Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

2020 Secret Platforms. Highest point in the world.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

2020 Secret Platforms. Highest point in the world.

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2020.08.26, 00:00

Would've recorded the whole thing, as a guide for Bladers, but I needed those extra FPS for stability and to be focused, as it was already quite challenging with my connection (any lag/dc and you are going down through the platform, which caused ~50% of my failures). Basically most of the jumps are easier naked, there's only 1 jump slightly before the circle platform that is easier with Talis effect, after that again naked until summoning platforms (Talis for those), and after the platforms Talis+Costume up until stationary platforms, from where it's easier naked again. Last 2 jumps before those stationary platforms I've found to be the most challenging. At least this time platforms were client-sided, so latency caused no issues (unlike 1st MoS).
This was definitely the hardest part of the event IMO, almost in every possible position (except cost, that RNG Broom has wiped 2 out of 3 mats from my Warehouses and drained quite a bit of silver), from button-mashing up until difficulty of hints, but mostly because of the amount of active playtime that it required, and I spent more than half of it stacking those Lambs...this was my first time that I wanted to quit BDO, not joking, the amount of time it requires stacking those Lambs for 1 try is just insane...the platforming itself was OK. Went way easier when more people joined in. Also wanted to end this video gliding down on my horse, but all of those stationary and moving platforms don't allow to get on horse.
Definitely going to take a break from my usual daily BDO routine after the end of this event...
P.S. And what an end it was...wasted 2 days trying to figure out their hints, to find out in the end that every region had a different letter in castle and you need to combine all of those and use as a redeeming code...this was a terrible idea IMO, but even then they should've thrown the last hint as the first one instead, as it was quite literally impossible to figure it out without that hint. Basically they eased completion of previous quests and gated completion to give other players some time to catch up, so the whole secret questline was narrowed down to who will enter the correct code first...and those who stayed on the edge the whole time, and were actually solving things, just wasted 2 days...

qwerty
Honor: 1

Re: 2020 Secret Platforms. Highest point in the world.

Postby qwerty » Fri 2020.08.28, 15:08

So if you were to quit BDO, what MMO would you jump to? New World?

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: 2020 Secret Platforms. Highest point in the world.

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2020.08.28, 15:40

qwerty » Fri 2020.08.28, 15:08 wrote:So if you were to quit BDO, what MMO would you jump to? New World?

Hard to say, depends really on when I'll be switching to another MMORPG. If I would at this moment (don't get me wrong, I don't plan to, BDO is still the best MMORPG on the market, despite its devs leading it in direction that I don't like, starting from around Kamasilvia expansion, 1st and 2nd BDO trailers look way better to me than what the game has become now), then I would probably go back to Cabal, even though that I would personally prefer returning to C9 (due to this). If I had no issues with Webzen then it would be C9 -> Cabal -> Vindictus -> L2.
AiR is kinda interesting (aka Ascend infinite Realm rebranded as "Elyon: AiR"), but currently it's very unclear what their rework will end up like, and the engine choice is kinda bad to say the least. Moreover it seems like they have already run out of their budget, and most likely will release half-working game if they'll release it at all, so it's very hard to predict what it is going to look like.
As for the New World - well...there's nothing that caught my eye, completely nothing. I can see how it can attract new MMORPG players, especially "Fortnite" type of players, but I can't see anything interesting for me in it.

Return to "Tavern"