Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Working on v0.8

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Working on v0.8

Postby KAMIKADzE » Tue 2018.11.20, 00:54

LithStud wrote:Let me know what you would like to know? i have updated my client to new one (upgrade from GameNet version). As far i can tell it looks same as old one (meaning there is still .loc file for language) even tried digging around if i somehow could add a secondary language so it could be selected from launcher =D tho didnt have much look locating launcher specific files - hoped its nod bundled into its exe file).

That would be nice:
KAMIKADzE wrote:Feel free to send me generated BDO RU(PA) info in pm.

Other than that - check if Launcher detected it as RU(PA) and it showed as green. Check if extraction works.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid
Honor: 20
BDO: Tamer
: BDO RU Translator
Medals: 1

Postby LithStud » Tue 2018.11.20, 14:17

KAMIKADzE wrote:Other than that - check if Launcher detected it as RU(PA) and it showed as green. Check if extraction works.

Showed up as green, extranction worked fine (did get raw for buttons and filter). Sending link to info file in a minute =)

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Tue 2018.11.20, 15:18

LithStud wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:Other than that - check if Launcher detected it as RU(PA) and it showed as green. Check if extraction works.

Showed up as green, extranction worked fine (did get raw for buttons and filter). Sending link to info file in a minute =)

Thanks for the sent info, found a bug - Indication of BDO Meta for RU(PA) was using RU(GN) settings, so it would actually show the state of meta only for those who updated their client from RU(GN). Other functionality (BDO Patcher) is not affected by this bug. I've already fixed it and updated the development version.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Tue 2018.11.20, 19:31

Oh thats interesting, thought it would not have any differences between upgraded client and new download. Well good thing it worked *THUMBSUP2*

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Tue 2018.11.20, 23:58

LithStud wrote:Oh thats interesting, thought it would not have any differences between upgraded client and new download. Well good thing it worked *THUMBSUP2*

Launcher loads info on BDO clients during startup, and then uses that info when/where required (takes a bit of RAM, but greatly reduces strain on CPU by omitting the need to load it again when required). Indication of RU(PA) BDO Meta was just referencing RU(GN) info instead of RU(PA), which was caused entirely by my copypasting "skills" =D
RU(PA) was displayed as green for you, simply because RU(GN) was displayed as well, as they were both pointing to the same client, regardless if they were both auto-detected or you've previously set path to RU(GN) manually in the settings, while for the new users Launcher would auto-detect only the RU(PA) client.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Wed 2018.11.21, 09:12

Ahh makes sense :) i had to point installation directory for extraction to work, but thought its normal, not to mention easy thing to do =D

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2019.02.13, 19:38

Upcoming Launcher changes:
  • Fixed issue with Launcher not detecting removal of FEX file, which doesn't support Force/Repack style.
    Along with this fix languagedata and languagedataFull will be removed from internal FEX for JP, EU/NA, TW, SA, TR, SEA, TH, RU(PA) clients.
  • Minor improvements.

Possibly coming with the next update:
  • New SDraw tool.
    Simple screen drawing tool, I'm using it for Rakiaro gathering for quite some time already, but it's not quite ready for the release yet.
    It is non-intrusive, uses transparent window for drawing purposes.
    ARGB color and size selection.
    Ability to Export/Import your drawings.
    Also plan to add Global hotkey detection for quick switch to draw mode, and few other things.

Other things that I'd like to mention:
  • Haven't had the time to finish Ping for Net Monitor and left it at what I have left it. When I finally got back to work on Launcher, I didn't bother to check where I've left it at, as instead I proceeded to creation of SDraw.
    Still plan to finish Ping, but currently no ETA.
  • I have started the work on Scheduler (previously known as code name "Events") tool, but it's just in the preparation state, so don't expect its appearance any time soon.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Mon 2019.02.25, 19:41

Updated the development version.

• Fixes and improvements:
    • Fixed issue with Launcher not detecting removal of FEX file, which doesn't support Force/Repack style.
      Along with this fix languagedata and languagedataFull will be removed from internal FEX for JP, EU/NA, TW, SA, TR, SEA, TH, RU(PA) clients.
    • Lots of minor improvements.
      If you'll experience any new issues, with old functionality, after this update - let me know.
  • New:
    • SDraw (Main window menu Tools).
      Simple screen drawing tool. It is non-intrusive, uses transparent window for drawing purposes.
      It is still not polished and lacks a few things from intended functionality for the release, but the core functionality works so I decided to familiarize you with the UI and how things work, as I'm unsure when I'll get back to finishing it yet.
      UI:
      • Menu -> Settings
        Copypasta settings from Log.
        By default SDraw will hide to tray on exit (can be closed via RMB menu of tray icon).
        • Not sure yet if I should add "Start on startup" as well, so let me know if you'll want it.
        • Option to choose default starting mode is planned.
        • Key Binding for modes and presets are planned. I also plan to add the ability to make modes key bindings global (e.g. will be possible to execute them, while SDraw is not an active window; I plan to let SDraw sit in my tray and press magical key combinations whenever I happen to come across Rakiaro in BDO), basically it will allow to use most of SDraw functionality without SDraw window on your screen.
      • Icons on the top:
        • Undo - pretty self-explanatory.
        • Modes. Currently selected mode glows with LimeGreen color.
          • Eraser mode - Left-click to erase all lines under the mouse point.
          • Precise Eraser mode - Left-click to erase parts of the lines under the mouse point. Erased area will depend on the size of the lines.
          • Drawing mode - Draw with currently selected preset. Color and size depends on the selected preset. It is not possible to draw over SDraw window itself, it is possible to draw underneath it (move SDraw window or send it to tray in order to see what's underneath it).
            SDraw should be pinned in order for your drawing to stay on top of other windows (I plan to make it pinned by default in the future).
          • Cursor mode - Your usual cursor.
        • Clear - Clears everything that you've drawn. It also clears your Redo/Undo.
        • Redo - pretty self-explanatory.
        • Hide drawing - temporarily hide what you've drawn. When your drawing is hidden it glows with Red color, click again to unhide.
      • Icons on the left. Their functionality is not completely implemented yet, so I'll explain them upon their release (their tool-tips are quite self-explanatory).
      • Presets. As of now I've added 5 presets, maybe I'll add ability to add more on your own in the future (not sure about it yet).
        Currently there are no texts explaining what is what.
        On the left side you have color selection (can be selected via mouse on palette, via sliders, or via input in textbox, which accepts hex <#FF000000> and names <Black> input).
        On the right side you have size input (it can be anything starting from 1; e.g.: 5.5555 or 38 or 71.43465).
        All of your changes will automatically save.
        Option to set height and width separately will be added in the future, so that it will be possible to make it oval.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Tue 2019.02.26, 17:05

Just a quick fix for SDraw: Fixed crashes that were caused by switching modes after repeatedly closing and starting SDraw.
If you're using SDraw - update, if you're not using it - you can omit this update.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2019.03.22, 05:51

• BDO Patcher:
    • Removed files from Internal and Default External FEX, that were removed from KR client. Launcher should no longer detect unmodified KR meta as being modified, in case it still does - check out your custom External FEX for the missing files and apply the necessary changes.
  • SDraw:
    • Added Key Bindings for all of the core functionality buttons. By default they are not set.
      Global functionality is not ready for the release yet (this update is primarily due to the reason above^), I need to add a two-way converter between my Keys API and Windows Keys API in order for them to switch with a single checkmark click.
    • Modified "Hide to tray on exit" functionality to work in the same way as it does in the main window (e.g. Press ESC Key <by default> to send it to tray; click the close button to close).
  • Minor fixes and improvements (nothing critical).

Return to "Launcher"