Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Working on v0.8

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Working on v0.8

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2021.02.03, 03:28

Margo » Wed 2021.02.03, 02:43 wrote:Initial RAM+Page consumption after the load. Improvement of 69%
RAM+Page consumption after extra time. Improvement of 8%
RAM+Page consumption after converting file with BDO Patcher. Improvement of 75%
RAM+Page consumption after pressing Ctrl+Alt+F4. Improvement of 77%

How is it so much better?

1st, 3rd and 4th are impressive purely due to smart-aggressive part of the reworked memory management =D . If you'd have waited (for a while) after the 3rd and 4th actions then they would look closer to the 2nd one.
2nd one is quite interesting, expected it to be higher even for lightweight users.
Improvement of the Ctrl+Alt+F4 works as expected on your end. No problems reported, so that's also good, +1 positive test.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Tue 2021.02.09, 21:59

Unplanned ALPHA4 update. You've probably expected v0.8, but it's still not quite there yet.
This update addresses the changes in BDO KR client (the only reason for this update).

Other than that^, this update also brings:
  • Few minor memory-management improvements.
  • Tools => Checksum
    F8 variations of all of the Algorithms for Text (F8 variations will also be shown for the File tab, but they're exactly the same for files, they're just there because it's an unplanned update). F8 variations are basically the more common variations of these algorithms and will produce the same results as most alternative software/sites for this purpose. For non-compatible use (with other software/sites), in general, I'd still recommend to use non-F8 variants, but it does depend on the use case.
  • Security tab
    Added the indication of Certificate and a button to install it. This certificate is now used to sign (time-stamped) most of the code-carrying Launcher's files, as well as Installation file.
    These signatures will serve multiple purposes:
    • Simpler installation of drivers and other hard-level parts of Launcher, if they'll be needed.
    • Verification of signed files integrity. As of now only "Launcher.exe" is indirectly verifiable.
      In order to verify these files you'll need to have an installed Certificate on your system (requires Administrator Rights), you can view certificate of the signed files on your own, but in order to verify that they're signed with the correct certificate you'll need to remember all of its details and check those each time, on the other hand with installed certificate you'll see if newer versions of "Launcher.exe" were signed with the same certificate and were not tampered with by 3rd party (certificate's indication will be Lime). That said - verification by hand is also good, at least for the reason that you can check and interpret the time-stamp (e.g.: if the time-stamp of installation is clearly nowhere near the update datetime, or the files are time-stamped past the update datetime, then there's something fishy).
    • In future releases you'll be able to verify new installation files, not only by the provided Checksum, but also by signature.
      It may not sound as much, but it won't hurt, and you can be sure that you install Launcher signed by me. Even if theoretically someone will hack our forum and will post a malicious version of Launcher with the correct checksum - you'll still be able to verify that it's a fishy installation. Basically another level of security.
  • Few minor improvements.
Launcher v0.8 ALPHA4 (167 MB)

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2021.02.27, 00:14

Unplanned ALPHA5 update. Those unplanned updates are getting out of hands.
The only reason for this update is to address a popular demand of getting Loc files from EU/NA(PA), without the client.
Also note that I haven't been contacted by any of the EU/NA volunteers, so client auto-detection is not a thing yet (obv reused clients will be detected, the fresh ones probably won't).

Other than that^, this update also brings:
  • Few minor improvements for certain parts of the certain settings storage.
    *WHAT* well...it's complicated to explain, but things got better =D
  • Added temporal icons for some of the tools, that used no icons, to differentiate them easier from the main window in taskbar.
    Some of those icons may turn out to be permanent, who knows.
  • Security tab
    Added the indication of Pub Certificate.
    Doesn't really work currently.
  • Launch tab
    Slowly bringing the old Launcher's functionality back. Won't go deeply into details, as it's in progress. Apart of the UI things, nothing new, well there is an edit button, but it won't save the state, nor does it allow you to add/delete items yet.
    You can now move your test.ls file wherever you want. The default "L.ls" file will now reside in root folder and can be produced by pressing "Reset default" button. You can press the "Change" button and navigate to select your old test.ls, or you can put it in "Launcher\Launch" folder and it will appear in selection box.
    Not all of the examples were transferred to the new default set and instead of examples it will now contain few websites links and games (I'll be slowly expanding the amount of default games buttons, which will be auto-generated depending on the games installed on your system; Launcher will not scan your system, it'll simply check if the known games are installed, e.g.: like it currently detects BDO clients).
    I'll explain it all properly, when it'll be finished, for now consider it as a 2nd-stage preview, for those who didn't know about test.ls.
  • Console
    Added ReDWM combo, that can be used to refresh DWM.
And that's about it...I think.
Launcher v0.8 ALPHA5 (167 MB)

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2021.03.17, 10:57

Planned ALPHA6 update.
The only reason for this update is to address a change of AC in JP, although not in the way that I planned, I'll quote myself here:
KAMIKADzE » Wed 2021.03.17, 00:39 wrote:An update regarding EAC...well it's awkward, kind of... *BLINK* I simply did not install the EAC and the game runs just fine without it *THINK*
This must be a joke? :D It's probably going to be fixed, after I've posted about it, but oh is it funny. I guess it's a golden time for cheaters. Hopefully I won't be banned alongside :D when they'll figure it out, until then though I do plan to run without this spyware, so...auto-patcher...ehmm, not entirely sure what should I do with it. Well I guess I'll make it for no protection, so it'll simply omit the patcher's check.
What a start for AC though :D just don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that it's bad at detections, but like...how will we know?
Also to be clear, it's not entirely an EAC's fault, as PA should not allow to start the game without EAC running, and I guess they should have tested the process on both sides.

Without EAC renewed auto-patcher works fine (no need to change anything in your setup; just DO NOT select XC3, instead of the default EAC, you'll need it only in case PA will decide to switch back), no idea if it'll work with EAC running in the same manner or EAC will be triggered - feel free to test it and report back, or /wait through this turbulent time, until it all will settle down and I'll have a definitive answer. For now, that I can run without it, I don't plan to test it myself, resisting to install it as long as possible :)
Launcher v0.8 ALPHA6 (167 MB)

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2021.04.09, 22:50

v0.8 can be found at Download thread.

Changes from ALPHA6:
  • BDO Patcher
    • Default cipher settings are no longer overridden, and apply as mentioned previously.
    • Added Cipher's CL setting to FilesEncryption in External FEX.
      CL is applicable only to Ice8 and Ice8Q (it's safe to set it for None as well, but it won't change anything).
      It is NOT necessary to apply any changes to your existing custom FEX, Ice8 and Ice8Q will use CL of 0 by default.
    • Added 3 modes for EAC JP(PA) Auto-Patcher.
      Default mode is BD, which should be used if you play without EAC installed.
      BE is the mode that was used before modes implementation.
      EA should theoretically be used if you play with EAC installed, but no one has tested it (there were no volunteers to test it, nor to give me a proper info on the installed EAC).
  • Another wave of RAM usage improvements, optimizations and reduction of Launcher's physical size.
    Let's call it as that^, cause I'll be tired from trying to note all of those minor improvements. There are also some speed improvements here and there...basically a whole lot of minor improvements (haven't had a whole lot of time, most of the time /pun intended/, so I made small improvements here and there occasionally).

Update to v0.8 is recommended to everyone, regardless of which version you currently use. The only potential downside is a possible CPU and RAM usage increase when Repacking gabillion of files, via BDO Patcher, due to the possibility to change Cipher for Repacking. I haven't properly tested a huge amount of Repacks at the same time, so in case that will be an issue - let me know (it is possible to avoid this potential downside by reusing Ciphers, but that will require quite a bit of time to be implemented, as it's quite a bit more complex than it may sound).

Return to "Launcher"