Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Working on v0.7

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Working on v0.7

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2016.12.15, 18:10

Added support for TW server.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Mon 2016.12.26, 03:36

Just an update on how things are going. I've spend a couple of hours yesterday, working on Launcher.
Mainly I've reworked few things for the future, related to modifying Black Desert files (I could leave it as it was, but then later I'd need to rework a lot of code).
Now you'll be able to select in which way to patch with simple patching:
  • Safe (4 files in prestringtable folder, who knows maybe one day it'll work again)
  • Force (modifies meta to force the search of xlsm files in the folder instead of PAZ)
  • Repack (exactly what it sounds - repacks PAZ files with appropriate changes in meta, but note that this thing won't come with v0.7, firstly this needs a lot of testing + the're more urgent stuff)
Few other added/partially added things to come, and other notes:
-Indication of current game meta (version, modified/original) and backup meta. There are still quite a few questions left - like for example detecting meta modded by some other program (having a list of everything stored in meta and rechecking it each time is not the best idea), for now it will decide if the file is original/modified just based on the changes made by "Force" patching style. The problem is not only in indication, but for example that you could backup meta modded by another program and then restoring it would make no sense.
-Button to "Force" in advanced tab. It already works fine for JP, I'll need to copy-paste and make appropriate changes for all other versions and then I can create developer build for volunteers who are willing to modify their meta file and share it with others until v0.7 is out. Should I add a setting to configure which files to "Force checking" for EU/NA versions? I seriously have no idea *THINK*. For now I think that I'll add 3 checkboxes for EN/FR/DE-related files with appropriate indication of meta. I'd like to hear opinions of some translators for EU/NA, and generally how it all works there with 3 different languages, just to have an idea of how it is implemented there. As for the RU - it should work as for all other versions, except that I have no idea yet on what exactly their RU launcher/updater program does and what I'd need to do in order to prevent it checking both meta and PAZs before the start, I'll need to figure that out with RU volunteers (if you're new here I have JP client only, so it's not that easy to work with all other versions and their proprietary soft without direct access to it).
There're quite a few more changes, but that's probably enough for this post, and I haven't done none of that:
KAMIKADzE wrote:Just a small update on how things are going. Basically I've spent a couple of hours on v0.7 through the course of this week. The main work is done, now before the release I need to:
1) Replace existing simple patching code with the one that will use standardized project (easy/time-consuming).
2) Add the ability to select the used projects (easy/might be time consuming, depending on the way that I'll implement it firstly, I might go for the simple way at first and just change that later).
3) Add few things to advanced patching, so that it won't fall behind the functionality of new simple patching =D

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Tue 2016.12.27, 01:17

Another update. Had to reverse today's changes a little bit, for some reason I thought about a cool way to simplify everything, increase speed and lots of other benefits...but it took 1GB RAM / server, so for example if you have all clients on your machine it would consume 5GB of your RAM =D TBH I wouldn't mind it for myself, I have enough of RAM, but not everyone does.
This doesn't mean a lot to you - basically there will be more "holes" on release which I will cover later on, just to not waste time on them (e.g. for example if you'll edit/change meta while the program is working and you won't refresh meta in Launcher, which will have a dedicated button for that, then it might results in error when getting RAW, in some next version I'll add a "Windows listener" that will automatically refresh it if for some reason you'll edit/change meta on the go *BLINK* ...and similar stuff).

I'll probably just update patching button, clone things that need to be cloned and I'll release it as that half-done. Don't switch to PAZv2 in settings ever (I'll let you know when I'll bring it back, I just don't want to waste time on it for now, as all clients uses PAZv3 anyway).
I'll try to finish it in this year, but I also have 1 video for youtube (start of Musindo series) which I'm editing for 2 weeks already...and I want to release it in this year + new patch notes will be soon *TEA* , oh and BDO itself *GAMER*

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2016.12.28, 09:25

I'll probably release v0.7 later today. I want to add 1 more thing before that and that'll be probably it for this year, I'll continue with further development in the next year. I haven't updated "patching button" and new projects aren't completely there yet, anyway I'll explain all that after release.

Return to "Launcher"