Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

New addition to YouTube partners program

For YouTube discussion and promotion.
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

New addition to YouTube partners program

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2018.01.17, 05:54

If you lived under the rock for the past year and haven't heard about it - YouTube introduced "new intelligent system", which basically demonetized videos randomly, even those made by big channels, that didn't violate rules. Not only that, but also each and every of my newly uploaded videos were flagged as "Limited or no ads"(up to a day without monetization, even though that videos are clearly OK with it afterwards), even though that they didn't violate rules, and this continues to our days. Of course this reduced revenue significantly, but seems like google doesn't want to stop at that:

So now I'll be punished for not posting clickbaity thumbnails and some random attention-grabbing crap...well what can I say, the next step should be to limit video uploads for non-monetized channels to something like 100 MB per week =D
I'm not sure yet, but I'll think about migrating somewhere else, since I don't get that many views either way, and few $ is better than nothing at all, it's a pity that vidme died not so long ago, as that was my backup plan. I'll keep uploading to YouTube for now, but I might abandon it when/if migrated.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Sorcer
Sorcer
Honor: 20
BDO: Tamer
: BDO RU Translator
Medals: 1

Re: New addition to YouTube partners program

Postby LithStud » Wed 2018.01.17, 16:49

KAMIKADzE wrote:If you lived under the rock for the past year and haven't heard about it - YouTube introduced "new intelligent system", which basically demonetized videos randomly, even those made by big channels, that didn't violate rules. Not only that, but also each and every of my newly uploaded videos were flagged as "Limited or no ads"(up to a day without monetization, even though that videos are clearly OK with it afterwards), even though that they didn't violate rules, and this continues to our days. Of course this reduced revenue significantly, but seems like google doesn't want to stop at that:

So now I'll be punished for not posting clickbaity thumbnails and some random attention-grabbing crap...well what can I say, the next step should be to limit video uploads for non-monetized channels to something like 100 MB per week =D
I'm not sure yet, but I'll think about migrating somewhere else, since I don't get that many views either way, and few $ is better than nothing at all, it's a pity that vidme died not so long ago, as that was my backup plan. I'll keep uploading to YouTube for now, but I might abandon it when/if migrated.

Yea youtube seems to be hellbent on destroying any posibility to earn for new channels or those with low sub/views count. Maybe once they start loosing people maybe it will change but i highly doubt it as first we need a good platform to compete with youtube (so it would be forced to listen to what people say).

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2018.01.17, 17:47

LithStud wrote:Yea youtube seems to be hellbent on destroying any posibility to earn for new channels or those with low sub/views count. Maybe once they start loosing people maybe it will change but i highly doubt it as first we need a good platform to compete with youtube (so it would be forced to listen to what people say).

Exactly. The only viable competitor at the moment is Twitch, and that's only for streaming, or I would rather say Twitch is superior for that exact purpose. The closest I know of is Dailymotion, but TBH, while it tries to compete with both YouTube and Twitch, it's not even nearly close to either of those in literally anything.
Even if vidme was still alive - YouTube is almost a monopoly, so they can do whatever they want, and I don't see 'em suffering from their actions any time soon. Those actions will have more of a long-term consequences, YouTube ain't that stupid and wouldn't cut a big chunk of their revenue. That said - I can understand why they do what they do, in the end YouTube is a business and the expensive one, so understandably they will do anything to bring and keep more advertisers at their platform, even those actions that don't really address advertisers concerns, just to pretend doing something.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Sorcer
Sorcer
Honor: 20
BDO: Tamer
: BDO RU Translator
Medals: 1

Postby LithStud » Wed 2018.01.17, 19:10

KAMIKADzE wrote:Exactly. The only viable competitor at the moment is Twitch, and that's only for streaming, or I would rather say Twitch is superior for that exact purpose. The closest I know of is Dailymotion, but TBH, while it tries to compete with both YouTube and Twitch, it's not even nearly close to either of those in literally anything.
Even if vidme was still alive - YouTube is almost a monopoly, so they can do whatever they want, and I don't see 'em suffering from their actions any time soon. Those actions will have more of a long-term consequences, YouTube ain't that stupid and wouldn't cut a big chunk of their revenue. That said - I can understand why they do what they do, in the end YouTube is a business and the expensive one, so understandably they will do anything to bring and keep more advertisers at their platform, even those actions that don't really address advertisers concerns, just to pretend doing something.

One of the ways is to use Patreon and urge subscribers to support through that one. So basically using Youtube just to store video. But again not everybody wants to support.

Return to "YouTube"