Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

[JP] KAMI

Patches for Black Desert localization.
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: [JP] KAMI+Official EU/NA (Mix)

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2020.03.18, 08:22

Updated to v1.31f.

Updated to v1.31g.

Updated to v1.31g2.

Finally finished refreshing translation of Cooking/Alchemy Imperial Delivery Boxes, but note that they're up-to-date + upfront date (by that I mean that I've included currently non-existent materials, that will come soon™, just to not bother updating it again, so don't get confused by those; e.g.: Dellotia's dishes, etc.).

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2020.03.25, 12:28

Updated to v1.31g3.

To all forum members that use this patch or are interested in it - make your choice and vote on Ocean vs Crow debate.

Updated to v1.31h.

Updated to v1.31h2.

Updated to v1.31i.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2020.04.01, 14:44

Updated to v1.31j.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2020.04.08, 12:20

Updated to v1.31k.

Updated to v1.31k2.
Devs reworked a lot of quests, I've fixed all of the related issues that I could spot, but you might still find some discrepancy, it'll take me some time to find and fix all of them.

Updated to v1.31k3.
I've applied few other changes to quests based on original (not JP translation, as that has its own issues), it was a major pain, but it seems like that fixed all errors related to quests.

I've removed all of my troubleshooting here (client was crashing, so I went on fixing all errors thrown by the client, which were related to reworked quests), in the end it was settings fault :( now I have to redo all of it, even downloading saved settings from game server crashes the client *VERYSAD* (I could try to remove parts of the settings, one by one, since client doesn't report which one exactly crashes it, or contact GMs, but that would take even more time than simply redoing all of it).

Updated to v1.31k4.
Had a very rough 2 days, and the problem with client on top of that, even missed events, but I finally managed to find a bit of time to fix the translation of reworked event quest and few more things. No idea when I'll get to the rest of reworked quests, probably I'll retranslate them slowly over some time.

Updated to v1.31k5.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2020.04.15, 13:45

Updated to v1.31l.
I've named the event fish Gold Blackfin Sea Bass, because there already is a Golden Blackfin Sea Bass, which is written with emphasis on "Golden" (황금) in Korean, and should appear in the future updates, just for them to be distinguishable (Golden would be a more correct way of translation, but then they would end up with the same name).

Updated to v1.31l2.
Finished applying the changes. Update recommended.

Updated to v1.31l3.

TheGaijin87
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Postby TheGaijin87 » Sat 2020.04.18, 23:25

Hey there,
first of all i wanted to thank you for your work! i Really appreciate it as i wouldnt be able to play as good and fast as im doing now without it!
Nevertheless i found two mistakes, that were bothering me and im not sure if its due to your translation or if they are wrong in the original as well...
One is that the Shiny Seal description from imperial cooking turn-ins says you get leather saddle of storm for 280 seals but its leather barding. wasted quite a few seals before noticing :D
and the second one is that i got a cooking quest telling me to do 100 smoked fish steaks for heidel soldiers, so i did it and wanted to hand them in only to see that he is only accepting 100 meat stew and not smoked fish steaks :-/
If i find something else ill let you know!

and thanks again for your hard work!

edit: couldnt see my post last time so ill try again...

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sun 2020.04.19, 00:01

TheGaijin87 » Sat 2020.04.18, 23:25 wrote:Hey there,
first of all i wanted to thank you for your work! i Really appreciate it as i wouldnt be able to play as good and fast as im doing now without it!
Nevertheless i found two mistakes, that were bothering me and im not sure if its due to your translation or if they are wrong in the original as well...
One is that the Shiny Seal description from imperial cooking turn-ins says you get leather saddle of storm for 280 seals but its leather barding. wasted quite a few seals before noticing :D
and the second one is that i got a cooking quest telling me to do 100 smoked fish steaks for heidel soldiers, so i did it and wanted to hand them in only to see that he is only accepting 100 meat stew and not smoked fish steaks :-/
If i find something else ill let you know!

and thanks again for your hard work!

edit: couldnt see my post last time so ill try again...

There are quite a few "wrong" things (they are actually outdated, not wrong). Devs rework things all the time and add new things all the time, all I can do is just to translate/retranslate whatever I think is more important at the moment, as I can spare a finite (very limited) amount of time on it (this is not my job, and even on official translations there are more than 1 person working on them, so don't expect this patch to become perfect ever), those 2 are not the only outdated translations out there, that's one of the reasons why I recommend to use pure EU/NA translation for new players (FAQ#15), that said - you'd still want to use my translation for anything related to cash shop and events. Regarding quests - devs not only rework them, they also simply "remove" them and "add" new ones, which are actually put instead of old ones, so some quests might make a complete nonsense, I try to catch those out over some time, but recently they redid a lot of quests once again...
Marked those 2 you mentioned for partial retranslation, will be fixed with the next patch update.

As for the post - the first one is held for moderation (part of the spam prevention system), all your next posts will be visible immediately, don't doublepost =D

TheGaijin87
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Postby TheGaijin87 » Sun 2020.04.19, 04:31

yea i saw that after posting for a second time :D
thanks for the quick response.

so far i dont really have any problems with your translation, apart from the two mentioned. most of the time i have to google stuff anyway when there is a translation missing but thats no problem at all.
one thing i remember is i had a quest in calpheon where i had to talk to that woman in front of the library (beloni or belezzi or something) and i couldnt finish the quest cos there was some yellow japanese text. my wife (who is japanese) translated it for me but i was actually fulfilling all requirements and it still wouldnt let me get further. i just disabled the bdo patch launcher and opened the game in japanese and voila... i could resume the quest. no idea if that makes any sense at all but thats how it was :D

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sun 2020.04.19, 05:26

TheGaijin87 » Sun 2020.04.19, 04:31 wrote:yea i saw that after posting for a second time :D
thanks for the quick response.

so far i dont really have any problems with your translation, apart from the two mentioned. most of the time i have to google stuff anyway when there is a translation missing but thats no problem at all.
one thing i remember is i had a quest in calpheon where i had to talk to that woman in front of the library (beloni or belezzi or something) and i couldnt finish the quest cos there was some yellow japanese text. my wife (who is japanese) translated it for me but i was actually fulfilling all requirements and it still wouldnt let me get further. i just disabled the bdo patch launcher and opened the game in japanese and voila... i could resume the quest. no idea if that makes any sense at all but thats how it was :D

No, this patch can't influence on the course of things, it's purely "cosmetic" (if you get what I mean), the only thing it can possibly cause is the game crash (if the patch is outdated or broken). There are bugs in the game, most can be fixed just by going to character selection screen and back, but more rare ones do require a game restart. If the quest is daily or is dependent on daily quest and your PC time is not the same as the server time (JP time) then that could be the cause, when either your PC time or server time reaches 00:00. You might also encounter some problems if you get desynced with server, but these days it rarely happens to me (can't recall the last time) and I have a very noticeable latency =D Anyway, with all of that - simple character relog is enough. Can't recall the last time I needed to restart the game due to some bug, other than those visual ones (those can be fixed only with game restart).

P.S. All of that^ said, if you'll encounter similar problem in the future, and restart won't help - let me know the quest name, it is possible that they could rework something with addition of something that would cause to break something =D language patching used to be more error-prone in the past, so it would not surprise me.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Tue 2020.04.21, 06:50

Updated to v1.31l4.
This update is not necessary, v1.31l3 will keep working with today's client update.

Return to "Language patches"