KAMIKADzE
Infernal
Infernal
Honor: 3091
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

[JP] KAMI+Official EU/NA (Mix)

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.05.24, 08:37

Overloaded EN Patch for JP client

JP Overloaded v1.21a2 - 12.12.2018 (09:00 GMT/UTC)

This patch requires the usage of Launcher v0.8 ALPHA (Launcher v0.7b11-0.7b20 can still be used for a partial patching).
Installation guide
Extract files to "GameOn\BlackDesert_live" folder (e.g. it should be "GameOn\BlackDesert_live\prestringtable\font\pearl.ttf").
Each time before starting the game, follow this simple steps:
1) Start Launcher. Make sure that 1st dot for BDO JP is lime (green), orange, yellow or blue, in case it's not read THAT. 3rd dot should be lime (green).
2) In Launcher menu click on "Tools" => "BDO Patcher".
3) Select "JP" Server if another server is selected.
4) Click on "Advanced" tab.
5) Check what you would like to patch (Loc / Meta+Paz). For a complete patch experience - make sure that Loc, Meta and Paz are all checked.
6) Press "Auto-Patch" button.
7) Start Black Desert JP and leave Launcher sitting in background.
8) After closing the game you can close Launcher if you want.
If you're paranoid about Launcher and don't want it sitting in your background - after step #7, when the game window appears - close Launcher, but remember that the next time before starting Pmang updater you will need to press "Restore Patched Files" (DO NOT uncheck/check any of the Loc/Meta/Paz checkmarks before pressing this button), unless you're OK with it rechecking and updating the client. In case Launcher crashes for whatever reason during your gameplay, the same thing - remember that the next time before starting Pmang updater you will need to press "Restore Patched Files", unless you're OK with it rechecking and updating the client.
If you're unhappy with the included font - simply delete it (prestringtable\font\pearl.ttf) to use the default font.

Uninstall guide
To remove the patch - simply delete "_Adv" and "prestringtable" folders with all their content from the "GameOn\BlackDesert_live" folder. In case Launcher crashed for whatever reason during your gameplay, or you closed Launcher before closing Black Desert - you will also need to press "Restore Patched Files" (DO NOT uncheck/check any of the Loc/Meta/Paz checkmarks before pressing this button), unless you're OK with it rechecking and updating the client.

JP Overloaded FAQ
  1. What is this?
    This is Overloaded EN Patch for BDO JP client. You can use it to change BDO JP client language from JP to EN.
  2. Do I need to download Launcher/BDO Patcher to use this?
    Yes.
  3. Can I play with this patch after update? Do I need to remove this patch after update?
    Yes and No. You can't play with outdated Meta/Paz patch, but you can patch outdated Loc (newer stuff will appear in Korean language). No you don't need to remove this patch, unless Launcher crashed for whatever reason during your gameplay, or you closed Launcher before closing Black Desert, in that case you will need to press "Restore Patched Files" (DO NOT uncheck/check any of the Loc/Meta/Paz checkmarks before pressing this button).
  4. Why do I need to press "Restore Patched Files" if I close Launcher while playing? What will happen if I'll forget to?
    If you close Launcher before closing Black Desert - it can't remove patch after you close Black Desert (obvious, isn't it? *lol* ). With modified file(s), during startup, official updater will detect the difference in file(s) size(s), and will start the updating process of the file(s) in question (some of the patched files might be of the same size as original). It won't harm you in any way, but it will take your time and bandwidth, obviously enough.
  5. Can I get banned for using Overloaded patch? Can I get banned if official updater detects patched files?
    Honestly - no idea. It's possible for devs to check it and know about it (by bit-to-bit comparison and sometimes file size). Modification of game files means modification of game files, and you do that at your own risk.
    That said - I've never heard about anyone getting banned for the reason of using my patch and/or other "Forced"/"Repack" patches created with Launcher. Also I play with this patch myself for a long time, and as you can tell I'm still around. If this is not enough to ensure you - simply don't use it.
  6. Why are you no longer removing JP watermark in JP Overloaded package?
    Because now there's a "None" watermark option in Black Desert settings, since some early 2018 update.
  7. Sometimes it takes you a while to update the patch, is there any way I can update it manually? I'm a noob.
    Yes. There are few things you can do:
    1)If you're a complete noob you can uncheck Meta/Paz and keep using "Auto-Patch" button with only Loc being checked, which will cover most of the translation and the newer stuff will appear in Korean language. After JP Overloaded update check Meta and Paz to patch them as well.
    2)If you pretend to be noob - you can use advanced tab to manually modify and update not only new stuff but everything there is in this patch.

Patches of v1.7g and below require the usage of Launcher v0.7b11+.
Installation guide for v1.7g and below
Before installation backup game meta file (GameOn\BlackDesert_live\Paz\pad00000.meta). Recover original meta file before updating the game with official updater.
Extract files to "GameOn\BlackDesert_live" folder (e.g. it should be "GameOn\BlackDesert_live\prestringtable\font\pearl.ttf").
Each time before starting the game, follow this simple steps:
1) Start Launcher. Make sure that 1st dot for BDO JP is lime (green), orange, yellow or blue, in case it's not read THAT. 3rd dot should be lime (green).
2) In Launcher menu click on "Tools" => "BDO Patcher".
3) Select "JP" Server if another server is selected.
4) Click on "Advanced" tab.
5) Press "Auto-Patch" button.
6) Start Black Desert JP and leave Launcher sitting in background.
7) After closing the game you can close Launcher if you want.
If you're paranoid about Launcher and don't want it sitting in your background - after step #6, when the game window appears - click "Unsub BDO events" and close Launcher, but remember that the next time before starting Pmang updater you will need to press "Restore LOC", unless you're OK with it rechecking and updating the client. In case Launcher crashes for whatever reason during your gameplay, the same thing - remember that the next time before starting Pmang updater you will need to press "Restore LOC", unless you're OK with it rechecking and updating the client.
If you're unhappy with the included font - simply delete it (prestringtable\font\pearl.ttf) to use the default font.

Uninstall guide for v1.7g and below
To remove the patch - simply delete "_Adv", "stringtable", "ui_data", "ui_texture" folders with all their content from the "GameOn\BlackDesert_live" folder, and replace meta file (GameOn\BlackDesert_live\Paz\pad00000.meta) with previously backed-up original meta file.

JP Overloaded FAQ for v1.7g and below
  1. What is this?
    This is Overloaded EN Patch for BDO JP client. You can use it to change BDO JP client language from JP to EN.
  2. Do I need to download Launcher/BDO Patcher to use this?
    Yes.
  3. Can I play with this patch after update? Do I need to remove this patch after update?
    No, you can't play with outdated Overloaded patch. Yes, you can remove this patch and play without it, while waiting for the updated version of this patch.
  4. Why do I need to recover meta file before updating the client? What will happen if I'll forget to?
    With modified meta, during update, official updater might start rechecking all files, so basically it will take more time to update the client. This won't necessarily happen, updater don't really distinguish them this days and will update the same way as with the original meta (this might be changed with the next JP updater version, or the next, or the next...well you got the point).
  5. Can I get banned for using Overloaded patch? Can I get banned for updating the client before restoring original meta?
    Honestly - no idea. It's possible for devs to check it and know about it. Modification of game files means modification of game files, and you do that at your own risk.
    That said - I've never heard about anyone getting banned for the reason of using my patch and/or other "Forced" patches created with Launcher. Also I play with this patch myself for a long time, and as you can tell I'm still around. If this is not enough to ensure you - simply use JP Safe package.
  6. Why did you remove JP watermark in JP Overloaded package? Why not another one?
    Well I have thought about it for quite a while, it was also a requested feature, but I didn't want to do that while there is no external FEX in Launcher yet, but as you can tell I finally removed it anyway, and on the rare occasions when you will need it for whatever reason you can remove patch and then put it back. Removing non-default one...well not everyone is smart enough to figure out which one they need to tick, not even to mention that they won't bother to read this FAQ. If there is a big need for the existence of JP watermark then let me know in this thread, I might split this Overloaded package into 1 with that watermark and 1 without.
    By the way - you can also replace it with your own watermark, which can be whatever you want ;D
  7. Sometimes it takes you a while to update the patch, is there any way I can update it manually? I'm a noob.
    Yes. There are few things you can do:
    1)If you're a complete noob you can keep using "Auto-Patch" button, which will cover most of the translation and the new stuff will be in Korean.
    2)If you can check/uncheck few checkboxes and press one more button - you can modify meta to basically get the state of the pre-update patch (including #1).
    3)If you pretend to be noob - you can use advanced tab to manually modify and update not only new stuff but everything there is in this patch.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Infernal
Infernal
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Re: [JP] Official EU/NA

Postby KAMIKADzE » Mon 2017.06.05, 20:42

Updated to v1.0b. It has few deviations from Official EU/NA that I've done previously.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Infernal
Infernal

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.06.07, 08:23

Updated to v1.0b2.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Infernal
Infernal

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.06.07, 18:19

Updated to v1.0c.
Some small changes related to JP server.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Infernal
Infernal

Re: [JP] ~Official EU/NA

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.06.14, 09:18

Updated to v1.0c2.
v1.0d will be up sometime later today.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Infernal
Infernal

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.06.14, 18:37

Updated to v1.0d.

cr0nicatv
NOOB
NOOB
Honor: 0

Postby cr0nicatv » Sat 2017.06.17, 15:59

sorry my english, after installing the patch this error appears, help!!

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Infernal
Infernal

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2017.06.17, 16:34

cr0nicatv wrote:sorry my english, after installing the patch this error appears, help!!

1st - considering the language used by xigncode, could it be that you're using this patch for SA client? If so then you shouldn't, because as specified in the name of this thread - this patch is for JP client only.

2nd - in case you're using it for JP, from my fairly limited ES knowledge without using translators I guess it says clearly that it detected suspicious program, so check what programs you're running on background.

anje.lee
Wisp
Wisp
Honor: 0

Postby anje.lee » Tue 2017.06.20, 22:49

Hi !
How can I merge raw languagedata_jp.txt and languagedata_jp.txt files from the old translation?
Thank!

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Infernal
Infernal

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.06.21, 00:56

anje.lee wrote:Hi !
How can I merge raw languagedata_jp.txt and languagedata_jp.txt files from the old translation?
Thank!

Data v2 can be merged with 1 of the 2 Merge Data v2 buttons.
General description on how to merge can be found THERE.

Return to “Language patches”