The original KR naming goes as follows:
+16 - 장
+17 - 광
+18 - 고
+19 - 유
+20 - 동
The problem with direct translation is that they can be translated in various ways, and without knowing the context/origin it is quite hard. From my research I managed to find 2 theories explained by Koreans (I have no idea if any of those is correct):
1) "Chinese influence", which is the one that I'm currently using in KAMI JP patch. If you haven't understood up until now - the game is heavily influenced by Korean, Japanese and Chinese cultures, history, etc.
I don't want to endlessly type here, so let's make it a little bit shorter - basically if you take into consideration that Korean alphabet (not Hangul, but the older one) was originally based on Chinese, and then tie that all up with those above + read Korean guesses on why devs named it as they did - you should get something like that:
- 장 => Long (longer version). Combined path from previous 15 enhancement points into a long one-dimensional line. (I know that it doesn't stick to accessories with that theory, but it is the only info that I could find)
- 광 => Light (wide beam of light, also can be translated as optical and mean lengthened). Widened in length means that it is now in two-dimensional surface.
- 고 => High. Adding height (one more axis). Means that it is now in three-dimensional space.
- 유 => Flow (유동 = Flow, also on its own can be translated as existence). Means that fixed points in a three-dimensional space begin to move in a single flow.
- 동 => Dynamic (moving east, dong, east, neighbourhood). Three-dimensional sense of space and movement in all directions.
Of course now many of you will ask "Then what was the previous naming? Where did it came from?". First of all for those that don't know - the previous naming in my patches was as follows:
+16 - Celestial
+17 - Divine
+18 - Epic
+19 - Legendary
+20 - Mythic
There is a mod, that ships with Launcher, named "Enhancement MuxaHuk" which has this naming, and can be used to change the current translation to the previous one.
The name of that mod actually explains where did I get this naming from, but unfortunately I could not find the origin, maybe MuxaHuk "invented" it maybe not.
So what about translations in the other versions?, you would ask. - Good question. Let's firstly talk about JP.
JP translators didn't give a **** at all and translated all of them as 真 => True (Genuine). That is it.
So what about EU/NA?
They simplified naming, so that it will be easier to understand which one is that, but completely left out origin:
+16 - PRI
+17 - DUO
+18 - TRI
+19 - TET
+20 - PEN
There is also a mod for that one named "Enhancement EUNA".
And what with RU?
As far as I remember they have even simpler and more straight forward naming than EU/NA:
+16 - I
+17 - II
+18 - III
+19 - IV
+20 - V