Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

The International 2014 discussion thread

RocketBarrage
Acolyte
Acolyte
Honor: 10
Mood: Great

The International 2014 discussion thread

Postby RocketBarrage » Wed 2014.06.18, 14:15

Championship format can be viewed here - http://www.dota2.com/international/format

Made this thread for discussion on what team will take what place, and generally about event.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: The International 2014 discussion thread

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2014.06.18, 19:06

I haven't watched latest matches, not even to mention that I don't know every team that made their path to The International, hence I will make any decisions only after "Playoffs". But I guess that I already know few teams that will be eliminated during playoffs and few that will get to the main event brackets.

RocketBarrage
Acolyte
Acolyte

Postby RocketBarrage » Sat 2014.07.12, 08:50

KAMIKADzE wrote:I haven't watched latest matches, not even to mention that I don't know every team that made their path to The International, hence I will make any decisions only after "Playoffs". But I guess that I already know few teams that will be eliminated during playoffs and few that will get to the main event brackets.

And so what, have you guessed? And who do you think will win this International?

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2014.07.12, 16:23

RocketBarrage wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:I haven't watched latest matches, not even to mention that I don't know every team that made their path to The International, hence I will make any decisions only after "Playoffs". But I guess that I already know few teams that will be eliminated during playoffs and few that will get to the main event brackets.

And so what, have you guessed? And who do you think will win this International?

Pretty much yeah, guessed all except that I didn't expect Alliance to be at 6 bottom teams that will be eliminated, though it is still final day before elimination and they might get over LGD or NewBee as well as NaVi US can also move one of those, they have played even better than original NaVi in first days of "Standings".
As for the winner, dunno, from new I pretty much liked Cloud9 and ViCi Gaming, even though that last one has few "old" players I consider them as new.
I do expect to see all 7 teams that are currently leading in at the final matches (EG, DK, IG, C9, ViCi, NaVi, Liquid) as well as LGD and Newbee. I would vote for ViCi from what I see now they have the best tactic and moderately good/great picks, they always try to win as fast as possible but if they see that they can't then they fall back and aim for the late game, and their pick most always support both early and late, as well as great counterpicks and good teamplay. Most likely in the end they'll fight with Newbee, as much as I'd like to see there Cloud9 I don't think they'll be capable to reach there, so most likely in final we will see ViCi vs Newbee.

RocketBarrage
Acolyte
Acolyte

Postby RocketBarrage » Mon 2014.07.21, 14:08

KAMIKADzE wrote:
RocketBarrage wrote:

Pretty much yeah, guessed all except that I didn't expect Alliance to be at 6 bottom teams that will be eliminated, though it is still final day before elimination and they might get over LGD or NewBee as well as NaVi US can also move one of those, they have played even better than original NaVi in first days of "Standings".
As for the winner, dunno, from new I pretty much liked Cloud9 and ViCi Gaming, even though that last one has few "old" players I consider them as new.
I do expect to see all 7 teams that are currently leading in at the final matches (EG, DK, IG, C9, ViCi, NaVi, Liquid) as well as LGD and Newbee. I would vote for ViCi from what I see now they have the best tactic and moderately good/great picks, they always try to win as fast as possible but if they see that they can't then they fall back and aim for the late game, and their pick most always support both early and late, as well as great counterpicks and good teamplay. Most likely in the end they'll fight with Newbee, as much as I'd like to see there Cloud9 I don't think they'll be capable to reach there, so most likely in final we will see ViCi vs Newbee.

Just lulz, I wonder if you have guessed the winner, well we'll see today :)
I would never thought to see ViCi in final, neither I thought that C9 will get so far and you have spotted them, kudos.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Tue 2014.07.22, 07:00

RocketBarrage wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:
RocketBarrage wrote:

I would never thought to see ViCi in final, neither I thought that C9 will get so far and you have spotted them, kudos.

Nope I didn't, as you saw. The weirdest final ever.

RocketBarrage
Acolyte
Acolyte

Postby RocketBarrage » Tue 2014.07.22, 13:23

KAMIKADzE wrote:
RocketBarrage wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:
RocketBarrage wrote:

Nope I didn't, as you saw. The weirdest final ever.

Completely agree really weird. First match ViCi just raped NewBee like real newbie but then lost 3 matches in a row like if they got paid for it, from the other side at least it was not 2 hours per game.

Return to "Tavern"