Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Need help..

Here you can report bugs, errors and other issues with Launcher.
dsteffens
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Need help..

Postby dsteffens » Fri 2017.07.07, 02:17

Playing on the SA bdo server atm.. Want it on english. Really struggling with this launcher and how to do every step, everytime i press Get RAW it just loads for a long time then the launcher crashes "Stopps working"

Possible to get a step by step on SA patching from start to finish? Litteraly first time trying anything like this patching stuff.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Need help..

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2017.07.07, 05:04

dsteffens wrote:Playing on the SA bdo server atm.. Want it on english. Really struggling with this launcher and how to do every step, everytime i press Get RAW it just loads for a long time then the launcher crashes "Stopps working"

Possible to get a step by step on SA patching from start to finish? Litteraly first time trying anything like this patching stuff.

Start off by providing some info. What says your SA BDO Indication? Does Launcher record an error file in "Launcher\EvLog" folder? If it does then send me the error.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid
Honor: 20
BDO: Tamer
: BDO RU Translator
Medals: 1

Postby LithStud » Fri 2017.07.07, 06:31

KAMIKADzE wrote:
dsteffens wrote:Playing on the SA bdo server atm.. Want it on english. Really struggling with this launcher and how to do every step, everytime i press Get RAW it just loads for a long time then the launcher crashes "Stopps working"

Start off by providing some info. What says your SA BDO Indication? Does Launcher record an error file in "Launcher\EvLog" folder? If it does then send me the error.

i know one way to crash launcher when getting RAWs :) At least in RU selection if i check all the checkboxes it will crash, doing em one by one is fine.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2017.07.07, 08:26

LithStud wrote:i know one way to crash launcher when getting RAWs :) At least in RU selection if i check all the checkboxes it will crash, doing em one by one is fine.

Is there a logged error in EvLog? If there isn't then it will be hard to figure out.
There might be some problem when extracting languagedata and languagedataFull at the same time *THINK*, since they're basically created from the same file, if there's no error logged could you also check out if extracting those 2 excluding all of the others will crash Launcher? Don't recall this happening on JP when data v1 was still there, so it also might be a hardware/other software related thing, which will be even harder to figure out =D
Not the most urgent thing, but thanks for notifying, I'll keep that in mind, wanted to redo extraction for a long time anyway (to speed it up a little bit, but it will take quite a lot of time, so not anytime soon).

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid
Honor: 20
BDO: Tamer
: BDO RU Translator
Medals: 1

Postby LithStud » Fri 2017.07.07, 09:35

KAMIKADzE wrote:
LithStud wrote:i know one way to crash launcher when getting RAWs :) At least in RU selection if i check all the checkboxes it will crash, doing em one by one is fine.

Is there a logged error in EvLog? If there isn't then it will be hard to figure out.
There might be some problem when extracting languagedata and languagedataFull at the same time *THINK*, since they're basically created from the same file, if there's no error logged could you also check out if extracting those 2 excluding all of the others will crash Launcher? Don't recall this happening on JP when data v1 was still there, so it also might be a hardware/other software related thing, which will be even harder to figure out =D
Not the most urgent thing, but thanks for notifying, I'll keep that in mind, wanted to redo extraction for a long time anyway (to speed it up a little bit, but it will take quite a lot of time, so not anytime soon).

Well only file that took a long time (i mean something like 15-20min) was that languagedataFULL all others was extracted in a matter of seconds :) i will check those logs and try to crash it again as well once i am home *THUMBSUP*

dsteffens
NOOB
NOOB

Postby dsteffens » Fri 2017.07.07, 11:56

KAMIKADzE wrote:

Yes i get an error in the EvLog folder.. where do i send?

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2017.07.07, 16:18

dsteffens wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:

Just upload wherever and send it to me in PM.

Update: The error that you sent to me is unrelated to the described problem. The error tells me that I forgot to handle cancelling of Load base and translation buttons =D I'll fix that in the next Launcher version.
Anyway we're back to:
KAMIKADzE wrote:Start off by providing some info. What says your SA BDO Indication?

P.S. Fixed that error.

dsteffens
NOOB
NOOB

Postby dsteffens » Fri 2017.07.07, 22:37

KAMIKADzE wrote:
dsteffens wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:

Just upload wherever and send it to me in PM.

Update: The error that you sent to me is unrelated to the described problem. The error tells me that I forgot to handle cancelling of Load base and translation buttons =D I'll fix that in the next Launcher version.
Anyway we're back to:
KAMIKADzE wrote:Start off by providing some info. What says your SA BDO Indication?

P.S. Fixed that error.

tbh dont even know what you mean with SA BDO Indication?? Like im totaly fresh to all this patching thingy.. ive come to a point following a youtube guide from this program that im stuggling finding the SA translated files, tbh i might even just let this slide if there's not rly any good "guides" showing step by step out there.

After what i see, im missing many SA files (translation files) that should be in a folder similar to JP folder.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2017.07.08, 06:16

dsteffens wrote:tbh dont even know what you mean with SA BDO Indication?? Like im totaly fresh to all this patching thingy.. ive come to a point following a youtube guide from this program that im stuggling finding the SA translated files, tbh i might even just let this slide if there's not rly any good "guides" showing step by step out there.

After what i see, im missing many SA files (translation files) that should be in a folder similar to JP folder.

First of all - don't doublepost on the forum, use edit button.

As for the SA BDO Indication - it's right in your face when you start Launcher, so you can't miss it. I'll quote myself once again, just click on the link and read...:

Simple guide is THERE, but of course there are no step by step guides on all possible gazillion cases, since it would take me forever to write those. You can also try to use search on the forum, if you want to find out something else, but don't want to go through all of the threads and posts.

Translation files are translations files, you can't get them from SA client, you can use RAW from EU/NA, or translate on your own, or any other translation out there. Non-client-specific translation (for example EU/NA RAW) will require tweaks to make it "fit" the SA client, it might even crash the client without some of those corrections.

It's only more or less simple, when someone is doing those patches for you, unfortunately there are none on this forum, and I haven't heard about anyone doing any public SA patches out there.

dsteffens
NOOB
NOOB

Postby dsteffens » Sat 2017.07.08, 16:24

Sorry for double post yeh.. And all makes kinda more sence the way you wrote it now, atleast for me. Thnx. my SA BDO Indication says: BDO SA: 44(3934) and its green.

Return to "Issues"