Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Meta not working?

Here you can report bugs, errors and other issues with Launcher.
Azukai
Honor: 0
BDO: Wizard
: BDO TW Volunteer
Medals: 2

Meta not working?

Postby Azukai » Thu 2017.03.23, 01:06

I think some changes have been made on the TW server?

I modified meta with v0.7a5 dev launcher, but the game doesn't detect the files. No crashes too.

I also tried modifying meta on v0.7a4, also doesn't detect. No crashes, the game still in Chinese.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Meta not working?

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2017.03.23, 03:27

Azukai wrote:I think some changes have been made on the TW server?

I modified meta with v0.7a5 dev launcher, but the game doesn't detect the files. No crashes too.

I also tried modifying meta on v0.7a4, also doesn't detect. No crashes, the game still in Chinese.

Modifying meta should work perfectly fine on any server on any Launcher version.
Are you sure that you understand what it does?
1) Modify meta, so that it will look for a certain files in the game folder, instead of the game files.
2) Launcher will show if you've modified it successfully.
3) Move files modified in meta to the respective folder path in the game folder.

Tell me what files you modify during step 1, what shows step 2 and what do you do during step 3.

Azukai
BDO: Wizard
: BDO TW Volunteer
Medals: 2

Postby Azukai » Thu 2017.03.23, 04:00

This is what I did after Taiwan maintenance.

> Pressed 'Restore original meta'
> Update Taiwan game
> Get RAW files (languagedata, stringtable_tw, stringtable_cutscene_tw, symbolnostringtable_tw)
> Make the 4 RAW files into XML
> Merge the 4 RAW files with my Translation XML files.
> Make the 4 files from the Output folder into XLSM files.
> Placed languagedata.xlsm into BlackDesert/prestringtable/tw/ folder
> Placed stringtable_tw, stringtable_cutscene_tw, symbolnostringtable_tw xlsm files into BlackDesert/stringtable/tw folder
> Pressed 'Modify meta forcing game to search in root' button. (BDO TW: 144(3966)
> BDO Meta Indication is now Dark Orange.
> Run the BDO TW
> The game still in Chinese, not in English.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2017.03.23, 09:47

Azukai wrote:This is what I did after Taiwan maintenance.

> Pressed 'Restore original meta'
> Update Taiwan game
> Get RAW files (languagedata, stringtable_tw, stringtable_cutscene_tw, symbolnostringtable_tw)
> Make the 4 RAW files into XML
> Merge the 4 RAW files with my Translation XML files.
> Make the 4 files from the Output folder into XLSM files.
> Placed languagedata.xlsm into BlackDesert/prestringtable/tw/ folder
> Placed stringtable_tw, stringtable_cutscene_tw, symbolnostringtable_tw xlsm files into BlackDesert/stringtable/tw folder
> Pressed 'Modify meta forcing game to search in root' button. (BDO TW: 144(3966)
> BDO Meta Indication is now Dark Orange.
> Run the BDO TW
> The game still in Chinese, not in English.

All 4 in prestringtable doesn't work either? That's interesting.
TW Volunteer has already send me the meta, so I'll take a look on it later today. I'll let you know if I'll need anything else.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2017.03.23, 16:55

Just an update in this thread:
I've send test build with instructions to volunteers, to induct some tests.

From the first look, nothing changed in the global matter of scheme, so that means that either devs closed the hole and I'll need to work on the Repack patching sooner than I expected, or it has something to deal with KR translation files (every client has KR as base, but TW now has not only that but also...how I would call it...fully-featured KR translation for the game, so maybe the language will be selectable in the future? just like the NPCs voices).

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2017.03.23, 22:05

Another update for those who follow this issue - we have verified and confirmed that Force patching and everything else works perfectly fine. The issue lies in Game failing to read xlsm files only (it tries to, but fails) and currently we have no idea why that happens (trying to find that out).

buzarini
Creator
Creator
Peon
Peon
Honor: 20
: Tester BDO TR Volunteer BDO SEA Volunteer BDO TH Volunteer BDO RU Translator BDO EU/NA Translator
Medals: 6

Postby buzarini » Fri 2017.03.24, 03:52

KAMIKADzE wrote:Another update for those who follow this issue - we have verified and confirmed that Force patching and everything else works perfectly fine. The issue lies in Game failing to read xlsm files only (it tries to, but fails) and currently we have no idea why that happens (trying to find that out).

I received complaints that the files created in your program do not work, but these files worked for me and for my friends. Most of the complaints were from players who played in Korea.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2017.03.24, 07:24

buzarini wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:Another update for those who follow this issue - we have verified and confirmed that Force patching and everything else works perfectly fine. The issue lies in Game failing to read xlsm files only (it tries to, but fails) and currently we have no idea why that happens (trying to find that out).

I received complaints that the files created in your program do not work, but these files worked for me and for my friends. Most of the complaints were from players who played in Korea.

Hmm, had no complains from KR so far, so what you're saying is that for some KR players it work for some it doesn't? Have they tried with force patching?

buzarini
Creator
Creator
Peon
Peon
Honor: 20
: Tester BDO TR Volunteer BDO SEA Volunteer BDO TH Volunteer BDO RU Translator BDO EU/NA Translator
Medals: 6

Postby buzarini » Fri 2017.03.24, 07:35

KAMIKADzE wrote:Hmm, had no complains from KR so far, so what you're saying is that for some KR players it work for some it doesn't?

Yes, it turns out that way.
KAMIKADzE wrote:Have they tried with force patching?

No. I didn't ask them to do this.

liliah
NOOB
NOOB

Postby liliah » Sat 2017.03.25, 11:09

Hi there, is there any solution for this yet? I am also getting the same result as Azukai.

Return to "Issues"