Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Identify NPC's numbers in .loc files

vianns
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Identify NPC's numbers in .loc files

Postby vianns » Tue 2018.02.20, 09:42

Hello !

I'm currently looking for an easy way to identify the NPC's ID numbers in the .loc files.
I asked already in the Undertow forum, and I had a pretty clear answer, but the process (DEC / HEX conversion) looks pretty tedious...

I'm wondering if you know if a tool which can automate this process currently exist ? In order to have a clear view of what string matches with NPCs.

Thank you !

PS: and thank you for all your work here too ! :)

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Identify NPC's numbers in .loc files

Postby KAMIKADzE » Tue 2018.02.20, 10:12

vianns wrote:Hello !

I'm currently looking for an easy way to identify the NPC's ID numbers in the .loc files.
I asked already in the Undertow forum, and I had a pretty clear answer, but the process (DEC / HEX conversion) looks pretty tedious...

I'm wondering if you know if a tool which can automate this process currently exist ? In order to have a clear view of what string matches with NPCs.

Thank you !

PS: and thank you for all your work here too ! :)

Could you clarify on what exactly you're trying to achieve? For one - you should at least convert loc file to a readable format in order to match anything properly, and even then there's no such thing. Knowledge on NPCs have a matching index in both "0" and "10" tables, but that's pretty much it. You can search all strings with NPC name (be it txt/xml/xlsm or whatever other format) to find all entries that include it. If you want to find all entries + related entries (like quests that are given by said NPC), then you can use any table-like formats and related software to make complicated searches (xlsm/xml, or even convert to sql if you're into that) and search all entries in quest table that have matching index and key1.

Return to "BDO Patcher"