Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

[RU] English patch with love from LithStud

Patches for Black Desert localization.
LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid
Honor: 20
BDO: Tamer
: BDO RU Translator
Medals: 1

Re: [RU] English patch with love from LithStud

Postby LithStud » Thu 2017.11.23, 16:49

Temp Patch 2017-11-23
This one fixes the crash due to language patch using no longer valid file size increase method.
Tested and working!

https://goo.gl/hfT6dX

*OnionHero*

FallenZeus
Honor: 0

Postby FallenZeus » Thu 2017.11.23, 21:44

Wow. You are aaaawesome *THUMBSUP2* I will try the patch later. Thanks a lot :D
LithStud wrote:Temp Patch 2017-11-23
This one fixes the crash due to language patch using no longer valid file size increase method.
Tested and working!

https://goo.gl/hfT6dX

*OnionHero*

enomikas
NOOB
NOOB

Postby enomikas » Wed 2017.11.29, 01:16

I have a problem. So today I installed Black desert and since I don't really like Russian language I wanted to change it to English.
The problem is after I change language data, the launcher gamenet rechecks the game files every time and after that it starts in Russian.
I did the longer part where it involves downloading that launcher and its orange in the Russian part.
I tried like 4 times doesn't work.
When I downloaded the game all I did was just checked inventory and that's all. I logged out.
Before I change the files I close launcher "gamenet", after changing files I start the launcher and it just instantly starts checking files, this doesn't happen If I change nothing.
Tried not closing the launcher "gamenet" when adding the files. Ok looks like its in English now. will try to reset the launcher. Would appreciate if you added something about not closing "gamenet" in the tutorial.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Wed 2017.11.29, 08:56

enomikas wrote:I have a problem. So today I installed Black desert and since I don't really like Russian language I wanted to change it to English.
The problem is after I change language data, the launcher gamenet rechecks the game files every time and after that it starts in Russian.
I did the longer part where it involves downloading that launcher and its orange in the Russian part.
When I downloaded the game all I did was just checked inventory and that's all. I logged out.
Before I change the files I close launcher "gamenet", after changing files I start the launcher and it just instantly starts checking files, this doesn't happen If I change nothing.
Tried not closing the launcher "gamenet" when adding the files. Ok looks like its in English now. will try to reset the launcher. Would appreciate if you added something about not closing "gamenet" in the tutorial.

That is your problem, your supposed to only close the game (after making sure it starts in russian) and not gamenet, after closing game wait till gamenet launcher appears then replace languagedata_ru.loc file and start game again. After that there shouldnt be any problems.

Keep in mind today is a patch day so the old temp patch wont work anymore, i plan on doing a fast temp patch (meaning as soon i get updated and add changes to my patch file) since i am behind translations anyway.

FallenZeus

Postby FallenZeus » Wed 2017.11.29, 09:10

Hi,
This happens to me when the latest english language file is not having the same size as the latest russian language file or to put in simpler terms english patch is not up to date.
Permanent fix would be getting the latest english patch which is yet to come. But as for a temporary fix, you can try what i usually do to overcome this.
1. Make sure the game and the launcher is up to date. Start the launcher.
2. Back up the current russian loc file somewhere.
3. Start the game.
4. Once the "Start Game" button in the gamenet goes black after the pop-up screen, replace the loc file with the english loc file.
5. Game should start in english.
6. Also you have to replace the russian loc file the next time you start the game to skip the file check and repeat the steps.

Hope this helps!!!

enomikas wrote:I have a problem. So today I installed Black desert and since I don't really like Russian language I wanted to change it to English.

darknx
NOOB
NOOB

Postby darknx » Wed 2017.11.29, 12:12

Sorry for posting this .. More russian is working normal? I enter it with vpn then deactivated so that when I go in the served it disconnect :'(

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Wed 2017.11.29, 12:31

darknx wrote:Sorry for posting this .. More russian is working normal? I enter it with vpn then deactivated so that when I go in the served it disconnect :'(

Sorry i never needed VPN so cant really help.

enomikas
NOOB
NOOB

Postby enomikas » Wed 2017.11.29, 12:32

LithStud wrote:That is your problem, your supposed to only close the game (after making sure it starts in russian) and not gamenet, after closing game wait till gamenet launcher appears then replace languagedata_ru.loc file and start game again. After that there shouldnt be any problems.

Keep in mind today is a patch day so the old temp patch wont work anymore, i plan on doing a fast temp patch (meaning as soon i get updated and add changes to my patch file) since i am behind translations anyway.

Ye I know, but usually when you are trying to replace game files you close everything, so I wasn't really used to it. I mean do you know any other games where you have to leave it or at least a launcher open to replace files? it usually says thats its open and close it. I mean I found the fix pretty easily, but not everyone will. And its my 1 time installing this language patch its not like I know everything and thats why I follow the guide on how to, I believe even the smallest information of help matters.
Last edited by enomikas on Wed 2017.11.29, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Wed 2017.11.29, 12:37

enomikas wrote:
Ye I know, but usually when you are trying to replace game files you close everything, so I wasn't really used to it. I mean do you know any other games where you have to leave it or at least a launcher open to replace files? it usually says thats its open and close it. I mean I found the fix pretty easily, but not everyone will. And its my 1 time installing this language patch its not like I know everything and thats why I follow the guide on how to, I believe even the smallest information of help matters.

Hmm i thought it was clear in how to (said close game) didnt say to close launcher, i guess gonna have to put it in.

enomikas
NOOB
NOOB

Postby enomikas » Wed 2017.11.29, 12:38

LithStud wrote:
enomikas wrote:

Hmm i thought it was clear in how to (said close game) didnt say to close launcher, i guess gonna have to put it in.

Its just for me close the game also associates with a launcher, though I might be the only dumb one haha. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Return to "Language patches"