Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Regarding 2017.01.26 downtimes

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Regarding 2017.01.26 downtimes

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2017.01.26, 17:27

The forum is going up and down for the last 4 hours. First 3 hours the downtimes were huge, now the downtimes are barely noticeable, but you can still experience them.
What I can tell so far:
- The server is up and running all the time.
- DNS is reachable all the time.
- There's no DDoS or anything like that going on.
- The problem is somewhere on connection of server and DNS.
Most likely the problem is on the server side, since I can't reach it when I can't reach the forum, and as I already mentioned, DNS on the other hand is reachable all the time. Server staff is slowly working on identifying the cause...probably...well at least it seems so from the responses. Unfortunately all we can do - is just wait.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Re: Regarding 2017.01.26 downtimes

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2017.01.26, 20:12

The server is running without any downtimes for 1,5 hours. Basically seems like problems with the server disappeared by themselves while the staff "tried" to figure out what happened, and now they're telling me that they can't figure out what happened since nothing is happening anymore... *NNN*

Margo
Acolyte
Acolyte
Honor: 5
BDO: Tamer
: Tester
Medals: 1

Postby Margo » Fri 2017.01.27, 08:18

So the staff at server is rather slow?

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2017.01.27, 09:50

Margo wrote:So the staff at server is rather slow?

It's not about the slowness, let me think how to make it clearer...basically this was not the first time I have contacted their support and it always goes like that - they firstly assign person that doesn't know anything about fixing anything, that person is supposed to identify the correct department and forward your ticket to the person that supposedly knows something (that is highly understandable, both the time it takes to reply and that they cannot pay salaries for that many professionals, considering the price of hosting), but before that that person hits you with stupid questions (in the same line with that one - "Have you tried to turn your PC off and turn it back on again?") most of which are already answered in the ticket itself...at this point I try to be polite and just quote myself for the most part or clarify what I've mentioned (yeah basically I explain what something means to those that in theory should explain it to me instead), now when that person finally understands whom he/she should forward it to - you wait again for the reply from the person that supposedly knows something...now we start all over again with that person -_-, again quoting myself and stuff...then it's forwarded again and maybe again (at this point my replies look more like quotes on quotes on quotes *lol* )...and finally the person that knows what to do receives the ticket - the problem is fixed very quickly then, but it takes a sheer amount of time and my patience, you feel like you gone through some kind of torture before that and finally arrived at proper support which is a pleasure to work with. This time it stopped at the torture phase though, hence the reason why I'm so critical - basically we just wasted our time, until the problem was gone by itself, all of those who had no idea what to do and me, or at least it seemed so from their replies, maybe in fact they just called someone working at the server and asked them - those said that everything is OK and quickly went fixing it =D who knows...anyway at the end they refused to look at what happened since the problem was gone by that time.
It's kinda hard to go through all of it, calmly repeating myself over and over again, when you feel like the support team has contacted you for support, instead of the other way around (how it should be). IDK they could mark me with some kind of mark that this customer knows what he is talking about - reduce his amount of torture circles.
Well TBH I feel those professionals, as they're working with their support team every day...I know that it's not easier from their side, since I used to work as a "Security admin for a couple of servers + Leading developer of internal desktop/web applications" long time ago (not that I had a bad support team back then - they knew that they know nothing and just contacted me with all kind of server and application problems, that actually weren't the problem most of the time, but later I had a person that talked with them instead of me =D just to filter out the real problems).

Margo
Acolyte
Acolyte
Honor: 5
BDO: Tamer
: Tester
Medals: 1

Postby Margo » Fri 2017.01.27, 14:50

Seems like you had a fun day *ONIONHEROLAUGH*

Return to "News&Changes"