Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Ocean Coins/Shop vs Crow Coins/Shop

For BDO Patcher, Language patches, Mods, Projects.

Keep Ocean coins/Shop or rename to Crow coins/Shop?

Ocean
No votes
Crow
33%
Either is fine
67%

Total votes: 3

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Ocean Coins/Shop vs Crow Coins/Shop

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2020.03.25, 19:22

With 2020.03.25 update Ocean Coins/Shop were officially renamed to Crow Coins/Shop. My understanding of this situation is that devs decided to make Ocean coins not only "ocean" and obtainable through other activities in the game (soon to come), not so long ago, and so they decided to rename it to "represent" this change. So the question is should I keep the Ocean spirit or rename it all to Crow? (Crow relates to Crow Merchant Guild, members of which you can find all over the place in Black Desert).
Personally I feel like leaving "Ocean", but there is a high chance that devs will introduce various things with "Crow" in their name related to said coins, and I would either need to rename those into "Ocean" as well or split-translate (which will not be a great thing to do), not even to mention that by lore now those coins are not issued by "Ocean People from Island of Ocean's Secret Mist" but "Crow Merchants Guild" instead.
I have changed it to "Crow" naming for now, but if overwhelming majority of you will vote for "Ocean" then I'll easily rename it back, it's all in your hands.
Personally I've voted for "Either is fine" to not influence on the actual result. Just to make it clear - I like "Ocean People from Island of Ocean's Secret Mist" more just because it had an opener for further development of lore behind it and possibly new distant islands, but since it's now officially "Crow Merchants Guild" that "possible lore" was kind of killed by devs and won't see any continuations, while "Crow"-related will, so while I'd like to keep it all "Ocean" devs clearly don't want to.

Return to "Translation discussion"