Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

The Loc file encrypted

Here you can report bugs, errors and other issues with Launcher.
LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid
Honor: 20
BDO: Tamer
: BDO RU Translator
Medals: 1

Re: The Loc file encrypted

Postby LithStud » Fri 2018.05.11, 12:29

Nice :) means for now we will get these translations to work :) untill they change smth again xD

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2018.05.11, 13:07

LithStud wrote:Nice :) means for now we will get these translations to work :) untill they change smth again xD

Yeah, I've made the compression working earlier today as well, so editing it won't be a problem. The problem is that uncompressed file did seem noticeably different from what we seen before. I'll take a closer look at it later today and will try to figure out if it is directly mergable with Datav1/Datav2 or it'll be Datav3 :S
There obviously is a way to convert, but if it is Datav3 then for the nearest future we'll have to go through the same pain as during Datav1=>Datav2 change.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Fri 2018.05.11, 13:43

KAMIKADzE wrote:
LithStud wrote:Nice :) means for now we will get these translations to work :) untill they change smth again xD

Yeah, I've made the compression working earlier today as well, so editing it won't be a problem. The problem is that uncompressed file did seem noticeably different from what we seen before. I'll take a closer look at it later today and will try to figure out if it is directly mergable with Datav1/Datav2 or it'll be Datav3 :S
There obviously is a way to convert, but if it is Datav3 then for the nearest future we'll have to go through the same pain as during Datav1=>Datav2 change.

I am working on my end to try and decompress it with python (no experience working with compression/decompression) to see what data looks like and if i can use it in my current workflow (i mainly use your launcher to encrypt decrypt files and merge (that i could do with my own code but been lazy to do it up till now =D )

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2018.05.11, 14:30

LithStud wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:

I am working on my end to try and decompress it with python (no experience working with compression/decompression) to see what data looks like and if i can use it in my current workflow (i mainly use your launcher to encrypt decrypt files and merge (that i could do with my own code but been lazy to do it up till now =D )

Send me your RU loc file in PM, I'll decompress it and send the RAW variant back to you.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Fri 2018.05.11, 15:08

KAMIKADzE wrote:Send me your RU loc file in PM, I'll decompress it and send the RAW variant back to you.

Sent you a link from my google drive, as well as what i get after my own decompression tries =D i think i am missing something still as there is no way to identify translation without some keys. Will be interesting to compare how it really looks.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2018.05.11, 16:06

Finally started looking at it and it is indeed Datav3, but so far its layout seems perfectly convertable to Datav2 format.
P.S. But it's missing "Original" and "Region" columns.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Fri 2018.05.11, 16:40

KAMIKADzE wrote:Finally started looking at it and it is indeed Datav3, but so far its layout seems perfectly convertable to Datav2 format.

man if you can make it into same format as previous txt ones that would greatly help even without original column :) as long i have ids i can work =D now only need for it to support comments as well =D

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2018.05.11, 18:48

LithStud wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:Finally started looking at it and it is indeed Datav3, but so far its layout seems perfectly convertable to Datav2 format.

man if you can make it into same format as previous txt ones that would greatly help even without original column :) as long i have ids i can work =D now only need for it to support comments as well =D

I've sent you your "RU loc" (clearly it was EN loc =D ) new uncompressed format => txt result in PM.
If you want to test it:
  1. Convert to xml via BDO Patcher
  2. Since the format is different - manually move text from "Original" column to "Translation" column (I'll add a converter for this later).
  3. Try to merge.
  4. ???Wait for backwards conversion =D it's not ready yet (the part from txt => uncompressed format).

P.S. My JP Overloaded patch is back to were it was. Tested it - seems to be working fine.
I'll need to add some buttons and move few functions back and forth + add few more things before updating Launcher.
This issue will be resolved soon™

anje.lee
Wisp
Wisp
Honor: 0

Postby anje.lee » Sat 2018.05.12, 00:01

Recently I tried to convert the loc file to txt but all failed. I do not have much programming skills so i encountered lots of difficulties :.( . Because after the update, the server loc file is the same, so the only way to use the "English Patch" is to use the Na server's loc file via your launcher or overwrite it to the "ads" folder after the "game launcher" ended, but still more inconvenience. Can you help me convert the JP server's loc file to txt, which will help me a lot. Thanks for your efforts so much. =D

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2018.05.12, 00:57

anje.lee wrote:Recently I tried to convert the loc file to txt but all failed. I do not have much programming skills so i encountered lots of difficulties :.( . Because after the update, the server loc file is the same, so the only way to use the "English Patch" is to use the Na server's loc file via your launcher or overwrite it to the "ads" folder after the "game launcher" ended, but still more inconvenience. Can you help me convert the JP server's loc file to txt, which will help me a lot. Thanks for your efforts so much. =D

Read the P.S. in my previous post above^.
You'll need to wait for a bit longer. I need to add additional GUI and few other things, before rolling out an update. After the Launcher update I'll explain step by step on what new buttons to press, so don't worry about that.

Return to "Issues"