Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Regarding protection from China & Singapore

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Regarding protection from China & Singapore

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sun 2021.05.23, 00:04

There's nothing to worry about for all our visitors from all over the world, I just decided to post a small update regarding the extra protection measures for requests that come from China/Singapore.
These extra protection measures are in place exclusively for Chinese IPs (for over 2 years now) and Singaporean IPs (for over a year). While I can detect quite a handful of real users connecting from these countries, having to deal with these measures, and it does bothers me, unfortunately I can't lift these precautions, as the tries to execute DDoS attacks do persist (averaging at about 4 tries per day) and IPs do indicate either dynamic IPs used or a vast botnet. These tries are very short in time and do indicate, that, /whoever is behind these attempts to take us down, has given up for the most part, and simply checks, on a daily basis, whether I have lifted these DDoS protections that were put in place. Furthermore, this person, or a group of people, do not plan to give up completely, or so it seems, and have mainly switched to attempts to hack our forum instead (it's hard to tell exactly, but from my estimation these tries go on for a bit more than 1 month). These hack attempts started with just a few per day and have reached to about 70-90 attempts spread through the whole day (for like 4 days now), and that does indicates a manual tries to find a hole, that have exceeded the amount of automated DDoS attempts. It is possible that DDoS attacks and Hack attempts might be unrelated, but from the limited amount of info, that I have so far, it seems like there is a single entity behind all of this.
During this whole period of time, and even before it all started, I haven't been contacted, nor received any demands and/or threats. I have no idea who might be behind this or what they're trying to achieve, but, considering the amount of time/money/dedication, one thing is certain - extra protection measures from China/Singapore are here to stay, for quite a while~...

Return to "News&Changes"