Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Supporting ASIA

Asianom
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Supporting ASIA

Postby Asianom » Thu 2023.09.07, 07:57

Hello, do you plan to support new ASIA server?

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Supporting ASIA

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2023.09.07, 08:42

Asianom » Thu 2023.09.07, 07:57 wrote:Hello, do you plan to support new ASIA server?

Yes, I'm aware of the merge, but as of now I'm not sure whether I need to add a separate server to BDO Patcher, or simply rename SEA to SEA/ASIA, as so far it looks like ASIA was built on top of SEA.
Before adding ASIA server I'll need to know some information about it.
First of all, does Launcher auto-detect ASIA client as SEA? If it does then I'll simply rename SEA to SEA/ASIA, if it does not, then as always, I'll need some info about the client, just like with any other server before that (I won't download the client, so volunteer is required):
  • For proper support (probably it's the same as in SEA, but it won't hurt to confirm it):
    1. Install the latest version of Launcher.
    2. Start Launcher. Locate "Tools" in menu and click "BDO Patcher". Locate "???" in menu and click "GenerateBDOInfo", then select meta file in your game folder (e.g.: for both SEA and TH that was "Pearlabyss\BlackDesert\Paz\pad00000.meta", so most likely that will be the case for ASIA client as well). This will not effect your game in any shape or form so don't worry. It will generate "BDOInfoMain" and "BDOInfoPatch" files, that can be found in "Launcher\BDO\out" folder.
    3. Send me "BDOInfoMain" and "BDOInfoPatch" files here or in PM.
  • For automatic detection of client (if it's not detected as SEA):
    1. Find registry entry of BDO ASIA client location (e.g.: for SEA it was stored in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\BlackDesert_ID" "Path", for TH it was stored in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\BlackDesert_TH" "Path", so for ASIA it will be probably similar - "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\BlackDesert_??" "Path").
    2. Post this information here or send it to me in PM.
Once I'll get this information I'll be able to properly add ASIA server to BDO Patcher, until then (since it seems like ASIA was built on top of SEA), in case it's not auto-detected as SEA, you can simply point Launcher to ASIA client as if it was SEA (SEA folder in BDO Patcher settings).

Return to "BDO Patcher"