Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

CBT 15-19.09.2011

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

CBT 15-19.09.2011

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2011.09.08, 20:53

This is what I have rcvd today:

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Re: CBT 15-19.09.2011

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2011.09.15, 11:52

So CBT started...currently downloading the game and I'll let you know of my impressions later on (mb even today).

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2011.09.15, 20:57

So what should I start with...the installation client takes 2GB.

So you start with somekind of intro tutorial, it was so long before the tutorial started and I was in hurry so I killed first enemies
then I moved to some stairs and well I just quited the game
When I came back that tutorial intro started again and I just skipped it -_-
Now it is the time to create char:

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2011.09.15, 21:07

After you've created char you start in the town
Quests are kinda boring to read, you just skip it like crazy but it still take a lot of time -_-
Quest are very rewarded with different things like new dungeons, equip, exp, skill points, etc. so they are kinda good to do.

Before you go to dungeon you move to some ship:
There you can make pt, also there is shop... (it's like lobby).
When you start the dungeon (see button on the bottom-left in the screen above) it actually starts:

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2011.09.15, 21:46

Picture before your dungeon starts:
Video:

So first of all kicks and smashes with hands, etc. I liked those things a lot :)
You can also take a lot of things from environment and enemies dead bodies to smash or throw them.
Many things are destroyable.
Skills, well they are divided into passive and active.
Passive are like in every game - passive, while active here isn't - it is just a combination of keys you're already using to fight but you can't make that "skill" until you'll learn it.
Level, well I didn't get why it is so khmmm...well it automatically increase your stats (and that's all) it is also required for equipment and dungeons as a lvl cap.
There are a lot of different traps and such objects in dungeons.
Combo. Well combo is very easy to do you just attack and attack (but you shouldn't miss or your combo is getting worser, the better combo you do the more bonus dmg you deal - at least this is how I got it), there is a huge time capacity for next hit, no need to press like crazy.

In order to craft something you need material which are obtainable from dungeons or other players via trade. Crafting is possible at the crafting NPC in town, same enchanting, etc.

This is how inventory looks like:

Ok that's all for now.
Mb I'll add something later.

P.S. Some bugs you may see in the video...well it's CBT.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2011.09.16, 14:31

So here I am again.
Let's talk about titles. There are plenty of 'em, they are given for some quests, for xx mobs killed in some way, etc.
You can choose only 1 of them to be displayed above your head, but in fact all of them give you their stats.

Party for dungeons, huh I really don't feel the difference between solo and pt in this game :S only a bit faster (drop is not shared, everyone got his drop).
The real point to go in pt is only to get DP (dungeon points) they are obtainable for soloing, pt, killing someone with something and actually clearing the dungeon (this thing is made for the fact that you need to go few times the same dungeon). Those points are needed in orderd to go in the higher dungeons.
Those dungeon are already looking almost the same ffsure...and I need to do it few times? :S
Well it started being a bit annoying.
Combo is easy as a pie.
Quests are boring as hell now, the same - bring "list of items" to "person"...and you should farm dungeon until you got those items...NO Comments. And you need the same things for the good craftable items (so you choose to finish quest or to make a good item)...
Dungeon DP quests are getting more and more retarded, like "kill the boss only with environment objects".
After 10 lvl the lvl is going so slowly, especially cause you can't finish any quest -_-
And skills OMFG...no descriptions - I learned 1 skill (wasted skill exp) and you know what that skill use your HP points to be "casted", the F??? ok let it be, but hey it is almost the same combination like my another skill...and you can't get it back or even delete that skill. (I hope this is only during beta).

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2011.09.16, 18:44

Few more things:
1)Those things that I called "dungeon points" in fact are called Battle Points.
2)Not viewable description on skill was pretty good bug, now it is shown as it should be.
3)If you want some materials - check from what boss/mob they drop - then go to the travel board and look through the dungeons info to find the one that you need.
4)Your combo breaks down if you're hitted.

P.S. The main dangers in this game aren't mobs or RB but the traps...you need to have your eyes opened.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2011.09.17, 14:55

I'm already 18 lvl and what else interesting I can tell you...firstly - dungeons are getting more interesting than they were before.
More than one boss:
There are even 3 bosses at once (haven't made screen).

Different climbing, traps, some things like you should move this in order to destroy that if you want to move along, etc.

Swimming objects, while others aren't:

Hit the duck to hear duck sound:

Various bosses appearance:

Especially I liked the one that looks like Axe in DoTA xD

And really a lot of ppl participating in beta, few thousand for sure.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sun 2011.09.18, 10:43

Probably last post on this CBT. Just a video and some screens.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Mon 2011.09.19, 10:30

Await new thread on the next beta.

Return to "News & Info"