Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

PvP with high ping

i5
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

PvP with high ping

Postby i5 » Mon 2017.07.17, 02:21

How bad is PvP with high ping in black desert? I'm considering if I should continue to play on JP or buy EU version. On low levels it does not seem that terrible, but I don't want to waste time if I will switch later.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: PvP with high ping

Postby KAMIKADzE » Mon 2017.07.17, 03:09

i5 wrote:How bad is PvP with high ping in black desert? I'm considering if I should continue to play on JP or buy EU version. On low levels it does not seem that terrible, but I don't want to waste time if I will switch later.

This is probably the most difficult question to answer...it depends.
Since you mentioned EU version, let's imagine that you're from EU, but for one or another reason consider JP as well.

If your country is not excluded from EU server, and you went into JP just to check out the game before buying it, then I would advice to go with EU server, before it's too late, the game is B2P under low price there, you'll have more or less stable ping and won't need to worry about patching the game, workarounding IP block and risking on getting banana.

In case you're blocked from EU server, and that's why you consider between both, it gets more complicated. Firstly read Short info on servers and decide which one you like more, if that's EU and you're fine with buying it even though that you'll workaround IP block, then by all means go for it, but if you liked JP more then IDK, toss a coin or smth, cause ping does matter in PvP. You see, the "action" is server-sided, so basically players with higher ping are at a big disadvantage, I'm also playing with a quite high ping, so I know what I'm talking about (I'm on JP server, in case you didn't know), you should basically try to guess your opponents moves a little bit ahead of their time, though that isn't actually the biggest problem, the "stability" of connection is (e.g. lagspikes, disconnects, etc.), basically if your ping suddenly jumps noticeably up for a few seconds you're done for it, let alone if you lost connection completely even for a few seconds, at that point you're basically a dummy-target for your opponent, and PvP in this game ends rather fast if you can't avoid damage and/or heal.
Don't get me wrong, it's playable, but don't expect to become #1 in PvP tournaments or something like that. In mass PvP it's a less of an issue, and in PvE it shouldn't be that big of deal, I mean the "stable ping", not lagspikes or disconnects, those are terrible even if you're lifeskiller =D

i5
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Postby i5 » Mon 2017.07.17, 03:20

Yes, I'm from Europe. Thanks for the quick reply. I think I will go with EU version, I have a bad connection with Japan most of the time I play.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Postby KAMIKADzE » Mon 2017.07.17, 03:30

i5 wrote:Yes, I'm from Europe. Thanks for the quick reply. I think I will go with EU version, I have a bad connection with Japan most of the time I play.

I don't know what you use to connect, but yeah connection goes noticeably terrible from time to time, regardless of what I use to connect, though most of the time it's playable for me, but as I've mentioned previously - the biggest issue is DCs+huge lagspikes, those are really terrible, so if you have no problems going with EU server and there's nothing specific in JP that you're looking for, then definitely go for EU.

Return to "Tavern"