Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

The Loc file encrypted

Here you can report bugs, errors and other issues with Launcher.
anje.lee
Wisp
Wisp
Honor: 0

The Loc file encrypted

Postby anje.lee » Wed 2018.05.09, 09:12

Hello!I want to make a patch for Black Desert Jp, but after today update, the loc file seems to be encrypted. When I try to convert loc file to txt file, I get a txt file with encrypted characters. Is there a way to fix this? Thankyou.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: The Loc file encrypted

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2018.05.09, 09:31

anje.lee wrote:Hello!I want to make a patch for Black Desert Jp, but after today update, the loc file seems to be encrypted. When I try to convert loc file to txt file, I get a txt file with encrypted characters. Is there a way to fix this? Thankyou.

I'm already aware of the recent change. Currently there's no way to convert new JP loc to txt, they started using some "unknown" compression algorithm, so you'll need to wait until I figure it out or try to figure it out yourself and let me know which algorithm they use, so that I'll be able to apply the required changes to BDO Patcher.
So far I have only tested Black Desert's internal compression algorithm on it and it didn't work. Unfortunately I have no idea how much time I'll be able to spare today, or even few days after that, nor how much time it'll actually take me to figure this out, so as of now there's no ETA, but I'll surely update the development version as soon as it will be possible.

anje.lee
Wisp
Wisp
Honor: 0

Postby anje.lee » Wed 2018.05.09, 10:02

Thanks for your help.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2018.05.10, 08:59

A small update on this issue:
  • Yesterday, after the previous post, I've also tried to check it for the common compression algorithms headers, and unsurprisingly found nothing. This doesn't necessarily means that it is not one of the common compression algorithms, as the header could be stripped down on purpose, that said - I've also tried to identify it with a help of various tools for such purpose and they gave 0 positive results as well, so probably that is something uncommon.
  • Haven't done anything today yet. If I'm correct at my assumptions - there're only 2 things left:
    • Randomly try various algorithms until success (this may take forever, if done alone).
    • Reversing decompression part of it from the code (not an easy task) and then reversing that one into compression part (not the easiest task either).
    Since I doubt that there will be anyone willing to help - it might take me a while. This is going to be a marathon not a sprint, so be prepared for that.
  • Since the update I've managed to play only 1 hour (AFK processing for 1 hour =D ), just before this post. I need to play 4 more hours (AFK or not) (╮°-°)╮┳━━┳ for that Lauren coins event (╯°□°)╯ ┻━━┻ out of the remained 6 hours today (actually 5 for me, since I'll be off for 1 hour) and I would like to finally make the cash shop video as well. Basically there's not a whole lot of time, but probably I will try a few things while AFK gathering today.

jicsmart
Wisp
Wisp
Honor: 6
Medals: 2

Postby jicsmart » Thu 2018.05.10, 18:14

IMHO they change encryption+compression language file (*.loc) all bdo server except kr server.

seem bdo database site like http://bdocodex.com/ can't update new data for a while too.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2018.05.10, 18:39

jicsmart wrote:IMHO they change encryption+compression language file (*.loc) all bdo server except kr server.

seem bdo database site like http://bdocodex.com/ can't update new data for a while too.

If the encryption was also changed then it's a total disaster, as that just brings this issue on a whole another level of complexity =D where does that info comes from?
KR is obviously unaffected, since it doesn't use loc file =D

I seriously don't get why devs try to break translation patches all the time, instead of trying to cover holes for cheating tools (and there are quite a few of those), it's like they're doing completely opposite of what would be good for them.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid
Honor: 20
BDO: Tamer
: BDO RU Translator
Medals: 1

Postby LithStud » Thu 2018.05.10, 20:21

KAMIKADzE wrote:
jicsmart wrote:IMHO they change encryption+compression language file (*.loc) all bdo server except kr server.

If the encryption was also changed then it's a total disaster, as that just brings this issue on a whole another level of complexity =D where does that info comes from?

I seriously don't get why devs try to break translation patches all the time, instead of trying to cover holes for cheating tools (and there are quite a few of those), it's like they're doing completely opposite of what would be good for them.

If it helps i see there was recent addition of zlibwapi.dll to game files (Black Desert Online\live\bin64) on russian version (added 2018-05-05) in todays patch didnt see no new dlls added only changes to exe and paz

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2018.05.10, 20:31

LithStud wrote:If it helps i see there was recent addition of zlibwapi.dll to game files (Black Desert Online\live\bin64) on russian version (added 2018-05-05) in todays patch didnt see no new dlls added only changes to exe and paz

It's Zlib compression library. I'll try few variants of it tomorrow.

jicsmart
Wisp
Wisp
Honor: 6
Medals: 2

Postby jicsmart » Thu 2018.05.10, 20:59

KAMIKADzE wrote:

Where?
here "Since the last patch language files (ads/*.loc) use new compression/encryption method and I currently have no idea how to extract texts from them. It means that until someone finds out how to decompress new .loc files, I won't be able to update BDOcrypt tool. "

https://www.undertow.club/threads/black ... ost-169999

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2018.05.11, 06:49

Spent like an hour today and confirmed that this is indeed zlib compression:
The new file format so far:
84 18 10 02 -> 34609284 (size of decompressed data)
78 -> compression method 8 = 3D deflate, with window size of 32kB
01 -> compression Level1
ec bd -> marking the start of data
... -> zlib data

Decompression was successful, although the output requires tweaking. More info later.
P.S. Encryption was thrown out of the window at all.

Return to "Issues"