Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Exploring Odillita

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Exploring Odillita

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2020.10.10, 17:11

Storyline SPOILER ALERT.
Initially I wanted to explore new area, like I always did, and after that do questing, but unfortunately way too many knowledge points are locked behind the Odillita questilne (you can't read books or even look at fountains...why? it simply doesn't make any sense), so I had to go down the questilne path, in order to reduce the amount of knowledge-hunting after the fact, hence the reason why you'll see that I've already accepted few quests from the new area before I got to NPCs in this video. It would be OK if the questline would route you somewhat linearly through the area (even more so, as it's kinda great to record storyline characters)...but it sends you back and forth, which is kinda annoying from this video-recording standpoint. I get it, that devs want people to complete main storyline, but...well I hope this is the last time they did it in the way they did (to be clear - my main char has completed almost all quests there are in this game, apart of few new ones and few extremely time-consuming, that I still plan to complete some day, so I would complete this questline anyway, not even mentioning that knowledge points uncover only partially, when you reach them by the questline, so you still have to return to various places after the fact, it's like devs want you to go through whole territory at least twice, if we won't count the back and forth running in the process). To reduce the amount of path-mess in this video I have explored nearby areas, somewhat linearly, before the questline sent me there, back and forth, so this video doesn't represent the exact route of main questilne (but the general direction is the same), nor does it goes without skips.
Odillita might not look big on the map, but it is a very densely-packed territory (probably the most densely-packed out of all territories to this day), so I have omitted few things here and there, otherwise this video would be even longer...Mobs areas remind me of Valencia (Bashims, Basilisks, Pilla Ku, Histria, etc.) and Gaipilashya, with their huge space and complexity (though Odillita areas are probably more complex and will be more annoying to grind).
It was very challenging to film and edit this video. It felt like the limit of camera distance from the character was decreased once more (not in this particular patch) and I also felt missing all of the camera options that were available long time ago, would be way easier with those, kinda sad that they were removed. Reducing video length was hard, wanted to keep it below 1 hour, but got tired while reducing length (and I still had to fit it all with music, at least a little bit...) + I definitely didn't want to turn it into a series of 3 sec cuts, so in the end it took me way more time to edit, render and upload, than I spent on recording and playing the game. Wonder how many of you will actually watch the whole thing =D
In the part where I tried to reach unreleased castle area on my horse and got stuck in the air...well...it didn't end as quickly as in the video =D escape just put me lower, on the edge of the bridge and I thought that I'm dead, forgot that restricted are got changed and now it teleports you to the SAFE AREA, instead of killing you, but oh does it teleport to the SAFE AREA...it teleported me to the same place over and over and over and...again and again and...so fast that it wouldn't be possible to use the map, if it would not be in cd. And just when I thought that I'll need to contact GMs (Press F) it magically ported me on the bridge few meters away from this endless limbo. The moral of the story is - don't try to reach that castle =D just don't. On that note - don't try to pepegasus from the right side of Odillita to Drieghan to cut the route...used map that time, didn't feel like testing out if the limbo will trigger there as well.
I liked the overall design and buildings of the territory, but many places just don't go well with remastered light, it feels like devs forgot to test it, however I tried to turn and place the camera - it just didn't work out.
As for the new mobs, hmm...in few words - they hit weaker but live longer with relation to recommended AP in comparison to mobs outside of Odillita, at least that's what if felt like (haven't grinded them long enough to make conclusions). I thought that 310+ AP Ahibs would be way more OP, hence the reason why I set fairy to use HP pots at 90% from the start (hard to manage HP, while recording without UI, and I could forget to change it before going in), but I could grind them (will take me a while to kill them, so it doesn't make sense, they definitely require a lot of AP to become profitable) if I wanted to, without pulling the crowd and with stable FPS (not recording) that is, as they can control, which will be insta-death in crowd of those (for me, definitely need more DP to feel comfortable there). Many Turos (Minotaurs) are ranged, which will make it annoying to pull them into a stack, for classes without a good pulling AoE.
A lot of knowledge. Almost no quests (quite a few dailies though).
Very cheap housing and warehouse, especially after Grana and Duvenkurun lol.
Dwarf worker is basically an improved Goblin worker, very good for tasks that don't need Luck.
All hunting in the video I've gathered without Accessories and Hunter's Clothes (Artisan Lv.4), to provide a baseline.
And that's about it, few things aside I actually like this update, and I'm quite happy that devs decided not to overfill us with tons of events this time, and let me explore this territory without worries of missing things out, definitely looking forward to the Odillita part 2.

Return to "Tavern"