Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Exploring Drieghan

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Exploring Drieghan

Postby KAMIKADzE » Mon 2018.09.03, 03:25

Finally I got some time to check out Drieghan and make this video. More than a month late to Drieghan party due to IRL, but on the other hand it is Remastered now. I have a few words to say about this Remastered mode, but firstly about Drieghan and this video.

Although it took me a significant amount of time, this video didn't turn out, even remotely, close to the one I did for Kamasilvia Part 2. I know that I've caught cursor a couple of times, and editing that many footage after a long break just killed me, so I ended up with that music line-up, especially unhappy with the "Brotherhood Of The Wolf", which is probably an overkill for this primarily chill video, but I couldn't find any better-fitting replacement.
Combat parts of this video should not be taken as any kind of a guidance - it's hard to go blindly (no UI = don't know your and enemy's remained HP + can't see cooldowns) against the enemy, that you're not used to fight or even fighting for the first time (there was actually nothing to worry about with my gear, more on that later).

Comparing to previous Kamasilvia Part 2 - Drieghan expansion brought significantly more content and larger area, but with only 3 hunting grounds it feels a bit deserted, just like Valencia's Black Desert.
Drieghan felt like a good middle-area between Media, Kamasilvia and Valencia. Mobs in Sherekhan's Grave (top Drieghan spot; Adequate AP 210) felt like they had a bit smaller DPS than those in Pilla Ku Prison (Valencia), but on the other hand there are hordes of "Giants" that are as annoying as the real ones - running around and stunning you (at least they don't grab you), so those 2 spots are somewhat comparable in difficulty. Money-wise it's hard to tell, since I haven't farmed there for a significant amount of time, but keep in mind that Sherekhan's Grave drop pool includes Orukinrado's Belt (one of the best Belts at the moment).
As for the Red Wolf Village (mid Drieghan spot; Adequate AP 190) and Tushira Ruins (bottom Drieghan spot; Adequate AP 140) - it's hard for me to evaluate them properly, and money-wise I haven't farmed them enough of time to compare, but I can definitely see Tushira Ruins as a good farming spot, at least for having 2nd best ring (Ruins' Pupil Ring) after upcoming Tungrad Ring, so technically it's actually best for now.
And to finish with mobs farming part - EXP, well...seems like I'll keep farming Valencia for now.
Few more things that are definitely worth mentioning:
- Wild Horses in Drieghan start from Tier 4, which is basically heaven for anyone tamering horses. I'm not that heavily into it, but it is just amazing. I'm also surprised that it seems like almost no one is tamering them, as whenever I visited their spots - there were always 3-4 horses to tame (obviously except after I took them).
- Dailies give more CP and most of them are quite simple, basically another Calpheon, or maybe even an improved version (haven't bothered to count CP/time spent).
- Rakiaro gathering (mini-game with plant). It took gathering on a whole another lvl, straight from being almost as simple as processing to the hardest life skill to master (don't get me wrong - simple gathering isn't going anywhere, Rakiaro is basically an expansion).

When Remastered Mode hit all of the servers it was just a matter of few hours before net was drown in the amount of relevant memes. So many days after that, so many hot-fixes and yet there are still so many bugs left + lighting is still way over the top, that it feels like a closed beta...I have no idea how it passed QA and Black Desert Labs Global Test Server.
In this video I have reduced brightness, and yet it's still too bright, especially for the night. Neither Sun or Moon are visible behind that amount of light, which definitely should not be the case for the Moon with reduced brightness, it's ridiculous. This video also shows you "Polished Horse", glitching shadows, and all sorts of other problems brought with the past few updates, like Drieghan NPC's animations not looped properly (doesn't restart immediately), "jumping" clouds, "tearing" trees, etc., some of which didn't make it to the final version of this video, you might not believe it - but I tried to reduce the amount of glitchiness as much as I could.
I did not have the most pleasant experience fighting with Remastered Mode + recording video at the same time, but engaging in combat with just a Remastered Mode is playable on my OC 970.
On the bright side of things - with all recent "UI remastering" my detachable quick slots finally stay on their place after relog, which took them only a few years to fix, now we'll just have to wait few more years to see the same fix for quests and skills cooldowns, oh and also Remastered graphics are nice (when we exclude all of the aforementioned problems).
It may seems like I'm a bit too harsh, but actually I'm not - for me it's more of a fact that this could pass QA and Test server without being noticed + fixed before being released, rather than a problem of broken graphics, so theoretically this can also happen with core game mechanics and whatnot, which can potentially ruin the game quite literally (not even mentioning half-ruined economy) and I don't want it to die, at least not yet.
Broken Remastered Mode still doesn't make Drieghan a bad experience - so go ahead and explore Drieghan (or prepare to, if it's not on your server yet).

Return to "Tavern"