Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

BDO JP - 27.12.2017 Patch Notes

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

BDO JP - 27.12.2017 Patch Notes

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.12.27, 10:32

■ About the next appearance of "Bell"
From now on, it should appear every Sunday between 15:00-17:00, on the channels mentioned below.

<Date of occurrence>
Appears between 15:00-17:00 on 2017.12.31 (Sunday)

<Appearance channels>
Magoria 1-4, Kamasilvia 1-2

Get gifts according to login time! "Snowflake Event"!

Snow Flower acquisition period: 2017.12.28 00:00 - 2018.01.17 Maintenance
Snow Flower exchange period: 2017.12.28 00:00 - 2018.01.24 Maintenance

The usual increased droprate of Black Stones, Black Crystal Sculptures and Pieces of Ancient Ruins event

Period: 2017.12.27 Maintenance - 2018.01.10 Maintenance

Pearl Box exchange campaign

Period: 2017.12.27 Maintenance - 2018.01.04 Maintenance

Lvl UP to further heights during New Year! Combat EXP event

Period: 2017.12.27 Maintenance - 2018.01.04 Maintenance
Combat EXP +100%

Skills changes

Changes:

Specification change on World Boss
● Changed to disappear if its HP doesn't drop to 70% or below after 15 minutes have elapsed since World Boss appeared
● Improved the drop system so that more adventurers get the opportunity to acquire the boss weapons box
· Now adventurers with the top 80% of the damage given to the World Boss will acquire items.
· In case the number of participants is below a certain number - all participants will acquire items.
● Adjusted droprates for the adventurers with low damage output, so that they can acquire boss weapons box as well
· Probability that the top damage adventurer can acquire boss weapon box reduced by about 60%
· Probability that the medium damage adventurer can acquire boss weapon box raised by about 20%
· Probability that the low damage adventurer can acquire boss weapon box raised by about 30%
● Boss weapon box droprate raised by 50%

Changes to specifications of characters
● Changed default Wizard appearance to young wizard
· Change the display of character creation, portrait and pearl shop etc.
● Increase the speed of character movement with harpoons/fishing rods.
● Weapon will now disappear during "Sleeping" action

Specification change on items
● Change the weight of special gold bins acquired as quest rewards
· Bulldari gold block
· Lauren gold block
· Citizen bank gold bullion
● The grade of "good feed" and "organic agricultural feed" items changed to green
● Changed the purchase price of "Cheap Feed" to 3,000 silver
● Change the weight of "organic agricultural feed" to 0.2 LT
● Added content on how to use item in the description of Alchemy/Elemental Stone
● Added Skill EXP +20% to "Book of Combat" effect
● Fixed explanation about how to make Elemental Water with fragments of various Elemental Stones
● Items that can be earned for explanation of the next item
· Crystal fragments of ancient ruins
· Crystal summons of ancient ruins
· Documents of contraindications
· Cartier's magic book
· scrolls recorded in old words
· magic book of Firaba
· Manshyaum Magical Doll
· Manshyaum Nak Stone
● Fix to display eating motion properly when using "giggle" in safe area
● Dismantling time of "Fence", "Fortress/Command Center", etc., after installation, changed to 15 seconds
● Added a new item "Fairy's Powder"
● Cancelled belonging of awakening weapons box earned before 2017.12.20 maintenance

Specification change concerning NPC/Monster
● Kamasilvia Mushroom stone shell crabs changed position between rocks a little away in the Naban Grassland near the Miscellaneous NPC "Mildon"
● Fixed a phenomenon that monsters targeting players rarely becomes 6 or less in Ronaross Forest area.
● Fixed so that motion when Saunil mobile type stone machine was attacked is naturally displayed
● Fixed a phenomenon that caused unnatural behavior when attacking Ronaross Forest scout who did not target player
● Corrected Ronaross Forest scout action to look more naturally
● Fixed the guided position to gain knowledge of NPC "Gorgas" when there is no knowledge

Specification change concerning contents
● Fixed a problem that cannot be missed from the contribution level when escaping from a Barbarian's Crack before 4th phase

Specification change concerning UI
● Change F1 key to display help instead of key array
● Fixed beer to open worker list when beer was used
● Fixed a phenomenon that chicken meat icon was not found in production note
● Fixed the phenomenon that Magoria was displayed in the breakdown of world map Node/Castle warfare
● Change the size of the purchase button on the exchange window to a larger extent
● Summary of Pearl Shops Delete hair button effects
● Added shop preview of monster pet box at Pearl Shop

System specification change
● Removed cooldown time when putting items in inventory
● Fixed a problem that cannot escape using emergency escape while being caught by grab skill
● Expanded safety area of ​​the Demi River across the Heidel city by an average of 3m

Unofficial Notes:

Haven't got the time to go through whole update, but checked "possibly upcoming events":
  • [EV] Good Luck, Fortune Cookie.
    Period: 2018.01.05 00:00 - 2018.01.17 Maintenance
    Receive event quest every day from [EV] Fortune Cookie or obtain Black Stone (Weapon), Black Stone (Armor) from [EV] Fortune Cookie for Beginner Adventurer.
    Basically the same event as in previous times.
  • Guild Login Reward
    Period: TBA - 2018.06.30 23:59
  • New & Return Bonus
    Period: TBA - 2018.03.28 23:59
    The same event as in previous times. Reward table is currently unknown.
  • Another Daily login event
    Period: TBA - 2018.02.07 23:59

Cash shop:

Margo
Acolyte
Acolyte
Honor: 5
BDO: Tamer
: Tester
Medals: 1

Re: BDO JP - 27.12.2017 Patch Notes

Postby Margo » Thu 2017.12.28, 01:55

Glad to see unofficial notes again :) was there anything else interesting added?

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2017.12.28, 02:22

Margo wrote:Glad to see unofficial notes again :) was there anything else interesting added?

Not really (I haven't checked everything though, as was already mentioned in the post).
That said, here are few interesting things for you:
  • GMs forgot to post about the UI additions to pets window (related to feeding pet, implemented with this update).
  • There are various thing added to the client, from time to time, related to the next territory on the mainland - Drigan (aka Dragan, in Korean it's 드리간 Drigan, but devs call it as Dragan in EN *WALL* ).
  • Upcoming Mystic awakening weapon has...uhmmm..."name" that will be definitely altered in EU/NA client, I wonder how =D . In my translation I named it as "Blue Wave Angle" (청파각), where Blue Wave can also be translated as Blue Hills, which is basically a name of the district in Seoul (couldn't find any historical weapons with that naming, so probably some dev live in that district or something like that).

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid
Honor: 20
: BDO RU Translator

Postby LithStud » Thu 2017.12.28, 09:37

KAMIKADzE wrote:
Margo wrote:Glad to see unofficial notes again :) was there anything else interesting added?

Not really (I haven't checked everything though, as was already mentioned in the post).
  • GMs forgot to post about the UI additions to pets window (related to feeding pet, implemented with this update).
  • There are various thing added to the client, from time to time, related to the next territory on the mainland - Drigan (aka Dragan, in Korean it's 드리간 Drigan, but devs call it as Dragan in EN *WALL* ).
  • Upcoming Mystic awakening weapon has...uhmmm..."name" that will be definitely altered in EU/NA client, I wonder how =D . In my translation I named it as "Blue Wave Angle" (청파각), where Blue Wave can also be translated as Blue Hills, which is basically a name of the district in Seoul (couldn't find any historical weapons with that naming, so probably some dev live in that district or something like that).

there is couple Cestus for Mystic :) now granted i am translating from russian =) there was Sea Devil Cestus (my translation as it sounded fairly good =) ). There is also family name changes to such as "Legend", "Mage" etc. Also Russians going to call latest addition Lahn and started adding items for her :) (so yea i am busy translating as most of those are not in EU yet)

Hmm also i had translated some items set as Dragon's Helmet etc., but now i am wondering if it shouldnt be Dragan xD

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2017.12.28, 12:48

LithStud wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:

there is couple Cestus for Mystic :) now granted i am translating from russian =) there was Sea Devil Cestus (my translation as it sounded fairly good =) ). There is also family name changes to such as "Legend", "Mage" etc. Also Russians going to call latest addition Lahn and started adding items for her :) (so yea i am busy translating as most of those are not in EU yet)

Hmm also i had translated some items set as Dragon's Helmet etc., but now i am wondering if it shouldnt be Dragan xD

Translation in RU version was always the worst =D . It feels like they often just ignore original, and instead of translation come up with whatever they think describes "something" as they think it should've been in the first place. By the way I'm not surprised that they're going to call Ran as that, and I wouldn't be surprised to see EU/NA doing so as well, someone overplayed Vindictus, and thought it would be good to copypaste without being too copypastish (there's Lann in Vindictus). If I'm not mistaken, the original name Ran, which by the way is properly called by developers as "Ran" in EN, comes from some Chinese movie, where the character named Ran wields those weapons, although I'm not sure how accurate that rumor is, as I haven't seen that movie.

Mystic awakening costume is called "Blue Dragon" (반하, alternatively "Azure Dragon", might be wrong on this one though, as I don't know Korean even remotely well, and I failed to find trustful source), so that might be what you have translated, as I don't recall coming across Drigan/Dragan armor or whichever other gear with its name.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Thu 2017.12.28, 18:27

Yea when i was looking up on the net i was leaning towards Ran as well (as you said womam with flying swords (russian name for weapon xD ) )

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2017.12.28, 19:36

LithStud wrote:Yea when i was looking up on the net i was leaning towards Ran as well (as you said womam with flying swords (russian name for weapon xD ) )

In Korean character name is read as:
란 (Ran), where:
ㄹ = r/l (usually r at the beginning of word, l at the end, there are various exceptions to this rule, so it is possible to make l at the beginning as well, but in this particular case it should be r)
ㅏ = a
ㄴ = n

Japanese, Korean and Chinese - all have problems with l and r, so it's of no surprise that everyone translate it to their liking. It's like a worsen case of "e" in English.

Welp, just checked the KR webpage again (mentioned there), and it seems like KR publisher has changed Ran to Lahn =D even though that initially when I linked that page it was Ran =D
Now I wonder if developers will change the character name completely *THINKING* , maybe that's in order to distinguish another English collision - Ran vs Run *THINK* , still not as bad as RU translation, where Mystic was released before devs created Mystic =D

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Thu 2017.12.28, 19:50

KAMIKADzE wrote:Now I wonder if developers will change the character name completely *THINKING* , maybe that's in order to distinguish another English collision - Ran vs Run *THINK* , still not as bad as RU translation, where Mystic was released before devs created Mystic =D

That that one is a nuisance for me now =D i see Mystic but have to remind myself that nope i need to change it to Tamer =D

Return to "News & Info"