Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Reworked Blader's Awakening Skills Animation Effects

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Reworked Blader's Awakening Skills Animation Effects

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2019.12.18, 22:28

Many player are trying out Blader's Tradition (Succession/Transition/Inheritance/Transmission/Legacy/There are probably few other translations that I've missed, original - 전승) leaving this beautiful visual change slip through unnoticed, but it doesn't disappoint me, as most of my fellow Bladers will soon realise that we got the best of the best Tradition out of all those that are present on the test server at the moment and will eventually return to see this beautiful rework, as it is worth more than being OP Kappa.
On a serious note - it looks cool, amazing, but at the same time it's so painful to feel the FPS drops with each animation :D this was the first time I could "feel" my skills, almost like if I added haptic feedback to my keyboard. To be fair it's not as bad without video recording, but still noticeable, hopefully devs will tinker with particles emission a bit more.
It was a perfect opportunity to finish new Media quests. It's been a while since the last time I visited Sausan Garrison.

fanewip
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Re: Reworked Blader's Awakening Skills Animation Effects

Postby fanewip » Mon 2019.12.23, 08:39

Why do you think that musas will return to awakening, isn't succession better for pvp?

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Mon 2019.12.23, 09:51

fanewip wrote:Why do you think that musas will return to awakening, isn't succession better for pvp?

Blader's Tradition (Succession) is indeed better for PvP, but wherever you got this info its author forgot to mention that it's better for 1v1 and very small scale PvP (or you were inattentive), and not by a huge margin. The biggest benefits of Blader's Tradition are:
  • No need to switch between stances.
  • More Accuracy on usable burst damage dealing skills. Makes Blader very effective against meta "Full Evasion" builds.
  • Way way less skills to use, way way less complexity and it's easier to play. Good for newbs. Basically Blader becomes a 5-skills class, with very situational use of other skills.
Now as to why Bladers will return to awakening...even if you're completely into 1v1, how much time will you spend on it? Realistically-speaking only those Bladers will stay in Tradition, that don't play this game and only login for arena/tournaments + those that have a separate classes for grinding/mass PvP + those that are fans of Blader with Blade&Bow and hate Musindo, not even to mention that Blader is nowhere near the top classes for 1v1, and the dash/bow fans have a better option for 1v1 in a face of Plum, moreover most likely current state of OP 1shot damage of all Traditions will be revised in the future (damage nerfed) and is currently there to bait people on rerolls/skills changes (e.g.: just like every time with a new class), and all of that is why I've written "most" in the main post. I can see it being used for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 PvP tournaments with skills resets or Premium Characters (if/when they'll receive traditions), but other than that no, and that's what devs actually intended with traditions - a choice between Tradition and Awakening, not one being superior in every imaginable way, like traditions for other classes, so hopefully devs will fix other traditions or remove them at all and simply rework Primary skills trees. And finally, even with all of the accuracy and high damage numbers Blader's Tradition will still suck at 1v1 PvP (even if being better than Awakening), in comparison to many other classes, just because his Primary skills tree was designed for a different combat system than the one you can see these days, Blader was initially designed as a control machine, while lacking grab or proper block, after just 1 successful control you could keep spamming other controls and keep your target in stunlock, but after the rework with "control cooldown" + nerfed dash Blader became, and to this day is, unpopular PvP class, so no wonder why devs added high damage to his tradition, to allow dash-arrow-DMG, as that's all that's left from Blader.

Musa

Postby Musa » Thu 2020.02.20, 18:45

Have you played in traditions after the nerf? The question is about PvP ofc.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2020.02.20, 19:03

Musa wrote:Have you played in traditions after the nerf? The question is about PvP ofc.

No. Neither did I play with it in PvE. I'd advise you to ask questions like this to Bladers on Twitch or other streaming platforms (Lv.63+, that do PvP), but if for /whatever reason you want my opinion on certain aspects then feel free to ask.

Musa

Postby Musa » Thu 2020.02.20, 19:10

KAMIKADzE wrote:
Musa wrote:Have you played in traditions after the nerf? The question is about PvP ofc.

No. Neither did I play with it in PvE. I'd advise you to ask questions like this to Bladers on Twitch or other streaming platforms (Lv.63+, that do PvP), but if for /whatever reason you want my opinion on certain aspects then feel free to ask.

Why not then? What is the reason why you did not try? You don't PvP? You also predicted the damage nerf, what do you think will happen next?

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2020.02.20, 20:10

Musa wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:

Why not then? What is the reason why you did not try? You don't PvP? You also predicted the damage nerf, what do you think will happen next?

Well...the answer is quite simple - I don't spend enough of time in the game, it's not that I would not want to (both - to spend more time and to properly try Tradition), unfortunately not everything in this world goes as you want it to.
I do PvP occasionally, mostly when someone attacks me on my rare grind sessions, but on purpose - not really, I'm already way behind active players (in terms of gear and lvl) and prefer to spend time catching up. There is a new incoming area with mobs+PvP (something like Red Battlefield + Mobs in one place), depending on how it will end up being implemented I might end up PvPing more often relatively soon.
As to the nerf and what will happen next - probably another damage nerf, Blader's Tradition will surely not be left as is and devs seem to not bother reducing Accuracy. Most likely Traditional Blader will be a bit less OP against Full Evasion builds, but will still remain very effective, at the same time this will make him bad against Damage Reduction builds. You can also expect buffs for the Blader's Awakening, further closing the small scale PvP gap between the states. One thing is certain - the balance will not remain as is at the moment, as devs changed their mind in /whichever time and now want to make Tradition equal to Awakening, which obviously they won't end up achieving simply because their skills are so much different and were designed with totally different approaches.
At exactly this moment I would use Tradition if I were purely focusing on PvP (or had a lot of time to switch back and forth all the time), and Awakening for PvE/PvE+PvP (nerf did not affect Tradition enough to make it worse or equal for PvP, especially if you're undergeared), but note that all of this might change in a very short period of time, since as I mentioned - both states will be rebalanced soon™ as well as all other classes, shifting the meta all over the place.

Musa

Postby Musa » Sat 2020.04.04, 00:20

So far your predictions were correct, are you a part of game developers team? Not many changes lately, what do you think will happen next?

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2020.04.04, 01:32

Musa wrote:So far your predictions were correct, are you a part of game developers team? Not many changes lately, what do you think will happen next?

Kind of funny how this animation discussion thread turned into Blader balancing discussion thread =D

As for your first question - no I'm not working for PA or in any way affiliated with them, there are just obvious out-of-balance things that can be seen even by players that don't play on particular classes, but are familiar with the game and what's happening in it. That said, to me it does seem like the majority of in-power position devs don't actively play their own game on official servers (personally I think that it's a bad sign, but that's completely separate discussion that I'm not going to touch here), or at least that's the way I can explain some obviously dubious balancing decisions they made over the years.

As you've mentioned "not many changes lately", and that was to be expected. Let's call it "initial balancing phase end", this is the point where devs think they have reached somewhat balanced state, I mean to players it's obvious they're doing stupid things, like buffing Striker, which if anything requires nerfs not buffs, and nerfing classes that nobody wants to see on wars/tournaments (that is by the way one of the things that show that devs don't actively play their own game, they just listen to complains of people that play on outnumbering classes, which are outnumbering for reasons). Now we're in phase where devs are mostly chilling for a bit and checking up how changes have impacted the game. Once again, since devs don't seem to actively play their own game, in order to properly check how things have changed (by that I mean not just listening to players' complains) they need a set of data and here is where tournaments come in. There already were official 1v1 same class tournaments announced in few servers, which means that devs firstly decided to look on how classes stand against themselves and to figure out which players actually know how to play their class under the current meta. Expect a wave of adjustments based on the final matches of tournaments (I expect to see impactful changes to Sorceress, Archer, Shai, as problems with them should be fairly obvious, Striker and Wizard on the other hand not so sure, but who knows). After those adjustments there probably will be either further tournaments (between different classes, either 1v1 or 3v3) or some events related to release of new nation wars (Calpheon vs Valencia, including GMs in game taking the leading roles on both sides), then you'll see another waves of balancing.
As for the Blader in this whole balancing scene - probably it won't be touched too much, some small nerfs to Tradition and maybe small buffs to Awakening. There are only 2 possible impactful changes that I can see possibly coming, but most likely they won't. The first one is if devs suddenly decide to rework how Accuracy/Evasion works, but since they decided to reduce 100% accuracy on skills for all classes it most likely won't happen any time soon. The second one is more worrisome and is related to dashes (Chase), it seems like devs are playing with skills animations and "gaps", I can see a possibility of prolonged gaps between dashes in exchange for less stamina consumption, but at that point Blader will become a dead class, without a total rework, so most likely it won't happen either, but since once again devs don't seem to actively play their own game...so in the end my guess is that there won't be any major changes related to Blader for a while, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Musa

Postby Musa » Wed 2020.04.15, 16:52

I have seen some tournament recaps, so they already started? Do you have the links to all of the ongoing tournaments?

Return to "Tavern"