Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

How to patch your JP/KR/EU/NA/RU client

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: How to patch your JP/KR/EU/NA/RU client

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2017.06.17, 16:52

Derrick wrote:I need some help.
i couldn't patch using the KAMI Launcher 0.7b6.
I have been looking into this issue a few days ago, and i still couldn't get it done.

First of all, i believe i've run it in right procedure as i did run KAMI launcher as admin, select the right path (...BDO folder/ live) and launch the game.
Here is the brief of what i did to try resolve this issue, but the result is still the same.
1. I don't have firewall installed in my pc, but i did turn off window defender.

2. I shifted the BDO folder to other locations

3. Changed the security setting in BDO properties to grant full control with administrator.

FYI, i was able to patch with older version (0.6 or below if i'm not mistake), but that was long ago.

1) This program doesn't use any network connections to patch your game, nor to send any data, which would in any way prevent it from working. The only networking thing there is at this point is update checking.
2) If you changed BDO folder location, change it in Launcher settings, or wipe setting in order for it to try detecting automatically. IDK where is your game installed so I can't tell from SS if that path is correct for you.
3) There might be issues with admin rights or not, it all depends on your PC policies.

Now to your problem. Since you say you've used Launcher in the past, check your PAZ settings, maybe it's set to some other value.
If this happened with the last update then they could've changed something, in that case you'll need to send me BDOInfo generated by Launcher, but since you're the only 1 complaining I doubt that that is the case.
The other thing could be that you've 2 installations of the game and you're pointing to the older one, so check your RU client path settings.

Derrick
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Postby Derrick » Sat 2017.06.17, 19:05

KAMIKADzE wrote:
Derrick wrote:I need some help.
i couldn't patch using the KAMI Launcher 0.7b6.
I have been looking into this issue a few days ago, and i still couldn't get it done.

First of all, i believe i've run it in right procedure as i did run KAMI launcher as admin, select the right path (...BDO folder/ live) and launch the game.
Here is the brief of what i did to try resolve this issue, but the result is still the same.
1. I don't have firewall installed in my pc, but i did turn off window defender.

2. I shifted the BDO folder to other locations

3. Changed the security setting in BDO properties to grant full control with administrator.

FYI, i was able to patch with older version (0.6 or below if i'm not mistake), but that was long ago.

1) This program doesn't use any network connections to patch your game, nor to send any data, which would in any way prevent it from working. The only networking thing there is at this point is update checking.
2) If you changed BDO folder location, change it in Launcher settings, or wipe setting in order for it to try detecting automatically. IDK where is your game installed so I can't tell from SS if that path is correct for you.
3) There might be issues with admin rights or not, it all depends on your PC policies.

Now to your problem. Since you say you've used Launcher in the past, check your PAZ settings, maybe it's set to some other value.
If this happened with the last update then they could've changed something, in that case you'll need to send me BDOInfo generated by Launcher, but since you're the only 1 complaining I doubt that that is the case.
The other thing could be that you've 2 installations of the game and you're pointing to the older one, so check your RU client path settings.

Thanks for ur prompt response.
Everything works well by changing PAZ SF.

HiddEnigma
NOOB
NOOB

Postby HiddEnigma » Wed 2017.07.12, 21:27

Hey. Any chance of supporting the Latin America / Brazilian version for this?

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.07.12, 21:31

HiddEnigma wrote:Hey. Any chance of supporting the Latin America / Brazilian version for this?

It is already supported, the server is called SA (South American).

HiddEnigma
NOOB
NOOB

Postby HiddEnigma » Mon 2017.07.17, 06:43

KAMIKADzE wrote:It is already supported, the server is called SA (South American).

Oh. ...huh. So, I got a few more questions. The two dots under the SA server? Only the first is green, and the other is Unavailable.

Also, it seems that most of the solutions here are personalized for the specific servers (Russian solutions, JP solutions, etc). I see no personalized SA solution-- does that mean I should follow one of the other server's guides and information? If so, is there one you recommend? A particular English patch that would work, or would anyone do the trick? I'm trying it with one right now, but I'll admit I'm the slightest bit confused by this. Will try to find some more posts on how to do things.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Mon 2017.07.17, 09:56

HiddEnigma wrote:
KAMIKADzE wrote:It is already supported, the server is called SA (South American).

Oh. ...huh. So, I got a few more questions. The two dots under the SA server? Only the first is green, and the other is Unavailable.

Also, it seems that most of the solutions here are personalized for the specific servers (Russian solutions, JP solutions, etc). I see no personalized SA solution-- does that mean I should follow one of the other server's guides and information? If so, is there one you recommend? A particular English patch that would work, or would anyone do the trick? I'm trying it with one right now, but I'll admit I'm the slightest bit confused by this. Will try to find some more posts on how to do things.

It's fine that only first one is green.
Unfortunately, as far as I know, there's no publicly disclosed EN patch for SA server out there, only private patches (try to ask some EN guilds about it or smth like that).
If you want to make your own patch, at this point in time you'll need to utilize Advanced tab.
If the provided info on the links won't be enough, you can also use search button on the forum to find posts of people figuring out the same thing for other servers, but note that each server is different, so steps won't be 100% the same.
If you'll have any specific questions left after that - feel free to ask them.

Return to "BDO Patcher"