Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Exploring Star Grave

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Exploring Star Grave

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2019.05.08, 06:43

Finally I found some time to check out Star Grave lands, alongside with renewed Gray Forest. There is also a mountain road from Gray Forest to the top of temple complex, but there's nothing interesting out there, so I have not included it in this video in order to not make it even longer. Haven't finished all of the questing yet, so if there will be something interesting (hidden/unreachable by normal means) I might combine it into another video (e.g. Black Star Boss).
Star Grave

Official RequirementLvlAPDP
Minimum56220250
Recommended62260300

I'd say that probably recommended stats for Shikuraia Undersea Ruins (250+AP, 280+DP) are the bare minimum here. Haven't obtained S rank for mobs yet, so it will be a very rough estimation - for comfortable play it's probably closer to the 275+AP, 315+DP, along with descent buffs.

Trash loot drop:
  • 1-3 Bloody Crystal of Despair (15,500 - 46,500 Silver). No need to exchange, can be sold to shop. Mobs don't drop the actual silver itself.
  • Destroyed Star Fragment (750 Silver). No need to exchange, can be sold to shop. Mobs don't drop the actual silver itself.

Main droptable:
  • Transparent Black Star Crystal (Material for Corrupted Magic Crystal)
    • Corrupted Magic Crystal (Secondary Weapon)
      Can be crafted via Simple Alchemy:
      • Transparent Black Star Crystal x1
      • Magic Crystal of Infinity - Critical x1
      • Forest Wrath x3
      Effect:
      • Critical Strike Damage +10%
      • All AP +2
      • All Damage reduction -2
      2 Crystals Effect:
      • Critical Strike Damage +2%
  • Pure Magic Lump (Used to create Seamless Magical Black Stone for Black Star weapon enhancement)
    Can be obtained in other ways as well:
    • Monster loot, Gathering
    • Grinding Black Stone (Weapon), Black Stone (Armor)
    • Boss Kill Rewards
    • Hunting Khalk, Whale
    • Harvesting Magic/Mysterious Seeds
    • Star Grave Excavation Nodes
    • Residue of Crack Craft
  • Ancient Magic Crystal of Nature - Adamantine
  • Black Magic Crystal - Accuracy
  • Trace of Origin
  • Ancient Spirit's Powder
  • Black Stone (Weapon)
  • Black Stone (Armor)

There were a lot of rumors spreading from the test server that this will be the top tier area, but from my experience - it's way easier without knowledge and buffs than Shikuraia Undersea Ruins (Deep)+full buff, that one is on a whole another level in comparison. Basically this is a tier 2 area, with relatively crappy drop. So far it seems like a spot to get Transparent Black Star Crystal + questing, and that's about it, surely there is increased droprate for Pure Magic Lump (in comparison to other areas), but it's too early to tell if other means of obtaining it are actually significantly worse/slower (there are a lot of options, so it will take a while for BDO community to figure this out). It is sort of contested at the moment, but that's purely due to release and new quests, I expect it to become uncontested in the nearest future, unless there will be some significant buffs to its drop.
The place is quite big and has a lot of farming spots. It also has a nice destroyed buildings, which can be used to hide from mobs, in case you need to go AFK in some nested spot.
As for the combat - the main thing to look out for is definitely defense debuff, you should be constantly aware of it, unless you're 315+DP or maybe even higher. The mobs themselves are kinda slow, so it's relatively easy to evade their attacks, that said - those big ones have descent splash area, collecting few of those might make it a bit challenging. This area has spots with different mobs density, so you can simply start from the low density spots and step up, when you'll feel that it's too easy for you.

New non-mob areas (north from Star Grave) are also densely packed and have a lot of quests and objects that will give you knowledge, so running around on foot might be a good idea, if you're bad at recognizing what might be an "knowledge object".
Many daily quests in these areas will give you Illusion of Disaster as a reward, 15 of which can be exchanged for Pure Magic Lump.
Gray Forest

Gray Forest now has Ghost of Gray Forest mobs. Despite being starred and of a scary look, Ghosts of Gray Forest are actually quite harmless.

Trash loot drop:
  • 1-2 Breath of Death (10,000 - 20,000 Silver). No need to exchange, can be sold to shop. Mobs don't drop the actual silver itself.

Main droptable:
  • Black Stone (Weapon)
  • Black Stone (Armor)

As I initially anticipated - Star Grave got a significant buff to its droptable (Black Erosion's Earring was added in 2019.06.26 update). So far it seems that with this addition it became a descent spot.

Margo
Acolyte
Acolyte
Honor: 5
BDO: Tamer
: Tester
Medals: 1

Re: Exploring Star Grave

Postby Margo » Mon 2019.05.20, 14:56

Have you fought the black star boss? If you did, how difficult it was?

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Exploring Star Grave

Postby KAMIKADzE » Mon 2019.05.20, 17:48

Margo wrote:Have you fought the black star boss? If you did, how difficult it was?

Not yet and don't plan to in the nearest future. Prices for Residue went insane, still holding mine to sell at the peak, it'll reach the price of +18 Black Weapon soon =D, actually doubt that it will, but people just went crazy over it, it's better to cash in on it, I expect it to drop significantly after the initial hype.

Return to "Tavern"