Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Intro to Aura Kingdom

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Intro to Aura Kingdom

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sun 2014.04.06, 13:42

Aura Kingdom (aka Fantasy Frontier) is a mix of Cabal, C9 and Luna Online (IMO), thus it uses partially target and partially non-target attacks. Visuals are a complete mix of all 3 games mentioned above. Also this game has plenty of references to different films (e.g. LordOfTheRings, Iron Man...) in a comical form, and many many other stuff you can see under the spoiler below in a form of screenshots.
SS

This game has plenty of different quests, though most of them end up as usual - Kill this kill that or gather this gather that.
What I find the most uncomfortable about this game? Well let me think about it..., probably a lack of info on Active Skills under the Path of Envoy, which is a part of skill system (skill system is kinda divided in 3 parts + stats), this Path of Envoy is ~ripoff Path of Exile passive skill tree, it is actually the very same but you don't improve it on each lvl, also you got active skill here which divides into "You can use this skill with your main class weapon + *this* weapon" which can be few different weapons which you will be able to wear if you'll get a secondary class with this weapon, which you can choose on 40 lvl (haven't got there yet myself, but pretty close) and none of those skills display any dmg/cooldowns/as/etc. and you can't even view how it works or what it does whatsoever, the only way to find it is within youtube and still without any description, hopefully that will be "fixed" when the game will be released (currently it is in OBT phase).
As for the soloing in this game - it is pretty easy, the only thing I couldn't solo so far are dimensional bosses and not because they are so strong, but because you simply aren't allowed to solo them, thus I have omitted them for now (you should be in a party of 3 to start the stage).

And in the end I would like to mention that I have already established our Guild over there ;)

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Re: Intro to Aura Kingdom

Postby KAMIKADzE » Tue 2014.04.08, 00:33

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the game so far, that I have played a few more days.

Well first of all I do really like it :)
This game surely has its own atmosphere.

When it comes to complicity it is quite complicated, the only game I can compare it to is Cabal. Here we have Eidolon (pet) system with many features, crafting, cooking, fusing, enhancing, infusing, as I have already mentioned in previous post skills divided into several parts not even to mention second class skills, fishing and many more.
As for the fishing if I have already touched this question - it's not that complicated, you just need to get the right time to press and hold LMB + have descent fishing gear, all you do is just click LMB periodically depending on where fish swims.
Besides forgot to mention in previous post that the world is partially-open (players can run on it but it is divided into several maps). This game got dungeons also, they divide into solo, pt and dimensional (first two are obvious and the last one I have mentioned in previous post).

Is it a grindfest? Nah, I wouldn't say so, max "Kill for quest" in amounts goes up to 14-17 monsters of one type, and usually after that you are done with that type of monster, though not always. The only stupid quest in terms of grinding was the one on 42 or 44 lvl that forced you to grind eternity for 1 item loot from mobs, drop percentage of which is probably, approximately, 1% chance.
And if we already talk about quests I'll mention that there is a stupid quest which you can finish only via cash shop, I find that ridiculous, but as far as I have dug out - it doesn't influence on anything (hopefully it doesn't give achievement, otherwise :().

Now back to more pleasant things, as I have already said that I do enjoy this game and that it got its own atmosphere, which for me consists from two parts:
1)Side-stories. A lot of unique side-stories, dialogs, etc. etc. The one that I have remembered probably for few years of my life or even to eternity is the story with a mage called Edward. Not that the main storyline is bad or smth., but I find side-stories to be a stronger core of the game.
2)References. LordOfTheRings, Iron Man, Terminator, Ninja Turtles...etc. =D

And a few more screens from the game that shows partially all of the above and ofc more flying :) more pleasant and more faster than my current mount.
Ontopic

P.S. Wrote this post in the night before going off, might contain some mis-understandability.

RocketBarrage
Acolyte
Acolyte
Honor: 10
Mood: Great

Postby RocketBarrage » Wed 2014.04.09, 13:07

Thank you for a "short" review. Started to play it. If I will have lot of time to play it then I will consider joining your guild maybe.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2014.04.09, 18:50

RocketBarrage wrote:Thank you for a "short" review. Started to play it. If I will have lot of time to play it then I will consider joining your guild maybe.

We don't have any playtime restrictions whatsoever, neither we force to play at a stated time nor playing in party, so if it is the only thing that bothers you - it shouldn't.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2014.04.19, 15:20

Small up about the game - unfortunately grinding starts from lvl 53, and grinding in this game is awful, mobs give very low amount of EXP, the only way to lvl is to run dungeons and daily quests. Lvl 55 so far, bored as ... :D
Apart of grinding game is pretty fun and interesting, especially up till lvl 53.

RocketBarrage
Acolyte
Acolyte
Honor: 10
Mood: Great

Postby RocketBarrage » Wed 2014.04.23, 13:30

KAMIKADzE wrote:Small up about the game - unfortunately grinding starts from lvl 53, and grinding in this game is awful, mobs give very low amount of EXP, the only way to lvl is to run dungeons and daily quests. Lvl 55 so far, bored as ... :D
Apart of grinding game is pretty fun and interesting, especially up till lvl 53.

How pitiful *VERYSAD*

Return to "News & Info"