin folder the game opens up instantly, and the Start, Quit and Settings are in English. The problem now comes that after I click on Start it gets stuck on Now Processing msg, game is still running since there's still sound.

I followed the instructions and all. I even patched the GameNet client so that there's some English in it. Is there some setting in the Client that I maybe have wrong?
https://imgur.com/a/H1VAl That's just to show that it gets stuck
https://imgur.com/a/WweU2 That one shows where I placed the files and settings for the texture.

Thanks for reading and please let me know if you require anything else.

Your not supposed to start game directly from exe files, you MUST use gamenet launcher.
other than that if your using both patches its best to use this sequence (personal experience)
Start Game -> Once open in russian exit / close it -> wait for gamenet window appear (means game fully closed) -> replace loc file -> start game -> once open in english exit /close it -> wait for gamenet window appear (means game fully closed) -> start Kami Launcher as administrator -> do the steps for replacing textures and forcing the client to search for em -> close launcher -> Start game.

After that you dont need to do anything untill next game update (sometimes they do ninja updates without announcing, but i get notified about changes fairly fast so i update the patch same day as well) :)

Hopefully this will help you.

UPDATE: looked at the screenshot, seem all good. I do tho advice to uncheck Crafting Notes in Kami Launcher as i havent had time to update those and they are awfully out of date (while i think it wont affect game, but better to be safe).

Todays patch should be done in about 3-4 hours from now (unless there is loads of manual translating needed)

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.12.20, 18:09

LithStud wrote:UPDATE: looked at the screenshot, seem all good. I do tho advice to uncheck Crafting Notes in Kami Launcher as i havent had time to update those and they are awfully out of date (while i think it wont affect game, but better to be safe).

The main problem with outdated Crafting Notes is that you won't be able to view missing notes. For example if you'll click to view Crafting Notes of the new item it will simply show you the error page.
The biggest problem can be caused by outdated string.xml, since it's in charge of displaying errors and overall notes UI, still shouldn't crash the game (or at least it hadn't back then when I added Crafting Notes to my patch, even GMs forgot to add Crafting Notes to JP client in one update not so long ago and it was fine =D ). It is very rarely updated.
With outdated itemmaking.xml you won't be able to see new items in the list/search.

In case it does cause any problems with the game - here is a quick and dirty Crafting Notes fix, for anyone familiar with advanced tab:
Replace string.xml and itemmaking.xml with original ones and paste all of the other xmls without replacement. In that way you'll have full notes, with possibly outdated translated pages (e.g. if the recipe changed) and new untranslated pages, but there will be a slight disadvantage with search, since it will be in original language =D .

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Thu 2017.12.21, 22:12

Language Patch 2017-12-21
https://goo.gl/MMgfkY

- 2017-12-21
  • Translation Update for 2017-12-20 client update
  • Manual translation for certain Quest Lines and items
  • Total changed/translated lines: 2468

Luvier
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Postby Luvier » Tue 2017.12.26, 06:01

Thanks a mill you guys. Ended up finding out what my problem was. Somehow I had downloaded the game twice, 1st in a folder I had made for it and the 2nd the GameNet client had re-downloaded it into my Games Folder and the only one I had patched was the one I had made whilst the client was reading and loading the one in the Games folder, only noticed it after typing the previous msg since I saw a random "live" folder in my Games folder. So yea I did have the one setting in the client wrong which was in the "installation path of the game" under game settings. Once I fixed that the game has been working 100% since then.

Again thanks a mill guys since I can't play on the EU.
Keep up the great work *THUMBUP2* *THUMBUP2* *THUMBUP2* *THUMBSUP2*

PS: BTW are there any Eng speaking guilds on the RU Server? If so would it be possible for me to join? Thanks.

Return to "Language patches"