Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Secure spot

黒い剣士
Honor: 0
BDO: Warrior

Secure spot

Postby 黒い剣士 » Thu 2017.04.27, 23:23

Was lurking news for some time but today I have a question guys, what is the best way to secure spot? Player killing has many negative effects, so I was wondering if you use any better ways.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Secure spot

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2017.04.28, 00:36

黒い剣士 wrote:Was lurking news for some time but today I have a question guys, what is the best way to secure spot? Player killing has many negative effects, so I was wondering if you use any better ways.

IMO there is no "best way". One thing I can say for sure - all methods are fine, as long as they work and you're personally fine with them.

This is how I "secure"(clear) farming spots from other players (there are various situations):
  • I came to some location where players are already there.
    • If I can change channel - I change channel.
    • If I can't change channel and there are 1-3 player(s) - I try to farm somewhere on the side before I'll change channel, or do something with my other chars while waiting for channel change refresh.
    • If I can't change channel and there are 4+ players - I do something with my other chars while waiting for channel change refresh.
    • If that player(s) try to PK me - Here starts "clearing".
  • Some player(s) came to my farming spot - Here starts "clearing".

Basically that^ means that usually I don't try to "steal" spot, but as I said previously - "all methods are fine, as long as they work and you're personally fine with them", so you might go straight to the "clearing" phase, if you're fine with that.

Clearing:
  1. As you already got by now (considering your post) - PK is not really an option, so if 4+ players came to my spot I usually change channel, because that will be a waste of time, if it's only 1-3 players then I start clearing mobs to which they run, so basically those players quickly realize that there are 2 options for them - either try to PK me or change channel =D , that said - sometimes (very rarely) I encounter very stubborn players that will jump on small crowds of mobs so basically in that way they can cut my farming speed or I'll need to leave them alone. Of course for this way you'll need a descent damage output (good gear), as you need to kill mobs faster than your enemies, otherwise you'll be at disadvantage instead.
  2. If after step 1 player(s) relog - simply continue your farming, but if not - then most likely they'll try to PK you. Killing them right ahead is not the best option (unless they're already red PK), since they'll return pretty damn fast, as instead I "fake my loss"(fight back *FIGHT* , but don't kill 'em) twice, which usually takes 2-5 min depending on spot (though note that I'm Blader, so I get back pretty fast), also you don't need to fake your losses if red PK came to your spot, if that wasn't obvious - you need to give them negative Karma, hence the reason why many players will be a waste of time. One more thing - the amount of "fake losses" vary depending on the amount of Karma lost from PK on various BDO servers out there, so for example for EU/NA that's not that of a great idea, as instead you might be better off killing them right ahead instead of losing.
  3. After step 2 simply kill it with fire *KILL* and unless it's streamer - I doubt that you'll see them again any time soon *PRISONER* (even if they'll get out of jail rather fast - they won't come to you, at least for me it works with 100% chance).
  4. I myself don't always go through step 2 (faking losses), sometimes it's better to kill them when they flag on you, even though that they'll be back in no time they'll still loose a bit of Karma. That said - going through step 2 is preferred, unless you're under 30 min 200% EXP buff or something like that, so that your time is rather precious (if that's the case you might as well consider changing channel).

Now regarding this "clearing" thing - it all sounds great and stuff, but does it actually work? - Yes, to some extent. It's not perfect. I'll try to break it down by percentage (from my experience):
  • 99.1% player(s) will simply relog or move out of your spot right after 1st step.
  • 0.75% of stubborn player(s), so you'll never get out of step 1 with them, but usually they'll move away after 5-30 min or so.
  • 0.1% player(s) will relog or escape in some other way after your first fake loss.
  • 0.02% player(s) will not disturb you anymore after step 3.
  • 0.01999...% extremely stubborn player(s) that will jump on 1 or 2 mobs, so that it will be pain for you to go through step 1 with them
  • 0.01% player(s) will not disturb you anymore after step 3, but will call their friends, that won't disturb you anymore after they'll go through step 3 =D .
  • 0.0...1% you get raided by whole guild of 20+ people, and at that point, it will take you forever to get them all into negative Karma *lol* so unless you're extremely OP *PALADIN* - your best bet is to escape asap *ASSASIN* .

Getting Players to negative Karma and killing them is of course suitable only for the areas with jail, which this days are all of the competitive areas (except Sausan and Pirates, and keep in mind that we don't have Kamasilvia in JP yet).
Even on areas without jail you can still make fun of negative Karma players, but that will be a bit trickier - letting last hit to mobs, so that your enemy will not only die with a chance of loosing crystals but also with a chance of degrading equipment, which is way way worse than jail =D

黒い剣士
Honor: 0
BDO: Warrior

Postby 黒い剣士 » Fri 2017.04.28, 01:27

What do you mean raided by guild? Guild hunting you down?
So that is for good gear, what about bad gear?

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2017.04.28, 02:03

黒い剣士 wrote:What do you mean raided by guild? Guild hunting you down?

Yeah something like that. Basically there were 2 occasions of something similar to that.
On the first occasion I simply farmed as usual, and then I see gazillion of players on the minimap rushing for me from behind, I only managed to turn my camera and Wizards+Witches were already casting something and flagging at me, while a whole lot of others were rushing at me - the only thing left for me was to press "v" and get the hell out of there =D I wouldn't be able to handle that amount of players even if I had best possible gear =D it was like staying near warehouse in Heidel =D I have no idea if I've sent some of their members to prison or what was the reason, I doubt that that was due to my YT videos (it's not like I record all of my footsteps and then throw that on YT, so what would be the point), anyway - most likely you'll never encounter that, but you still might encounter a party of 5 people, the chance is probably the same, hence the reason why I included it.
On the second occasion, some guy failed to steal spot from me, multiple times, and in the end he disappeared and thrown me guild war, after few hours, they managed to kill me while I was watching Black Spirit running on the screen (during channel change) and I appeared dead, ofc that quickly changed my mind of what should I do *ONIONSILENTKILLER*, and instead of playing the game as usual...*PUNISH* well you got the point =D and so they quickly forfeited their declared war.

黒い剣士 wrote:So that is for good gear, what about bad gear?

Yes that was for good gear. As for the bad gear - you have 3 options:
1) Change channel.
2) Get better gear.
3) Change spot. There are plenty of spots in the game, that are close to the best ones, which are empty or almost empty most of the time.

You should aim for the 2nd one, meanwhile going with 1st or 3rd option. Well you can also try to Karma-bomb, that's of course if that player keeps killing you and he's not one of those -1kk Karma guys.

Return to "Tavern"