Your Ad could be here.
Donate to support DoTA forum and Launcher development.

Download Launcher

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
Honor: 3102
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17

Re: Download Launcher

Postby KAMIKADzE » Mon 2023.08.14, 03:02

Updated to v0.8c2.
Read Changelog for quick summary.
  • Console Key Bindings
    First of all - more user errors handling are on the way, you'll see console complaining with text instead of errors starting from the next update. If you don't see Console Key Bindings section in Launcher key binding then you simply haven't added the key binding or tried to do so improperly, read the help.
    • Console Key Bindings can be set as Global.
    • You can add any command to Console Key Binding. Add combo if you want to execute multiple commands with single key binding.
  • Multi-monitor compatibility
    This one sits in planned list for quite a while, finally continued the work on it.
    Settings to configure working areas will be released with full control given to you, it'll allow you to min-max RAM usage by windows as well as their positions on multi-monitor setups, however weird they are. With full control it'll be significantly easier to make your windows invisible =D so I decided to release this update with these settings hidden (for proper public testing + I still need to add some UI). With release of these settings I also plan to add key binding to all configurable windows, that will reset all working areas to default.

v0.8c is no longer available.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner

Postby KAMIKADzE » Mon 2023.09.11, 19:48

Updated to v0.8d.
Read Changelog for quick summary.
  • Operating area settings
    I strongly recommend to not explicitly set the values, unless you have some weird monitors setup/want to min-max RAM usage/want to restrict window to certain area, but in case you'll make your window invisible - reset the area to default (Ctrl+Alt+F1 by default), do note that this won't change the setting, so you'll have to change your settings afterwards.
  • JP2 Auto-Patcher Detection
    Read the tooltips =D
    I personally use "Watchdog E" with 1000 ms.
    WMI is more compatible with weird setups, won't trigger any AV, etc. etc., hence the reason why I set it as default (it was also used before this update). If you don't care about CPU usage WMI is perfectly fine option.
    Watchdog L is for min-maxing. Maybe I'll add a driver-based detector in the future (like the AVs do) to reduce CPU usage even further than that, but it's not planned at the moment and will require a lot of time for testing, if I'll ever get to it.
  • Removal of "Get all audio files" button from BDO Patcher
    That button was added before the introduction of FEX and became outdated long time ago, no idea why I left it for such a long period of time. It used less-restrictive and intricate method of extraction, so theoretically it was slightly faster than extraction via FEX, but on practice most users should be restricted mostly by I/O and R/W of drive, rather than the CPU, so the real world speed difference should be close to negligible, furthermore, since "Get all audio files" button's method was outdated, there was a high chance that it could crash Launcher, and a single crash will throw all the speed benefits down the drain, hence the reason why I decided to remove it. Use Get RAW instead.
    Audio tab will remain as a placeholder, waiting for Wwise converter.
This update includes significant amount of improvements across the board.
v0.8c2 is no longer available.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Sat 2023.09.23, 04:04

Updated to v0.8d2.
Read Changelog for summary.

This update concludes the changes started with v0.8c.
  • Improved tray tooltips compatibility with 3rd party software
    It was quite tricky to figure out, but in short - some 3rd party software, that duplicates icons, duplicated Launcher's icons (v4) into older format (v2), causing all sorts of issues, that wouldn't necessarily even affect Launcher or such software. Now Launcher will try to feed v2 version of its icons to such software (this change slightly increases CPU usage, but prevents the issues).
  • Hardware Acceleration
    This setting was turned on in previous versions of Launcher, but it seems like under certain systems with certain Windows versions, with certain GPU(s), with certain monitors setups, it can cause Launcher to weirdly release certain UI-related RAM (actually not Launcher, but the compiler itself, so it's very very tricky to workaround this issue). Best way to figure out if you have this issue is to restart dwm multiple times in a row, forcing UI updates. Even if you have this issue, in case your system runs smoothly and you don't restart dwm - you won't notice it.
    Turn this setting on to use your GPU to help with UI rendering, it should slightly reduce CPU usage in exchange of GPU usage.
This update also brings plenty of improvements for CPU/RAM usage.
v0.8d is no longer available.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2023.09.29, 03:24

Updated to v0.8d3.

General performance-focused update.
v0.8b2 is no longer available.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Thu 2024.01.18, 19:04

Updated to v0.8d4.

This update is primarily about the addition of XC3 BD Mode to JP2 Auto-Patcher, which is now the default mode.
XC3 has returned more centralized than it used to be (kernel that uses decentralized modules stored for each game, that can be updated independently). Legacy mode for decentralized XC3 is still available as an L Mode. I also considered adding 3rd mode, which would patch based on the kernel's operation, but it doesn't seem like there is any reason for it, BD Mode should work for everyone. Also I've seen plenty of conspiracy and paranoia regarding new XC3, so I'd like to point out that - no it doesn't spy on you, when the game is closed, it starts with the game and closes with it, even if the game crashes. Maybe I'll add the ability for you to monitor if it's operational or not, sometime in the future.

Also comes with few minor improvements.
v0.8d2 is no longer available.

KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Blood Mage
Blood Mage

Postby KAMIKADzE » Fri 2024.01.19, 12:26

Updated to v0.8d5.

Improved compatibility of Watchdog L and Watchdog E with runtime variables editing.
This will be difficult to explain, but basically I added a workaround to what can be considered as a very bad practice on PA side. Probably this issue is related to PA doing some weird changes for Windows 11 and/or Linux, but even if then they should have edited it in the file, not during the runtime, what they are doing now can cause issues with OS, anyway, if you had troubles with Watchdog detecting the game then it should be fixed, if you have troubles with WMI detecting the game then there is nothing I can do with that (use one of the Watchdogs instead).
P.S. Also this change slightly increases the detection time for both Watchdogs, so if you had super tight timings then you might need to tweak them.
v0.8d4 is no longer available.

Return to "Launcher"