Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Meta not working?

Here you can report bugs, errors and other issues with Launcher.
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Meta not working?

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2017.03.25, 14:53

liliah wrote:Hi there, is there any solution for this yet? I am also getting the same result as Azukai.

Nope, still the same thing, the game refuses to read external xlsm files, and from the tests, run by the volunteers, so far - we have no idea why. There are many possibilities of why this might happen (including the TW rumor, that devs made this to specifically block language patches), it's not easy to find that out.

If everything, that we can come up with, fails, then you'll need to wait until I'll add "Repack" patching style, which in theory should work-out even if devs specifically block external xlsms, since "Repack" means replacing internal game files with modified. When? No idea. You're not the only one asking for/about it, but it takes time and can't be done over night, neither this is my job or smth like that (e.g. currently expenses on Launcher > Launcher kick-back, not that it would matter much if it was equal either), so I can't even guess, it all depends on my mood and free time for this project, thanks for your understanding.

P.S. If you'll find out a work-around, that works with something ~similar to the current Launcher means, then let me know, probably it won't take a lot of time and effort to apply it.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.04.26, 18:07

OK, I finally had time to look into this issue today. So I got the working patch from volunteer with which I worked on overcoming this issue. We tried multiple things, but in the end he reported that nothing has worked out and then I told him that probably the only option at that point is Repacking style, which I had no time to implement, so he kind of took it asked few question about how the extraction works and things...then I heard that it all succeeded, and I thought oh well they done a great job of creating Repacking (that thing is not that easy to implement), but now that I looked into it - it turns out that nope, actually one of the things that we tried initially worked out (basically text used by the game migrated from xlsm to txt file) and I guess that was just a way to "monopolize" patch for TW or something like that (I have no other idea on why would someone act like that). Anyway, closer to the point:
1) I will no longer help that volunteer ever.
2) I will add that txt file to the internal FEX scheme (I'll update the dev build with that a bit later), so that you will be able to extract and force patch it.
3) I will need to add that txt file to the merging cycle, which will happen at some later point in time (already added to planned features).

I will also need someone from TW to confirm that step 2 works fine for it and the changes to the file can be seen in the game.

P.S. HERE is a post for those interested in testing it out. I already have 2 volunteers for EU/NA test but none for TW at this point.

Azukai
Honor: 0
BDO: Wizard
: BDO TW Volunteer
Medals: 2

Postby Azukai » Thu 2017.04.27, 04:52

KAMIKADzE wrote:OK, I finally had time to look into this issue today. So I got the working patch from volunteer with which I worked on overcoming this issue. We tried multiple things, but in the end he reported that nothing has worked out and then I told him that probably the only option at that point is Repacking style, which I had no time to implement, so he kind of took it asked few question about how the extraction works and things...then I heard that it all succeeded, and I thought oh well they done a great job of creating Repacking (that thing is not that easy to implement), but now that I looked into it - it turns out that nope, actually one of the things that we tried initially worked out (basically text used by the game migrated from xlsm to txt file) and I guess that was just a way to "monopolize" patch for TW or something like that (I have no other idea on why would someone act like that). Anyway, closer to the point:
1) I will no longer help that volunteer ever.
2) I will add that txt file to the internal FEX scheme (I'll update the dev build with that a bit later), so that you will be able to extract and force patch it.
3) I will need to add that txt file to the merging cycle, which will happen at some later point in time (already added to planned features).

I will also need someone from TW to confirm that step 2 works fine for it and the changes to the file can be seen in the game.

P.S. HERE is a post for those interested in testing it out. I already have 2 volunteers for EU/NA test but none for TW at this point.

Hey Kami. I still update TW every maintenance even though I play on KR now. I can test this out for you.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2017.04.27, 10:24

Azukai wrote:Hey Kami. I still update TW every maintenance even though I play on KR now. I can test this out for you.

Yeah, that would be great, since from what I understood it works for EU/NA, so just to be sure that it works for TW as well, and I'll finally close this thread.

Azukai
Honor: 0
BDO: Wizard
: BDO TW Volunteer
Medals: 2

Postby Azukai » Thu 2017.04.27, 10:38

KAMIKADzE wrote:
Azukai wrote:Hey Kami. I still update TW every maintenance even though I play on KR now. I can test this out for you.

Yeah, that would be great, since from what I understood it works for EU/NA, so just to be sure that it works for TW as well, and I'll finally close this thread.

I'm getting orange light with the latest Dev launcher. It's green light with v0.7a4.
Last edited by KAMIKADzE on Thu 2017.04.27, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Got the file and removed link

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2017.04.27, 11:54

Azukai wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:

I'm getting orange light with the latest Dev launcher. It's green light with v0.7a4.

Devs removed all of the exportoriginalstring files during the past month, since we have tested things for TW (removed that from internal FEX, thanks for notifying me).
I've sent you the replacement exe in PM, get that and replace in the installed dev Launcher folder.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2017.04.27, 22:52

In conclusion - force patching new languagedata in txt format works for both EU/NA and TW servers.
I'm currently working on merges between new data format (will appear soon™ in dev version, which you can find in THAT thread). At this point I won't give any ETA on conversion between 4 xlsm files format and new txt format. For more info on the further Launcher development follow the aforementioned thread.

Since this issue is resolved I'll close this thread. If you have any other questions left regarding this issue - feel free to PM me.

Return to "Issues"