Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

[JP] 15.01.2024 News (EAC -> XC3)

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

[JP] 15.01.2024 News (EAC -> XC3)

Postby KAMIKADzE » Mon 2024.01.15, 18:14

[Notice] EAC will be changed back on XC3 during 17.01 Maintenance

EAC anti-cheat will be removed, XC3 anti-cheat will be returned. EAC lasted almost 3 years in total. This is an expected change (already happened on KR server) and was announced similarly for other servers as well, and I'm honestly surprised that EAC wasn't changed earlier, as it is a joke as an anti-cheat solution. Before EAC was introduced to BDO I had no hands-on experience with EAC, so I didn't knew how bad it was (only heard about its security holes and bad practices), it's basically useless (as an anti-cheat), and if I ever wanted to cheat I could do literally anything with ease, I've even said, almost 3 years ago, that it will be a "golden time for cheaters", and I expected that either EAC would change or PA would change it on something else, definitely wasn't expecting for it to last this long in such state, anyway we should expect a new waves of bananas, hopefully XC3 has improved over the years and will have less false-flags.

Return to "News & Info"