Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Working on v0.7b

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Working on v0.7b

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2016.12.28, 21:40

The main goals for this one will be those that I've omitted in v0.7 due to preliminary release (haven't seen such demand for any of the previous versions, like for this half-done release):
  • Schemes list
  • Some error handling
  • Projects
  • "Safe" and "Force" Simple patching
  • Enabled Remove Patch button
You can also check the previous thread for an idea of what else might be included.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Re: Working on v0.7b

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sun 2017.01.22, 13:58

Over the course of this week I've finalized Projects. I still need to add UI in BDO Patcher for proper user interaction with Projects. After that I'll test it on my client and add few error handling. Also I need to add Schemes list. When all of that will be done I'll release v0.7b.

Let's talk a little bit about the upcoming projects.
Projects are basically a small files that contain information about how to patch your client. Usually project files will ship along with translation files used for patch creation. Any translator can create his/her project and redistribute it freely among his/her user base.
Single project can be designed and used for all BDO clients supported by BDO Patcher.
Launcher v0.7b will not contain UI for project creation, so for the nearest future anyone willing to create projects will need to do so by manually editing my project (taking it as example). Also as an early project creator you should be ready for changes as the time pass by, I'll try to make as little project-breaking changes as possible and I'll also make sure to notify you about any upcoming changes beforehand.
As a project creator you'll have access to various internal variables and functions of BDO Patcher, make your decisions based on conditions like client version, if client is already patched, if there is backup, which patching style is selected, etc. and even create your own checkboxes for the user to select. Other than checkboxes you'll also be able to create textboxes for some important information and whatnot + buttons, which can be used to start patching or remove patch, or restore backup or execute any other BDO Patcher function/sequence of functions that you have access to. All of those UI elements you will be able to arrange as you please, and other elements will appear in the future. Apart of UI that can be designed by you, there will be also standardized UI like Project Author name, Project Home Page URL (clickable), description, etc. Also you will be able to include updating URL, for Project update function, which will come with one of the future Launcher versions, but you can prepare already - everything that you'll need will be persistent URL (e.g.: http://mysite.com/A.bpc) for a file generated by Launcher, this file will contain your project name, version and path to ".zip" archive containing your project and all the needed files (e.g.: http://somelongridiculoussite.com/somet ... V2ze4h.zip), more on that later. Also projects will arrive with some of the regex functionality (currently used only to detect some pattern, specific range of characters or whatever else and based on that either replace value with translation one or not).

Well...it probably seems complicated for the project creators - and it is, not even to mention that there is no UI for project creation, but for the general user project creator can simply create "Patch" and "Remove Patch" buttons and that will be it, or you can make the life of your users ridiculously complicated, pretty much as you desire. =D

jicsmart
Wisp
Wisp
Honor: 6
Medals: 2

Postby jicsmart » Wed 2017.01.25, 05:18

Seem older version launcher like 0.6h4 even 0.7a2 can't work with new update BDO KR client.
I hope 0.7b will work again.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.01.25, 06:54

jicsmart wrote:Seem older version launcher like 0.6h4 even 0.7a2 can't work with new update BDO KR client.
I hope 0.7b will work again.

Copy pasta from my PM:
KAMIKADzE wrote:Have you checked if for example they changed some folder names or meta name?
It should be:
Daum Games\Black Desert\paz\pad00000.meta

Also maybe it's your Windows policy, since the game is on C, have you tried to run Launcher as an admin?

Basically program cannot physically locate meta by the set path. Maybe some anti-virus or something restricts its access to that particular file/folder, etc., so just think about what could be the cause in none of the above helped.

Since both of you got it at the same time, probably it's most likely now called pad000000.meta, or something =D
I'll fix that as soon as we'll find out the cause and release an mid-way version, v0.7b will come later.

P.S. You're just collecting clients aren't you? Where's the TW? =D

jicsmart
Wisp
Wisp

Postby jicsmart » Wed 2017.01.25, 07:31

I always run Launcher as admin.
Last week ,It still worked fine with BDO KR but after today patch it doesn't work.

ah, about TW I gave up XD.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.01.25, 08:02

jicsmart wrote:I always run Launcher as admin.
Last week ,It still worked fine with BDO KR but after today patch it doesn't work.

ah, about TW I gave up XD.

So have you checked if the file path or its name has changed?

jicsmart
Wisp
Wisp

Postby jicsmart » Wed 2017.01.25, 08:55

Yes,I already checked it a same name same path.

if I replace a new pad00000.meta with old file,the launcher will detect (It said BDO KR:1353 last week ver.) but still failed.
So I need to replace PAD00792 & PAD02064.paz (last week files) and it works like before.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.01.25, 09:22

jicsmart wrote:Yes,I already checked it a same name same path.

if I replace a new pad00000.meta with old file,the launcher will detect (It said BDO KR:1353 last week ver.) but still failed.
So I need to replace PAD00792 & PAD02064.paz (last week files) and it works like before.

Send me the meta I'll take a look on it.

jicsmart
Wisp
Wisp

Postby jicsmart » Wed 2017.01.25, 09:34

here it is
Last edited by KAMIKADzE on Wed 2017.01.25, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed the link

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.01.25, 09:38

jicsmart wrote:here it is

Thanks. I've removed the link. I'll let you know when I'll find anything.

Return to "Launcher"