Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

How can i apply your patch?

asdf!!
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

How can i apply your patch?

Postby asdf!! » Thu 2016.11.24, 11:04

Hello. I want to play BDO japan server as kor language.

For that, I got both japan and kor client and extract RAW from kor client.

I have already read your viewtopic.php?f=113&t=1001 this post, but it's hard to understand. sorry

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: How can i apply your patch?

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2016.11.24, 14:38

asdf!! wrote:Hello. I want to play BDO japan server as kor language.

For that, I got both japan and kor client and extract RAW from kor client.

I have already read your viewtopic.php?f=113&t=1001 this post, but it's hard to understand. sorry

That:
KAMIKADzE wrote:How to use mods, merge with other patches, etc. etc.:
There are 2 button - Load Base XML and Load Translation XML, the first one will be a base on which you'll transfer translation from second one. Those buttons at this time support only XML files (names of the files are irrelevant), use XLSX/M to XML button in order to convert your translation in .xlsm format to .xml.
All 4 merge buttons will merge currently loaded files and you will be able to find the result in Launcher\BDO\out along with .txt file that will tell you the row difference. So for example if you want to mod my JP patch with my KR mod you would firstly need to type "kr" in textbox left to the Load Base XML button (it will be used to name resulted files from the merge - stringtable_XX.xml), then Load Launcher\BDO\Projects\KAMI JP\languagedata.xml as a Base xml, then Load Launcher\BDO\Mods\KR\KAMI JP to KR\languagedata.xml as a Translation XML and press Merge Data button, then repeat the same steps for stringtable_kr.xml, except that now you'd need to press Merge String button. This wont result in anything useful, it was an example. In order to make proper KR patch out of KAMI JP you would firstly need to load KR RAW as a base and merge with KAMI JP and after that merge the resulted files as a base with my KR mod, though you could continue previous steps and simply load KR RAW as a base and merge with modded KAMI JP, it will work either way.
On the right side of BDO Patcher window you can see quite a lot of check-boxes, they represent tables used during Merge Data process. For example if you wouldn't want to merge CharacterTable table then simply uncheck it prior to pushing Merge Data button. Same thing for cutscene, string and symbol will be added in one of the future releases.
You'll be able to automate all that process with introduction of Projects (no ETA), just like I did with "Patch KR" button.

Basically what you need to do is:
1) Convert your RAW JP and KR from xlsm to xml files.
2)Load stringtable_jp.xml as base, load stringtable_kr.xml as translation -> press "Merge string except HTT", do the same for the other ones (e.g. for languagedata load both languagedata and press "Merge Data").
3)Convert the result in "Launcher\BDO\out" folder back to xlsm. Throw that stuff to "GameOn\BlackDesert_live\prestringtable\jp". Done.

There's also the other way, since you want KR -> KR is there completely in all files except languagedata, simply rename starting characters in column names:
#~ into ~
~ into #~
#^ into ^
^ into #^
In languagedata there is already KR for the most part, few tables that are in JP you can translate by merging with KR languagedata (leave only needed tables in KR languagedata, it will be faster), the remained JP-specific stuff you'll need to translate yourself, no other way around that.

If you still don't get some steps let me know which ones and what exactly you don't get.

buzarini
Creator
Creator
Peon
Peon
Honor: 20
: Tester BDO TR Volunteer BDO SEA Volunteer BDO TH Volunteer BDO RU Translator BDO EU/NA Translator
Medals: 6

Postby buzarini » Thu 2016.11.24, 15:40

Japanese client does not support Korean characters.
You need to install the font from the Korean client. File Name "pearl.ttf"
You need to use the "Meta Injector Reloaded" and "Black Desert Online File Extractor"
https://www.undertow.club/threads/black ... ools.9197/

KAMIKADzE wrote:
There's also the other way, since you want KR -> KR is there completely in all files except languagedata, simply rename starting characters in column names:
#~ into ~
~ into #~
#^ into ^
^ into #^
In languagedata there is already KR for the most part, few tables that are in JP you can translate by merging with KR languagedata (leave only needed tables in KR languagedata, it will be faster), the remained JP-specific stuff you'll need to translate yourself, no other way around that.

If you still don't get some steps let me know which ones and what exactly you don't get.

There is a way easier. Each client has the original files in the Korean. But they do not exist in the Korean client.

Code: Select all

languagedata_original.xlsm
stringtable_cutscene_kr_original.xlsm
stringtable_kr_original.xlsm
symbolnostringtable_kr_original.xlsm

And then you just need to rename.

languagedata_original.xlsm >> languagedata.xlsm
stringtable_cutscene_kr_original.xlsm >> stringtable_cutscene_jp.xlsm
stringtable_kr_original.xlsm >> stringtable_jp.xlsm
symbolnostringtable_kr_original.xlsm >> symbolnostringtable_jp.xlsm

asdf!!
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Postby asdf!! » Thu 2016.11.24, 15:58

Oh my god. It works!

I really really thank you man!

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2016.11.24, 18:36

buzarini wrote:

Japanese client does not support Korean characters.
You need to install the font from the Korean client. File Name "pearl.ttf"
You need to use the "Meta Injector Reloaded" and "Black Desert Online File Extractor"
https://www.undertow.club/threads/black ... ools.9197/

KAMIKADzE wrote:
#~ into ~
~ into #~
#^ into ^
^ into #^

There is a way easier. Each client has the original files in the Korean. But they do not exist in the Korean client.

languagedata_original.xlsm
stringtable_cutscene_kr_original.xlsm
stringtable_kr_original.xlsm
symbolnostringtable_kr_original.xlsm

And then you just need to rename.

languagedata_original.xlsm >> languagedata.xlsm
stringtable_cutscene_kr_original.xlsm >> stringtable_cutscene_jp.xlsm
stringtable_kr_original.xlsm >> stringtable_jp.xlsm
symbolnostringtable_kr_original.xlsm >> symbolnostringtable_jp.xlsm

Yeah forgot to mention about the font, thanks for pointing that out instead of me. I have helped Chinese patching team in the past with their patcher, but I haven't added this possibility to BDO Patcher yet, that said it is on the planned list for quite some time under the low priority, since it's not in a high demand, so I have no idea when, but you can expect it added to the Launcher at some far away future.

Return to "BDO Patcher"