Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Perfect New World

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Perfect New World

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2023.04.26, 17:04

Today I'd like to introduce you to the new upcoming MMORPG:
Name: Perfect New World
Genre: MMORPG
Publisher: IRONCORE GAME STUDIO
Developer: IRONCORE GAME STUDIO
State: 2nd CBT TBA
OffSite: https://pnw.perfectworld.com
Commercial model: F2P - Cash shop.
Steam, YouTube, Discord.

Official description:
IRONCORE GAME STUDIO wrote:Perfect New World is an Eastern Fantasy MMORPG, where you shall become a Soul Tamer and search for the reincarnated Prime! Immerse yourself in this fantasy world experience seamlessly as you overcome the dangerous challenges and unveil the mysteries this world has to offer! Team up with friends and explore the secrets scattered across the world, and help its inhabitants solve their various troubles through capturing Spirit Beasts, clearing dangerous dungeons, or conquering monsters in the wilds. Or, if you prefer competing, you can choose to fight other players! Unleash your powerful skills on your opponents and enjoy great combat where every hit packs a punch!

For some reason it looks to me like a mix of TERA and Blade & Soul, although the footage might look a bit misleading, as the devs claim that they have "implemented a skill release mechanism that's free of lock-on targeting", which might mean full non-target or might not and the responsiveness is even more under the question (for some reason I see TERA). With all of that said - it does look promising and will even have a playable CBT soon, and on top of that devs also claim that they'll listen to the beta testers and their feedback, so the game might end up even better than it looks now (I'm not about the visuals), or it might end up like Elyon (well not really, PNW already managed to get this post, so I'd rather say "almost like").
I will not be a part of CBT, at the very least due to system requirements, but I'll try to find some descent YouTube overview of parts of or the whole game (I'll add them to this post) and will be monitoring the state of this game.
There's not a whole lot more, that I have, to say about it, as for now we only have a couple of promising videos and claims. In case you're interested - check out this game on Steam and subscribe to its YouTube.

Some videos from CBT:

So, from the most reports so far:
-Combat. Some say that it is a mix of TERA and B&S, just as it looked like to me from the official footage (see my comments above^), others say that it is a mix of BDO and B&S, some claim that it is a worse version of BDO. So most likely it's a mix of TERA, BDO, B&S or such variety of opinions is caused by inexperience of those players in 1/2 out of 3 mentioned games. Basically it's a clunky non-target action combat, although there is a target lock option, which will target for you in exchange of spinning camera. Most agree that PvE was very easy. This is not a verdict to the game, as it should be possible to polish it out, unless the underlying mechanics are exactly as in TERA.
-World. Descent size for the CBT, but it is empty + transparent spots and other glitches.
-Progression. Looks like mobile-style. Gear - collect things and press "improve" button, collect transformations and improve them with button, and overall many beta testers said that they felt like playing a mobile game. Some fear that it will turn out as P2W as mobile games.
-UI and settings. Some testers complain that it is terrible, but from the gameplay videos that I've seen - it's fine, sure the menu/inventory/map/other windows are mobile/console-like, but the GUI itself looks good and as for the CBT there were plenty of customization settings. Shouldn't be too difficult to add proper PC windows later down the line.
-Graphics. Well you can check it out yourself. Do note though, that the performance with those graphics, as of now, is quite demanding, so it's difficult to say what it will look like after the optimization, and even as is it doesn't look any better than a lot of already existing old MMOs with significantly lesser hardware demands.

All in all this game is definitely unfinished as of now, not even close to anything descent, and will most likely die quite fast, if released any time soon, but if devs will listen to CBT players and polish the game, then it might end up as a descent game. CBT reports and gameplay did lower my expectations regarding this game, and I haven't had a high expectations to begin with. It still doesn't look like a grab-cash-and-close type of game to me, but devs do need to polish the combat and add more content to the game, at the very least, for that to be true, now whether they have funds to continue development, for such a lengthy period of time, is another question.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Perfect New World

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2023.10.12, 05:53

PNW is preparing for 2nd CBT. If you want to become a beta tester - Click HERE for more info.
I've also updated some info in the main post.

Return to "Other games"