Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Each week i have to download the game again

Russian server
r3bYchan
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Each week i have to download the game again

Postby r3bYchan » Sat 2024.03.16, 02:09

Hi sorry to bother, I've been playing with RU friends from Europe, and each week i have to download the game again completely for it to be patched in RU... i ask my friends for config and service files from RU servers, then launch the patcher and have to wait 2hours for download (my internet is slow) Is there a way to patch it without doing all this work?
Thanks in advance

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: [RU] English patch with love from LithStud

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2024.03.16, 02:38

r3bYchan » Sat 2024.03.16, 02:09 wrote:Hi sorry to bother, I've been playing with RU friends from Europe, and each week i have to download the game again completely for it to be patched in RU... i ask my friends for config and service files from RU servers, then launch the patcher and have to wait 2hours for download (my internet is slow) Is there a way to patch it without doing all this work?
Thanks in advance

Your issue is clearly unrelated to this patch, but it's not like we have a BDO technical support section on this forum either *ONIONDONTKNOW* (the closest one is probably RU server section, so if LithStud will want me to, I can move your conversation there, into a separate thread).

My take on it - if I understand correctly there is probably something wrong with your installation, maybe some files are locked, or the issue with registry, etc.
The quickest and easiest solution would be (considering you're not drive-limited and have enough of free space) to copy "Paz" folder (with all of its content) somewhere else, delete the game, install it from scratch, then place back the "Paz" folder and start the game launcher (in that way you won't need to redownload most of the game and it should solve your issue, unless it's caused by something like your anti-virus software).
P.S. You might also want to copy the "Cache" folder and "Black Desert" folder in your documents, as to not loose your settings.

r3bYchan
NOOB
NOOB

Re: [RU] English patch with love from LithStud

Postby r3bYchan » Sat 2024.03.16, 14:33

KAMIKADzE » Sat 2024.03.16, 03:38 wrote:
r3bYchan » Sat 2024.03.16, 02:09 wrote:Hi sorry to bother, I've been playing with RU friends from Europe, and each week i have to download the game again completely for it to be patched in RU... i ask my friends for config and service files from RU servers, then launch the patcher and have to wait 2hours for download (my internet is slow) Is there a way to patch it without doing all this work?
Thanks in advance

Your issue is clearly unrelated to this patch, but it's not like we have a BDO technical support section on this forum either *ONIONDONTKNOW* (the closest one is probably RU server section, so if LithStud will want me to, I can move your conversation there, into a separate thread).

My take on it - if I understand correctly there is probably something wrong with your installation, maybe some files are locked, or the issue with registry, etc.
The quickest and easiest solution would be (considering you're not drive-limited and have enough of free space) to copy "Paz" folder (with all of its content) somewhere else, delete the game, install it from scratch, then place back the "Paz" folder and start the game launcher (in that way you won't need to redownload most of the game and it should solve your issue, unless it's caused by something like your anti-virus software).
P.S. You might also want to copy the "Cache" folder and "Black Desert" folder in your documents, as to not loose your settings.

Thank you so much, I've downloaded the RU Version, re-downloaded the EU from steam, and just renamed the game folders, so now i'll be thinkering with the folder names in order to "trick" steam >_<

Sorry again for choosing the wrong sections and many thanks for the help <3

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Each week i have to download the game again

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2024.03.16, 15:41

r3bYchan » Sat 2024.03.16, 14:33 wrote:Thank you so much, I've downloaded the RU Version, re-downloaded the EU from steam, and just renamed the game folders, so now i'll be thinkering with the folder names in order to "trick" steam >_<

Since your issue is resolved, I've moved this conversation to a separate thread, before LithStud has even noticed ;) so np.
So you got the standalone RU? Or you still plan to play on a dual-steam setup? I'm not running multiple BDO clients, and not through Steam, so can't really help you with optimizing the dual-steam setup. If you're running RU client not through Steam - that definitely makes your life way easier *JOKINGLY*, but if you bought both through Steam and even managed to progress there to an extent...yikes *ONIONOH*
Now that you mentioned Steam...your "config and service files" in the first post do sound like you were trying to re-purpose 1 client for both RU and EU/NA, if I'm correct - BDO clients are not interchangeable, it's not just 1 translation file difference, there are other translation files (text, audio, images) and various differences (items, events, even some features) between the clients, scattered across the game files, so while clients do share many files they are still significantly different. Have fun renaming them back and forth =D

r3bYchan
NOOB
NOOB

Re: Each week i have to download the game again

Postby r3bYchan » Wed 2024.03.20, 15:14

KAMIKADzE » Sat 2024.03.16, 16:41 wrote:
r3bYchan » Sat 2024.03.16, 14:33 wrote:Thank you so much, I've downloaded the RU Version, re-downloaded the EU from steam, and just renamed the game folders, so now i'll be thinkering with the folder names in order to "trick" steam >_<

Since your issue is resolved, I've moved this conversation to a separate thread, before LithStud has even noticed ;) so np.
So you got the standalone RU? Or you still plan to play on a dual-steam setup? I'm not running multiple BDO clients, and not through Steam, so can't really help you with optimizing the dual-steam setup. If you're running RU client not through Steam - that definitely makes your life way easier *JOKINGLY*, but if you bought both through Steam and even managed to progress there to an extent...yikes *ONIONOH*
Now that you mentioned Steam...your "config and service files" in the first post do sound like you were trying to re-purpose 1 client for both RU and EU/NA, if I'm correct - BDO clients are not interchangeable, it's not just 1 translation file difference, there are other translation files (text, audio, images) and various differences (items, events, even some features) between the clients, scattered across the game files, so while clients do share many files they are still significantly different. Have fun renaming them back and forth =D

No i bought just the normal BDO from steam for 99 cents, and since my friends play it but on the Russian servers, they sent me some guides and stuff to help me out connect to their server, without buying two copies of the game or without even needing two steam accounts.
So basically, now i have two folders with both BDO, Russian and EU version. The EU version is the one I bought and installed through steam.
So, this and last week, i launched manually the RU launcher and let it download the weekly patch, then i opened up steam and let it download the EU patch, and after that i just switched their main folder names, so steam thinks he's running the EU version but it's the RU instead >_<
Bonus: don't need the new "config" and "service" files each week, can just keep the same ones i already had. (Found out i can also get them through the BDO RU game downloader itself so it's all independent now

Once again thanks for the suggestion, it really solved my issue for good ^^ renaming two folders compared to having to re-download the entire thing twice is nothing =P

Return to "RU"