Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

[JP] 08.05.2020 Temporary Maintenance

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

[JP] 08.05.2020 Temporary Maintenance

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2020.05.07, 15:37

[Notice] Temporary Maintenance

• Server stabilization.
This time we finally got some insight on the server problems. All instability, delays, lags, and other recent problems were caused by timely content (like World Bosses and midnight resets), that require more raw power, than during usual operation time. Currently JP server is hosted on Microsoft Azure cloud. GMs have came to conclusion that one of the real causes is server's CPU. Initially GMs wanted to replace server's hardware, but after discussion with Microsoft they agreed to try updating firmware, that might prevent errors from happening in the future. GMs remain skeptical about the firmware update, and if it won't help, as far as I understood, will revert to hardware replacements idea.

My own take on it, is that so far my initial guesses were correct, both, regarding the in-game causes, and that they were lead by hardware problems, so I also, like GMs, remain skeptical about the firmware update and don't think that it will resolve current issues, it might help to an extent, but will it solve them?, I guess - no (I don't have any extra access to the server, to check things and be sure, so I can only guess). As from the start, all of the symptoms show that server is just not capable of handling the amount of JP players in peak times with its current hardware specs.

GMs have sent GM's Apology 3 (1h) x2 + [EV] Items droprate increase scroll (60 min) x2 to those who have transferred before the Temporary Maintenance via in-game mail.
Can be received from mail until: 2020.05.15 23:59

[Info] Added new payment methods (JCB/AMERICAN EXPRESS)

[Info] About copyright infringements of songs shared on music album

TheGaijin87
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Re: [JP] 08.05.2020 Temporary Maintenance

Postby TheGaijin87 » Sun 2020.05.10, 05:29

sinde this firmware update i often have the problem that the first few minutes after starting the game of loading a character for the first time that day the customization is not loaded. just the standard face / haircolor. after a while it gets loaded though. and sometimes after using my ability the first time the cooldown of the abilities is somehow stuck together so when using a long cooldown and then a low one the low one is as long as the long one. kinda annoying but usually everything turns normal again after a few minutes.
just something i noticed after the update which never happened before so far...

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: [JP] 08.05.2020 Temporary Maintenance

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sun 2020.05.10, 09:31

TheGaijin87 » Sun 2020.05.10, 05:29 wrote:sinde this firmware update i often have the problem that the first few minutes after starting the game of loading a character for the first time that day the customization is not loaded. just the standard face / haircolor. after a while it gets loaded though. and sometimes after using my ability the first time the cooldown of the abilities is somehow stuck together so when using a long cooldown and then a low one the low one is as long as the long one. kinda annoying but usually everything turns normal again after a few minutes.
just something i noticed after the update which never happened before so far...

What I've noticed is that it only helped to reduce delay build-ups on World Bosses on my side, Gamose was playable, which is a plus, but other than that I feel like problems with crowds do persist (e.g.: loading near crowded warehouses) and midnight delay is definitely still there. I'm definitely not the best person to talk about improvements, as I have quite a delay anyway, but if even I think that there is a problem, then probably there is one =D
I have nostalgia...those good ol' days with lags after midnight reset, albeit on this server it happens immediately during reset, either way, I just hope it'll be fixed faster than on old server, as it took there a while~ *JOKINGLY*

Return to "News & Info"