Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

ELEX II

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

ELEX II

Postby KAMIKADzE » Tue 2021.06.15, 09:52

Well, pretty much it. ELEX II was just announced few min ago, I somehow managed to become a 3rd viewer of the trailer =D
Not entirely sure of what I feel like about it. IMO devs should've left the ELEX on its own, without continuation, but it was known, for quite a while already, that ELEX II was in the development, so I wasn't surprised. Still, considering the ending of ELEX (there are multiple endings) and that it was the least enjoyable title for me (out of all PB games; not far from Gothic III), I'd rather see a totally new game, or a continuation of the other series. After the trailer...well, let's say that it intensified my feelings, kinda made me sad a bit. Don't get me wrong, I do plan to play it regardless of trailers, reviews and whatnot (just because it's a PB title), and hopefully it'll surprise me in a good way, it's just that, despite the spike in the amount of games (not PB), there's a huge absence of even descent games releases in the past few years, to the point that I prefer to replay old games, rather than playing new ones..., and it doesn't seem like there are some others in the development, other than possibly "Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2" (if you're new here - this post is about RPG, and I'm comparing RPGs with RPGs, so don't get heated up, I know that for example sports genre is going strong, and strategies are in even worse situation than RPGs, still if you'll count all genres then my point will stand true regardless).
Not going to recommend it at this moment, but if you're interested in ELEX II you can follow it on Steam. Not sure if I'll be able to play through it right upon release, so don't hold your purchase decision, if it's based on my opinion. Also I do wonder how they have worked around the multiple endings problem (like if it'll be selectable at start, or they've chosen the "right" one, etc.), so if you'll start to play before me - don't spoil the start for me *THUMBUP* thanks.

P.S. If you've never heard about the first ELEX, and you're interested, then you might want to check out the ELEX thread or search for some reviews on the web. You have a plenty of time to finish ELEX inb4 ELEX II.

Return to "Other games"