Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Our forum is UP once again

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Our forum is UP once again

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2016.06.25, 23:10

Welcome to DoTA.
Our forum stayed down for quite some time, but it is finally back, with new engine, new look and more...

I understand that most of this forum visitors will come here just in order to get BDO Patcher and will move along, I'll give you all the relevant links shortly after few other paragraphs, so skip closer to the end of this post if you're not interested in the rest of it.

Before we will move to the technical side of things, I'd like to thanks all members of the previous DoTA forum and apology for such lengthy downtime.

I don't even know what should I start with *lol* , let's do it this way:
  • New engine. As you can tell I have moved our forum on the new, more modern engine.
  • New style. Well...let's say it like that - it's still in the process, and it's not that simple and fast, to the point that I've locked polls related to the look of our forum =D. Unfortunately I cannot copypaste it from the old forum, since it will not suit to the new engine and simply won't work with it, so deal with it for the nearest future.
  • Old users. I've moved successfully all users with all their profile fields, medals, etc. You will need to reset your password in order to login. Feel free to use contact form if you'll have any troubles with that. All board preferences weren't copied from an old forum, for an obvious reason, so you'll need to tweak them to your likings once again.
  • Old posts and threads. Unfortunately converter from our old engine to the new one is non-existent, so I basically moved them almost with my own hands. Of course such process would take me few month at the best case scenario, so I ended up with decision to leave behind all my forum News (except 1) and other similar threads that are no longer relevant along with old guild threads and similar stuff. I understand that this might disappoint some of our old members, but please try to understand my decision, I myself have lost more posts than any of you and I've also doubled everyone's Honor and Points. Still better than our first big move :)
  • Honor, Points, Medals. I've tried to replicate their old behavior to some extent and now they work almost in the same way.
  • Many things have changed from a technical standpoint (well it's a new engine, what would you expect).
  • New users. New users will now join Newly registered users group, which is a little bit more restrictive than Registered users group, for example their posts will not appear without the approval of moderator. In order to move from Newly registered users group to Registered users group you'll need to make at least 1 relevant post, that will be approved by moderator. I've done so for various reasons, and I might increase the number of verified posts depending on overall new members behavior.
  • All currently hidden sections of this forum will be opened over time (I firstly need to fix broken links and similar stuff over there).

Now let's move to the Launcher (BDO Patcher is a part of it):
  • First of all - it is no longer a closed guild program, now pretty much anyone can use it.
  • Secondly - it's a complete rewrite from the ground up.
  • All previous information about it, release threads, etc. were not copied from the old forum.
  • Old versions are abandoned and can no longer be received. Of course you can still use them if you got them, but I plan to replicate all old functions and behavior in the new one over time.
  • ISN wasn't updated for a while, and won't be until I'll add it to the new version of Launcher.
  • ISN will recognize DoTA clan members and will display some info not viewable by other users. I'm not sure yet when or how I'll implement it, maybe the same way as I did before, maybe not, it's not like there is someone demanding it anyway.

Now regarding BDO Patcher:

That's probably it. I think that I've covered what I wanted to. If you still have some unanswered questions related to the resurrection of our forum and changes in it - feel free to ask them in this thread.
And as a final note - forum has passed all my tests, but keep in mind that I might need to do rollbacks if I've missed something and left some holes. In the nearest future I'll try to save backups rather often, just in case. Let me know if you'll find some major holes or bugs in this forum, thanks in advance.

Return to "News&Changes"