Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

BDO RU - Fresh start (aka full wipe) cancelled

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

BDO RU - Fresh start (aka full wipe) cancelled

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2018.10.13, 12:54

For around a month it was known that Pearl Abyss plans to take BDO RU publishing from GameNet into their own hands. I have no idea how their contract looked like, but most likely the decision to not prolong the contract was made by PA based on their share of BDO RU revenue (regardless if it was flat or some percentage).
12.10.2018 was a contract deadline, and since both sides failed to negotiate data/server transfer up to the deadline - PA decided to stop negotiations and start working on a fresh BDO RU start.
Previously it seemed like everything went smoothly, both sides were saying that they're in touch with each other about the publisher change...and now both blame each other for not agreeing in time to their deal, I guess we'll never truly know which side was the stubborn one.
So what does this mean?:
  • GN BDO RU accounts and data related to them will be handled in accordance with RU law.
  • PA BDO RU will start fresh, without GN accounts and their data. Basically you'll need to register on new BDO RU site and start all over again.
  • No compensation planned from either side, at least as of now.
  • Since negotiations have failed, and GN owns rights for their RU translation - PA will need to translate BDO RU on them own. They plan to use actual Russian translators for this.
  • Since there's no RU translation on PA's hands, PA thought about launching BDO RU with EN translation for the time being, but their internal brainstorming session lead to the conclusion that they should not do that and that they should wait for RU localization before restarting BDO RU. Basically this means that BDO RU will be down for some time, until PA manages to translate whole game.
  • Since PA plans to translate everything, up to/including Drieghan - most likely BDO RU will relaunch with all content up to/including Drieghan.
  • GN is still open to negotiations with PA on the players data transfer, at least that's what they claim, so theoretically data transfer might still happen, although if they failed to negotiate before the deadline, I highly doubt that they will succeed afterwards. Nevertheless you can still try to spam them with emails and petitions, in before the data is completely gone (I'm not competent enough in RU law to state any deadlines).

Some of the sources:

Pearl Abyss decided to escalate their tension with GameNet and posted more info about this situation:
  • GameNet has denied access of Pearl Abyss to BDO RU servers starting from August, basically preventing Pearl Abyss to update/fix BDO RU and of course to initiate data transfer preparations.
  • According to the contract - GameNet is obliged to transfer BDO RU database to Pearl Abyss.
    In order to transfer BDO RU database, according to law - GameNet has to get every user's agreement (as far as I understood it - basically only those users that would agree during certain period would have their data transferred to the new servers, don't think about it as if all users should agree or it's not going to happen).
    And again, according to the contract - GameNet should be in charge of this data transfer process.
  • According to the contract - in order to use BDO RU localization, developed by GameNet, Pearl Abyss has to buy it (kinda obvious), but Pearl Abyss is not locked by the contract and can make its own decision if it should or should not buy it.
  • In Pearl Abyss's opinion - GameNet overpriced their RU localization, and since they failed to negotiate on acceptable price - Pearl Abyss decided to make their own RU localization of the game, as that would be way cheaper.
  • According to the contract - BDO RU database transfer and RU localization aren't related in any way, thus the decision of Pearl Abyss not to buy RU localization should not influence on the database transfer process. Pearl Abyss has all rights to receive BDO RU database.
    GameNet went against the contract and uses BDO RU database, basically BDO RU players, as a hostages, preventing the initiation of database transfer process.
  • GameNet wanted to continue their contract and started their protest in August with database access prevention.
  • As far as I understood (can be wrong on this one), according to law - GameNet can simply wipe BDO RU database and transfer it like that, so that it would cover the legal side of things and Pearl Abyss won't receive anything useful, so court regarding database transfer is not an option.
  • If GameNet will transfer BDO RU database to Pearl Abyss - Pearl Abyss is ready to use it and start BDO RU servers with all that data, but if that won't happen - BDO RU servers will have a fresh start. So again - theoretically data transfer might still happen, you can still try to spam them with emails and petitions, in before the data is completely gone.

Source:
Pearl Abyss 2nd post about this topic.

Pearl Abyss and GameNet managed to agree on everything:
  • Fresh start was cancelled, GameNet will transfer all BDO RU data to Pearl Abyss.
  • Pearl Abyss will buy GameNet's RU localization and will merge it with what PA managed to translate meanwhile.
  • The exact details on the data transfer process will be posted by GameNet on their BDO RU site. Players will be required to agree to the data transfer, so stay tuned for the details.
  • Pearl Abyss will send presents to all transferred and newly registered accounts.
    Pearl Abyss prepares "unique events" for BDO RU reopening.

Source:
Pearl Abyss 3rd post about this topic.

Application to transfer your account from GN to PA was opened. Click HERE to visit the application page.
Application period prior to PA server opening: 24.10.2018. - 03:59 22.11.2018
PA BDO RU server opening: 22.11.2018
Application period after PA server opening: 12:00 22.11.2018 - 23:59 31.12.2018

Pearl Abyss Transfer FAQ.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Re: BDO RU - Fresh start (aka full wipe)

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sun 2018.10.14, 12:00

Added info provided in Pearl Abyss's 2nd post on this topic. That clears this situation up quite significantly.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Re: BDO RU - Fresh start (aka full wipe) cancelled

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2018.10.17, 07:30

Updated the main post. Fresh start (aka full wipe) was cancelled, PA and GN managed to agree on everything.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid
Honor: 20
BDO: Tamer
: BDO RU Translator
Medals: 1

Postby LithStud » Sat 2018.10.20, 15:04

KAMIKADzE wrote:Updated the main post. Fresh start (aka full wipe) was cancelled, PA and GN managed to agree on everything.

Yea seems so :) tho still nothing much known how transfer will be done. Also New PAs website still fucks over sideways people from Baltic region (me included) as we cant register xD

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2018.10.20, 21:10

LithStud wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:Updated the main post. Fresh start (aka full wipe) was cancelled, PA and GN managed to agree on everything.

Yea seems so :) tho still nothing much known how transfer will be done. Also New PAs website still fucks over sideways people from Baltic region (me included) as we cant register xD

There might be more to it, than you think. Since you live in the country that happen to be a member of European Union there's a thing called GDPR, which is a whole another lvl of complication, so maybe they're denying registrations on purpose until their lawyers sort it all out. And IMO you shouldn't register on PA's site at all, as your account might be transferred with its username and email, so in a case you'd use them to register on PA's site it might cause even more complication =D if I were you I'd wait for the official GN data transfer announcement. From my past experience with other games publisher changes, successor would force you to create new account through the link on your email, using your old login/pw, but those games had their own login credentials (no unified launchers, like those used by many publishers these days) and they were not related to GN or PA in any way.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Sun 2018.10.21, 06:17

Thats pretty much what i am doing :) no rush for me plenty other games to enjoy (currently sitting day and night playing factorio *lol* )

jicsmart
Wisp
Wisp
Honor: 6
Medals: 2

Postby jicsmart » Wed 2018.10.24, 12:42

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2018.10.24, 14:24

jicsmart wrote:Transfer Page already UP!!
http://www.ru.playblackdesert.com/Event ... reTransfer

Nice presents, more Muskans and Giaths for BDO RU =D I'm actually serious - nice overall value, even excluding enhanced accessories, definitely worthy of return for everyone who planned to return.
Added to the main post.

LithStud
Creator
Creator
Druid
Druid

Postby LithStud » Wed 2018.10.24, 17:08

i will wait couple days in case they have some unforseen bugs in transfer system xD

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2018.10.24, 17:26

LithStud wrote:i will wait couple days in case they have some unforseen bugs in transfer system xD

As far as I understood they're not going to transfer right now, it's just your consent for the transfer to happen, though I might be wrong on this one, as I don't own BDO RU account to see what will happen when you go through the process, but if I understood it correctly - there's a complete zero point on waiting, as the transfer will happen in bulk sometime before server will go live and they'll probably test it with GM's or dummy account before doing so + database copy isn't going anywhere until the end of this year, so if you want to make sure that there are no bugs in transfer system then you would need to wait until server will be opened, not just a few days, and even if something ought to happen - they have a copy of your data anyway, so the process can be repeated until the end of this year.

Return to "News & Info"